“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
York, PA
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Normally the casino hotels in Atlantic City are out of our price range, but I found a good deal for the Taj Mahal for the weekend that we had planned to be in town so I booked the room. We arrived on Friday Feb 27, 2015 and found free parking in the hotel self park garage. There was a short line to check in but it moved quickly. We had some trouble finding the room at first and asked security for help. He was very polite and helpful. Got to the room in the Chairman Tower and it looked basically like the photos. A rather large room with a king bed. The bathroom was huge too with a large shower. We had plenty of towels and the other normal toiletries typically provided by a hotel. The soap dispenser was in the shower and there was also a bar of soap provided. Everything was clean and pleasant and the bed was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. Overall we had limited interaction with the staff, (because nothing was wrong), but those we did meet were polite and friendly.

We had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe on Friday night and breakfast at the Plate both Saturday and Sunday. The wait staff at the Plate was very friendly, professional and service was fast. We always find that if you're friendly and polite to people they will be friendly and polite to you too. Of course we had no problems with our meal, it arrived fast and hot as is expected for breakfast.

Overall it is a nice hotel. It was bitter cold out while we were there but the heater in the room worked fine and even had to be turned down some because it got to hot. Things were clean and the room had been made up when we returned Saturday afternoon. The worst part of this hotel is the price. We were lucky and paid under $200 a night, but $300-$400 a night on the weekends is typically normal. I guess if you pay $400 a night you might be disappointed in the quality and amenities of the room, but that is typical for AC, especially over the summer.

Our stay was in the Chairman Tower so we can't say how the rooms are in the Taj Tower. Keep in mind this hotel is 25 years old, so if you're expecting everything to be shiny and brand new you are going to be disappointed. But if you're looking for a nice hotel on the AC boardwalk then the Chairman Tower at the Taj is a good place.

Room Tip: Chairman Tower Floors start with the 60th floor. It's a little confusing the first time there.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Booked a suite because it was 1/2 price a few days after Valentines day.
Pros-*The price deal
* Huge room with awesome view of the ocean and boardwalk
* Beautiful Jacuzzi tub and bedroom (seeing a few handprints on the mirrors above the
* bed was pretty amusing
*Bathrooms, table, sheets, pillows,and wood furniture were all clean.
* Actually did pretty good in the casino
Cons-*Disgusting, stained rug...pretty much all over the room.
*Upholstery on the couches/chairs really needed to be sanitized and steam cleaned. If I
had a blue light with me I have no doubt the couches/chairs would be "glowing".
* Could Not connect to internet (which is around $13.00). When I called hotel services in
regards to no connection, her only response was to connect to AT&T & "Good Luck". We
tried with 2 computers, and no luck. Spouse needed to check work email.

Would not recommend for full price. Not sure I would recommend for 1/2 price either because the upholstery and carpet was just that bad, although I'm sure not all the suites are as bad.

Grasonville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Taj is my favorite place to stay in Atlantic City. I have been there many times. On this trip, I have seen room improvements. I do not know where some of these other people are staying. My room was very clean and it looks like the carpet was recently cleaned. The bed sheets were snow white. I had everything that I needed in the room. I stayed in the Chairman's tower but I have stayed in both towers. I prefer Chairman's because I would rather have a large shower instead of a bathtub/shower combo. Not all the restaurants are open during the week but Caesar's and Bally's are the same. They have certain days where some of the restaurants are closed but not ALL. The days that I was there, I did not have a problem finding a place to eat. All the people are nice and friendly. I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you prefer a tub and don't like a long walk, stay in the Taj Tower. The rooms are good there...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Whiting, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It started at the check in and continued from there. We stood in line for 15 minutes because of only having two check in clerks on duty. Then literally got rushed through, to the point of having to ask questions of the clerk what was the room number, elevators, etc. Things she would normally go through. The room was fairly decent but could really have been cleaner. I was glad to see security at the elevator entrance. I can see why Trump wants his name removed from this hotel/ casino. The food court area was absolutely filthy and the attitude's of the employees operating these places was horrible. This included our day of departure stop for coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Starbucks! We ordered two breakfast sandwiches, and two coffees, the employee was alone at that point and was being overwhelmed by more customers coming in , and our order got screwed up, the sandwiches were wrong and my wife's coffee was not made correctly. Other customers also were having the same problem. Unless they do something to fix this situation, this will be the next casino to bite the dust! I have stayed here in the past and this has really been a decliy since then!5

Room Tip: I really can't say as to what could get a better room in these conditions, if cleanliness and se...
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

stayed at the chairman tower had a great time room was clean also there is a very nice indoor pool for the kids clean and heated my only criticism is there is a $20 per person per day fee to use the gym and there is also a fee for wifi

Room Tip: chairman tower in newer
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

the Hotel was terrible in November,when Trump still owned it..we couldnt even get out room cleaned,, ,,because it was closing,,But, a new owner took over,,so we thought we would try it again,,Still dirty ,,,you have to ask for everything, nothing in the rooms,I ask for an iron,,I think someone actually tried to cook food on it,,,well its still disgusting,,Im never going back ,,I dont care what the new owner does to it,,,,Ill rate it 1 because some of the people were nice,,A man fell on the floor and was knocked out for about 10 seconds it tooks us about 7 minutes to find someone to help him,,and then they just let him walk away..........

Room Tip: dont go,,,
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We love the Trump Taj Mahal.
Of the places that we have visited and stayed in Atlantic City, we enjoy Trump Taj the most.
The rooms are very clean, the staff are excellent, and there are plenty of options for gaming and dining.
There are plenty of smoking areas, but they take care of the smoke, and they have a great ventilation system, so nonsmokers can enjoy themselves and not be smoked out.
The Rim is some of the best food I have ever eaten. On the weekends Ego is rocking with the almost angels.
The only things I don't like is there really is no regular show there except Almost angels, and there really is no dance club. But it is good for those who actually want to GAMBLE and be rewarded for their gambling. Trump Taj gives the players the best rewards of any casino I have ever been in.
We will continue to keep going back as much as we can.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!