“Nice Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Syracuse, New York, United States
“Nice Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We went here on a special deal combined with a bus trip. While we probably wouldn't have chosen to stay here I found it to be very clean and comfortable. We did not eat in any of the restaurants at the hotel, they were pretty pricey! Also we did not go into the hot tub as it was an extra $20.00! I feel it really should be included with all the other amenities! Atlantic City is a fun place to visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If my name was on a place I would make sure the service was the best -A lot of sour looking staff -eat at Burger and White House but forget Plate
-they must hire staff that Mac
Donald's rejected- mediocre portion controlled not so fast food and even slower waiters
But the rooms are quite nice and priced right .Friendly and helpful Reception staff make the experience enjoyable

• Stayed March 2014
jerseydreamerr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here because he won a free room through a radio station. I had read a lot of reviews prior to our stay and was a little nervous. First, the hotel is dated. It is an older hotel. I found it to be very clean. The rooms are nice and clean as well. They are nothing fancy but are clean and had very comfortable beds. And we found all of the staff we dealt with to be extremely friendly.

This was our second night in AC (first night was at another, newer casino). We were tired from the night before and wanted to grab a quick dinner. We went to Burger. Which is a little pricey for a burger, but it is AC and it was really, really good.

The casino is large and we basically broke even. We did see a lot of winners.

The only negative is that I find their food choices lacking. Some restaurants were closed and others are chain. I find other casinos to have better, more unique food.

Other then the food, we had a very nice time and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Let me start off by saying I go to Atlantic City often but this was my first time staying at Trump Taj Mahal and my rooms were comped. I had a 2 night stay in the Taj Tower, decent room on the "24th" floor. Everything looked/smelled clean, and had an awesome view . I read the reviews of this place prior to booking and did not like what I read but chose to see for myself. The lobby was clean, the bathrooms (for some reason a lot were closed), the hotel hallways, the casino floor, and the eating establishments were all clean. I also love how Trump Taj Mahal is connected to Showboat and Resorts Casino, good way to play in another casino without going out side in the cold and dark. My only disappointments were, Sultan's Buffet was never open, the elevators need to be renovated/deep cleaned, water from the shower and sink smelled wierd (metallic, maybe?), too much empty space in level 2 (ballroom/Scores area), and an undercover gaming agent on the casino floor thought I was underage and asked me for ID but did not identify themselves first and made a scene (I know gaming agents are state government but it happened in Trump taj mahal, in front customers and Trump employees so I wanted to put it on here). Overall, unlike some of the other reviews, I never saw hookers/homeless people/pests/or rodents. I had a great time, staff was awesone, and I will come back to stay in the Chairmen Tower for another review.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Union, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I love the environment. However, my phone was stolen by the staff and nothing was done about it. I tracked it, have pictures, wrote to them and no response. That is fine with me, though, I am contacting the police and just going to let them arrest the individual responsible (individuals responsible I should say).

If you go here DO NOT count on anyone to help you if you have a lost item. It will be taken and not given back. Luckily for me I am able to geographically track my phone every 5 minutes and I am also obtaining more and more pictures. Gotta love technology. It's a shame that it has to be this way, because other than that I do LOVE This casino.

ATTENTION TO THE CEO/PRESIDENT! YOUR SECURITY TEAM IS STEALING FROM YOUR CLIENTELE. YOU SHOULD ADDRESS THE SITUATION FOR FUTURE VISITORS. As for the security, who did not help or gave a minute of their time, I hope they are happy with a phone that is currently incriminating them and also is completely useless due to being locked remotely and encrypted various ways. Hopefully nobody gets in too much trouble for the theft of an item over $500. Oh, yes, that's a felony in NJ of the 3rd degree. Theft of $500-75,000. Good luck with the court system and hope this issue is addressed to REVIVE A GREAT HOTEL!

Good entertainment here, ALL AROUND. Highly recommend the Almost Angels show and Casbah which is open again. Also, SCORES is a little rip-off but independent and pretty cool. KInd of a snob or above everyone attitude at that place.. HILARIOUS. You are a stripper no matter where it is. Anyway, GREAT ENTERTAINMENT.

SECURITY - Suspect and not trustworthy. Also, watch all employees i.e. waitresses. They know the floor so well after all. Just a couple of hints and words of advice. Hope it helps.

BRING BACK THE GOOD CASINO WITH EXCELLENT STAFF THAT ARE WILLING TO HELP!

Room Tip: Never know what room you will get. Just hope you get one with a safe and make sure you protect your...
Johnson City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Taj Mahal numerous times for a couples getaway. When we went last week (2/23 to 2/27) it was one of the worst trips we have ever taken. Parking was $10 when we arrived even though we were staying at the hotel and things went downhill from there. It was difficult to find a place to eat since several restaurants were closed. Some of the shops were only open on the weekend. The overall condition of the rooms, hotel and casino are in desperate need of a good cleaning, a coat of paint and repairs to the wallpaper which is ripped and peeling off. Mold was starting to grow on the caulk in our bathroom and the faucet in the sink was like a fountain when you turned it on. There has been a huge downsizing of the staff and even though they are friendly and polite it is obvious they are very stressed. At times you couldn't find someone from security in the public areas. Luckily we didn't have an incident requiring security although I did get a bit nervous numerous times when I was approached outside and in the casino by people who were obviously homeless. Several of the public bathrooms were closed all week and the ones that were open were not dirty with and toilets and sinks didn't work properly. On Monday afternoon I went downstairs to Guest Services to address several issues with our room and the employee apologized and gave me a piece of paper with a phone number and website on it then said she didn't think she could do anything to correct the issues but she would try. I placed a call from my cell phone that was never returned and still haven't been contacted by anyone. I also visited the website and still haven't received any response. By Monday evening I was so upset and frustrated I went to the Main Desk and spoke to a supervisor who corrected some of the problems and gave me food vouchers to use during our stay. When I got back to my room I called to thank her and got a rude response. Even the salon was bad. I stopped in to find out how much a manicure would be and stood at the desk for 10 minutes while the employees completely ignored me. The one highlight of our trip was a couples massage I had set up at the spa before leaving home. It was truly the best massage I have ever had! My husband and I go to Atlantic City at least 4 times a year to get away as a couple but will never stay at the Trump Taj Mahal again!

Somerset, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I decided to take a long weekend trip to Atlantic City for some rest and relaxation. We booked a Grand Suite for a very reasonable prices. We arrived on Sunday, with reservations to stay through Tuesday. We arrived early Sunday and were placed in a Gran Suite on the 15 th floor of the Taj Tower. The suite was large and nicely decorated. Sunday was relaxing and fun with gambling and eating (unfortunately, the Sultan's Feast Buffet was closed for the week). Monday started out perfectly, but started going downhill rapidly. At lunch we ate at the Rim Noodle...big mistake. We ordered regular spring rolls (as we have done at many restaurants). There was no indication on the menu that they contained shrimp (as I have a severe allergy to shrimp). Luckily, my wife tasted them first and warned me not to eat them. After this we spent a pleasant afternoon at the Taj and had a good dinner. When we returned to our room, we observed a large mouse/small rat in our suite. I immediatley called Guest Services and asked to speak with the manager on duty (7:56pm). The Taj employee stated that the manager was in a meeting and did not have time to talk with me. I insisted that the manager come up to my suite and discuss the "rodent situation". Forty-five minutes later the head of housekeeping come to our suite and we informed her of the problem. We also indicated that we were leaving the Taj that night, instead of staying. Eventually the manager was informed of this and spoke with us as we were checking-out. The manager informed us that since we booked out stay with Travelocity, it was now our responsibility to contact them about our leaving early and seek a refund from them. After this experience, we cannot boast good things about staying at the Trump Taj Mahal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!