“Huge Rooms in the Chairman Tower” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Gold Coast
“Huge Rooms in the Chairman Tower”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night at the Trump Taj Mahal Chairman Tower and booked our room through Expedia. We couldn't believe the size of the room for the price. Everything is new and clean. There was a massive shower, but no bath. We had a lovely view of the ocean. We were a little surprised that the Buffett closed at 8pm, so if you want to have that you need to eat early. We ended up eating a lovely meal at the Hard Rock, which is next door. Check-in and check out was quick. We chose the Valet parking for $15 and again had no problems. This hotel is right on the Broad walk. As we went in early April the weather was cool and a lot of things closed and the shops open sold extremely dated merchandise. I would image this would be buzzing in the warmer months.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Queens, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Whenever I think of the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, my experience here from 2011 comes to mind:

Livingsocial Deal: Two Night in Grand Suite for Two - Two Robes, Two pairs of slippers, Health club for two and $20 food credit per stay, 2pm late check-out.

The hotel itself was fine but service was lacking in all aspects. The grand suite looked a lot more modern in the photographs on the Taj website. While trying to get more information about the Livingsocial deal and how I should book the reservation, I spoke to a reservations agent named Denise on 7/24/11. Denise was not as familiar with the deal as she should be. She actually stated that I cannot book for July because the deal starts in August to September when option C for two nights in the Grand Suite is actually open for dates in July. I was placed on hold 3 times during our 20 minute conversation because she had to "check with her supervisor" before answering questions I asked. I can accept this as I understand the deal is new but shouldn't all hotel staff be trained on upcoming/current deals to be able to promote and answer questions about them?

Upon my arrival at the hotel, I checked in with a front desk agent Wendy. Wendy did not greet me. She simply swiped my credit card and handed my keys. None of the items included in my deal were introduced or prepared for my stay. I did not receive my health club access or $20 food credit until I ask for it. Wendy responded that those amenities were not included in my stay even when the voucher I was holding in my had stated otherwise. She had to leave the desk to contact a manager to review the deal to issue them to me. Again, shouldn't all hotel staff be trained on current hotel deals!?

As expected, once I reached my room there were no robes or slippers to be found. I called guest services for these items to be sent to my room just to find out they are out of slippers or never carried them to begin with. Twenty minutes later I still did not receive my robes so I called housekeeping once more to check on my request. Did I ever get my robes? Nope.

Of course, it has been two years since my stay. However, this memory is still quite vivid. Guest perception is a hotel's reality. Will I ever recommend this hotel to others or return? Not in this lifetime.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedarville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband took me to the Taj for my birthday. We stayed in the Regal suite. It was actually at a special rate that nite. The room was clean, very romantic and we had a wonderful view of the boardwalk and ocean. What a wonderful birthday!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

First of all, I must say that my family and me love Atlantic City. Regarding this trip the weather was fabulous. The hotel is always great. There was only something that I did not like and is about the parking lot policy. We parked our car on the self park side; however, it looks like there is a miscommunication within the garage personnel. The first day of our stay, paid the $5.00 fees, the next day we paid the fees again, but we came out from the hotel like twenty minutes after we paid this amount and when we wanted to reentry the hotel, the person in the garage told us that they needed to keep the receipt.
I went to the front desk and complained about it, the lady on the front desk was really professional and called her supervisor and they gave us a receipt valid for us to go to any hotel within 24 hours waving the fees. Other than that I have to say that is always great to go to AC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am very picky about my hotels. If I can hear the doors slamming and the people next door, I can't sleep. And, when I can't sleep... I write bad reviews... and that gets me... well... nowhere. However... I can tell you that if you stay at the Taj Mahal, the CHAIRMAN TOWER is where you need to stay. It is a newly built tower (as of 2013) and the rooms are beautiful, spacious and quiet. I stayed their last night (4/3/13) and would go back in an instant. Check in was smooth and the night was perfect... and I am saying this despite losing a couple hundred dollars. The pool was under mainteance due to an "unexpected issue,' which would have caused an issue if my kids were with me, but they weren't. It is well worth the ~ $100 I paid.

Room Tip: Ask for the Chairman Tower... it will cost you a little more, but WELL WORTH IT!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The worst experience I've ever had at a hotel in my entire life. Don't book a stay here. Let's run down everything:

Reservations (Prequel): Made a reservation for a birthday weekend and asked for a room with a jacuzzi. I was informed there were no rooms available with jacuzzi's in them. I was informed there was a spa with whirlpools and so I decided to book a room. I get the confirmation email and it informs me that $100 per day will be deducted from my card for Room Incidental fees in addition to the regular room fees. No biggie but it would've been nice if the reservation specialist had informed me.

Day 1: We check into the room and decide it's too small and want to upgrade. Now the prices on the site go up $20 per upgrade. They inform us on the phone that all upgrades will be $100 off top. So we are upset because it seems we are being penalized and we are paying customers. So someone can come off street and book the same room for cheaper? Why? We go downstairs and talk to the staff again and they grudgingly agree to give us the upgraded room for a $40 difference instead of the $100 penalty. Now mind you, everyone in the staff has an attitude problem and respond aggressively to questions as if a fight is never too far away. We are appalled the entire way and just in shock. We check into the room and guess what? A whirlpool is in the bathroom. We are informed that we asked if there were any ROOMS with a jacuzzi. We should've asked if there were any SUITES with a jacuzzi. Right.
Upon checking in, we notice the mirrors in the bathroom are smudged and haven't been cleaned. The clock in the bedroom is also 25 minutes forward. Just tickytack unprofessionalism. There's a glob of black hair on the pillows on the bed. There are stains on the floor. Just little things to remind us that people have stayed in the room. Appalling.
I wake up in the middle of the night because there's an incessant buzzing coming from the bathroom. I look and it's the air circulating in the vent. The problem is the vent has a crack in it. The sound i've been hearing for hours is a towel lodged into the crack in the vent. Whoever had been there before had put a towel in the crack because the sound is even more incessantly loud without the towel lodged in the space. The staff should've seen this and repaired the vent. Hell, the staff might've been the ones who put the towel in the crack to try to hide the sound. I'm guessing they were.

Day 2:
We wake up and pull the shades back on the bedroom windows. There's a used toothbrush on the window sill. I can't make this stuff up if I tried. We order breakfast and leave to go shopping. The staff don't even acknowledge us as we leave. There's no friendliness. There's no "Hope your day is good." None of that. We come back hours later and our food is outside our door on a table. Now mind you, it's been hours. Our keys also don't work. We grudgingly go back down to the staff and we know there's gonna be some kind of conflict. Why should we as paying customers have to feel like this? We wait in line and talk to the front desk people and of course they place the blame on us. I've never experienced this in my life. They ask how we put the keys in, are we sure they don't work, etc etc. We start telling the front desk agent about our other complaints and he leaves suddenly and gets the manager. She comes out with a confused look on her face. All the workers are hovering around and staring at us. It's almost like a stand-off and I'm not even exaggerating.
The manager takes us to the side and we fully explain everything that's been going on. She seems genuinely stunned. She graciously offers to upgrade our suite for no upgrade fee. We accept. We check into our new suite and it's a very nice upgrade. Ok.

Day 3:
We go downstairs to check out. Mind you, we were thinking about staying but decide to just cut our losses and leave this place. We go to front desk to check out and the young lady takes our keys and prints our bill. She looks ferociously at the screen as she's reading some sort of notes on us. I assume it's our complaints and our upgrade. Her face immediately turns hostile and she slams the bill in front of me and says my card got charged a fee that certainly seems much higher than what the rooms were. We review the bill and ask questions about the bill. She responds aggressively to every question and even starts yelling. I immediately ask for a manager as she is clearly hostile and keeps cutting me off. She slams her pen down without a word and disappears to the back. The same manager from the night before comes out and she has a look on her face like, "Oh my God, these people again." The front desk girl is behind her and aggressively staring me down as if she wants to fight. Again, we are shocked and feel pushed into a corner. Why should paying customers feel this way? She explains the bill and we all see that the fee is NOT what the young lady had stated to us. The young girl had taken the liberty to add the $200 in incidental fees to the tally. She did it on purpose to try to rile us up and it worked as she smirked when we all realized this.
We kinda walked out of the lobby like, "What just happened?' How could such a weekend turn into a nightmare? How could an establishment make us feel so low as we leave? I've never experienced anything like this in my life. Not once did we use profanity to anyone in the staff. There's no way we should've been treated this way or even allowed to leave feeling confused and stunned by all of this. The Trump Taj Mahal is the worst hotel I've ever been to and it's all because of the staff and their negligence. Theu cut corners, they're needlessly aggressive, and they take an "Us vs. Them" philosophy. I'm appalled that so much has happened as I even reflect on the weekend. It was the worst weekend of my life. They have no right to treat people this way.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here. The staff go out of their way to show you that they don't care. An...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We spent the last 3 days in atlantic city we has a chairman room which was what we wanted, it was very clean and spacious but did lack any guest imformation (ie hotel information and area info) other than that our only other comment would be that food trollies were not collected from outside the room that had room service (we had 2 on our floor from early on the Friday and they were still there when we checked out Saturday) We are sure that if Mr Trump was visiting they would have been removed pronto
The casino was very smokey and the smell got everywhere so we didnt bother using it
there was only 1 bar open during our stay and we weren't impressed
the lobby staff were very helpful but the other staff ie the parking attendant was more interested in her phone conversations then helping us
we were told on check in that the parking fee would be a straight $10 it was not mentioned that is was $10.00 per day also we would like to know how the room rate could triple on good friday after we had booked in for 4 nights
Hope you enjoy your trip

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!