“Nice Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
New Jersey
“Nice Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We arrived at the Taj Mahal around 8pm and there was a short line. Unlike some casino's there was plenty of customer service available to check us in. We were waved over by Linda, a fantastic representative who greeted us with a smile and prompt service. She made my girlfriend and I feel "welcomed" right away. Our suite in the Chairman Tower was very nice. Unfortunately the pool was closed, but otherwise a nice visit. Keep up the pleasant customer service it was much appreciated. Thanks, Linda.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the Chairman Tower.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
North Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

When I travel to Atlantic City I always stay at the Trump Taj Mahal. I go usually twice a month and always get my room and food compted. I prefer to stay in the old tower which is the Taj Tower. The new tower the chairman tower is located a little far although I am entitled to stay in that tower because I am chairman member. Usually I get a suite with a separate bedroom but this trip I went myself so I didn't need it so I opted for just the regular room. It's always clean and neat great views great room service. I have a host named George he is terrific and will get me anything I ask him for. I would recommend the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Taj for my spring break, room 2122. Wednesday Thru Friday,The pool was closed, indefinitely according to check out person. Ice machine on my floor was broke. The room was good,but dusty. The staff was friendly, security guards do a fine job of filtering unwanted people. The buffet was expensive $77 for three people, not a lot of variety.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Chairman suites. It was a brand new room. But the rest of the hotel/casino is old and decadent. The smell of smoke is everywhere. I would have stayed at Ceasers instead, after visiting them later on. Asked for a room with a view, but they didn't give me.

• Stayed March 2013
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is the second time Ive stayed at Taj. Me and my husband liked it so much we decided to come back. We had a grand suite. Its like having your own apartment. Very very spacious and nice views. Its an older hotel so I dont expect brand new things and Im fine with that. Doesnt affect my trip. Room service food was good-ordered breakfast 3 times and the omelet was fantastic and wings. Great job chefs. Bed is comfy.
Now, with all that said, there was one issue. There are two bathrooms in this suite and on the second day here my husband used the second bathroom. He washed his face and reached for what he thought was a clean folded towel. When he opened it, it was covered in spats of blood. (Freaking Distgusting) I called management immediately and they sent housekeeping supervisor. She said maybe it was a room change since the blood looked pretty fresh! We'd been there for two days already!!??? She had robes sent to the room for us and new washcloths. I just feel something more could have been done. That was pretty damn disgusting.

Greenville, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We chose to come here to celebrate our 32nd anniversary. We imagined that it would be a first-class hotel since its owner wants a reputation of being able to run a business properly. We registered witha very good employee who made us feel welcome. It was all downhill from there. The room was missing many items--toiletries, coffees, paper, pens, stationery--but more importantly any information telling us about the hotel and casino. I called Guest Services and was told to put the TV on Channel 9. I called again with questions of things that weren't covered. It didn't make sense to have so many omissions. I left a tip for the housekeeper, written on an envelope since that's all there was in the room, and asked for some of the items I thought were missing. They appeared the next day (still no stationery). We asked the casino about a Rewards Club and found out that there was one (on our second day). No one cared that we were having an anniversary, but room service would have been nice. We went downstairs to Guest Relations, figuring that a personal talk might get better results. They were closed before 7:00 PM (and were not open before 9:00 AM either the next day). A hotel registry staff member looked for information for us, couldn't find it, and told us to just look at Channel 9 after we mentioned that there was no form or menu for room service in the room. We began seeing some Room Service tables in the hallway, so on our last night, after stopping at a carryout shop in the hotel, I called to ask how we were supposed to know what to order. I was put on hold for so long, I put it on speaker phone. Finally the staff member answered and told me that there should have been room service information in the room (I told her that I'd asked Guest Services about it 3 times!). She was willing to send it up with someone, but I told her that it was too late now. Sorry, she said. When we checked out, the staff member asked about our stay. When I told her that Housekeeping and Guest Services were poor, she said, "Sorry." I find it extremely interesting that someone whose motto is "You're fired" should have a place in his name where there is an apparent management problem. The hotel says that it is not associated with the casino (which is why they don't provide information). Guest services don't care about the customers. Housekeeping is not doing their job. In thinking about the hotel, I found a Hyatt a close match with better customer service. It's not even in the ballpark with Fairmont or Wyndom. We expected more and received a lot less than we had hoped. We do not recommend this place for anyone who wants to celebrate a special occasion. Thank goodness there are other nice places on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City! We particularly enjoyed The Continental and KWI restaurants by Caesars Palace (reviews will be written), and the casinos at Caesars andn Showboat, too. The casino at Trump was ok--the difference between it and the other two was that at Caesars and Showboat, you were welcomed by the staff who periodically asked how everything was. At Trump, when a machine said I needed an attendant, I waited for about 5 minutes before leaving to go to a station to tell someone that I needed an attendant, then waited for another 5 minutes, and finally another 5 minutes while she got the money since the machine was out of paper (as was the one next to it). Perhaps it's understaffed at Trump. I know it's mismanaged. We "fired" them from our future accommmodations--but, as we saw, they don't care anyway. Lest I forget--no internet, unless you want to pay extra...

Room Tip: They did give us an ocean view which was nice.
Brick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Trump Taj Mahal for the first time earlier this month. I had booked the room via their web site. Upon arrival, I was told by the front desk clerk that I had cancelled my reservation. After telling her multiple times that it was not the case, she finally noticed that another front desk clerk had cancelled my room, after checking in a customer with almost the same name from a different state. She then created a new reservation. Never once did she want to look at the confirmation I had in my email. We got a room and went about our adventure. In the morning, I went to check on the TV in the room and noticed that room was triple that price, than what I reserved on line. I went down to the front desk and met with what appeared to be a manger of some type. This manager was very helpful in fixing the reservation price after looking at my confirmation email. She was shocked and confused that entire situation happened at all. It seemed like the clerk from the day before was not up on how to handle things.

As for the rest of the hotel:

The room was amazing. We stayed in the Chairman tower. The room was very new looking and clean. The rest of the hotel and casino was very nice and enjoyable. The White House sub shop was a great stop.

All in all, except for the front desk, the trip was great.

Room Tip: Ask for the Chairman Tower.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Trump Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!