“nice clean rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

Save Saved
You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #11 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Westtown, New York
“nice clean rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room was very nice and the view was beautiful, but the service in the casino was atrocious. Getting a drink in the casino took forever and I had to eventually track them down and then he gets rude and very defensive with me and he didnt even have my beverage! The restaurants in the hotel was expensive except for Panda ( good prices). When I checked out, the staff did not ask me how my stay was. The pool was closed and they charge you $20 a day for the fitness center!! Ridiculous, it should be free with your hotel stay.

Room Tip: chairman tower is much nicer!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

1,714 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Arrived for a meeting & had decided NOT to use valet parking...was told that cars couldn't be park in front of hotel to self unload. My husband asked surely, they've encountered this before...was told reluctantly to move car to side of hotel...My husband then went in to register (a very, very long counter, but only one person at desk...took him about 1/2 hour...we then proceeded to unload car & went over too get baggage trolley, but doorman came over & told us since we weren't using valet parking, were were NOT allowed to use the cart!!!!
Room had wifi, but at $15/day per electronic device; fitness room $20/day...when we went to check out, conference rate was $80/night, but on bill with their extra charges room came upp to around $105.....on top of everything all major roads to Atlantic City: toll roads; city itself rundown, as with infamous Boardwalk...needless to say, I would not go back to visit or even for a conference.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We decided to visit Atlantic CIty for spring break and decided on the Trump Taj Mahal in the Chairman Tower. There was no problem at check in but it was only then when we found out that the indoor pool was closed. When asked if we could get compensated for this, as a huge portion of our decision to stay at the Taj was for the pool, we were flatly told no. We had booked in early January and were never advised.

Our room itself was large and spacious. The queen beds very comfortable. The bathroom was nice and large but most importantly everything was spotless. Our maid did a terrific job and supplied whatever amenities we were running low on and vacuuming was done daily.

We were somewhat disappointed that there wasn't too much opened on the boardwalk in the evening. I don't know what was opened during the day as we were busy shopping and driving around the area.

I would recommend the Taj to others even though it is somewhat of a walk to the centre of the action on the boardwalk. I do think however that some sort of compensation should have been given for the pool closing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hoboken, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in town for a work event from Friday until Sunday and booked on hotels.com and was able to get a rate that was a little less than what the hotel website offered. I believe it was around $180 for Friday night and then in the $250 range for Saturday night. I had read that the Chairman's Tower was nicer than just the normal Taj Tower, so I asked about it at check-in. The woman at the front desk told me it would cost an additional $20 per night which I turned down. However, upon check-in to my original room on the 19th floor, I found it freezing. I checked the thermostat and it was on air conditioning below 60 degrees! Keep in mind, it is early March and snowing outside! I immediately turned on the heat and increased the temperature to 70+ and went out to grab lunch. When I came back the room was still freezing. I called down to Guest Services and explained the situation and some how got an upgrade to the Chairman's Tower at no additional cost. My new room was on the 73rd floor with a city view. It appears that the main difference between the rooms is the renovations. The room in the Taj Tower was dated - imagine something about of the 80's and the hallways were as well. The Chairman's Tower - albeit a much further walk from the elevators is more modern and spacious. However, I think there is an overall cleanliness problem in this hotel. Both rooms, you could tell that it was not cleaned with the level of care as a 4 or 5 star property and for how much I was paying for Saturday night during the off season, I would expect a little more care. It may actually be worth the $20 extra per night for the Chairman's Tower but honestly if you can get it for free that is even better!

On to the restaurants, we ate at the Panda Express, Whitehouse Subs, and Starbucks for quick dining and they were all over priced in comparison to NYC prices. The buffet is not worth it - options are limited and the restaurant has an overall dated feel. On our trip, we made our way over to some of the other hotels along the Boardwalk and found Revel to be one of the nicest inside with a good variety of restaurants, but cannot speak for the rooms.

Overall, the Trump Taj Mahal is dated and there are probably better places to stay in Atlantic City for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

#1 Everything smells of smoke. although they have signs that read no smoking, people still smoke everywhere. the hallways even on our floor, floor 43 smelled of smoke. And the other room we got was in floor 21 and that too smelled. i woke up the first night, horse. my throat was in pain from inhaling all the smoke in the air while being in the hotel and even in my room. AND IM NOT A SMOKER so this really bothered me. you can't escape it!!

#2 The walls are paper thin, i get it, people are there to party but when the room next to you starts partying at 6pm until 3am its annoying. we called and even visted the front desk bc of this issue and they said they would send someone up. i doubt they did since we never heard someone come speak to them, and again the walls are paper thin.

#3 the entire place is in need of a facelift. I know why Donald Trump sold it, bc its a piece. The rugs and carpets are dirty, the walls in the casino look unclean. I'm glad the rooms were at least clean "looking".

Overall i would not go back~! Nor do i recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Room was ok, but the casino itself left a lot to be desired. Getting a drink in the casino was like pulling teeth. I played for an hour and half before I was finally able to flag down a server near me. The dining in the hotel was very high. When I checked out, the staff did not ask me how my stay was. To boot, the pool was closed and I had to pay to park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
South Salem, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit nervous about returning to the Taj, after reading some negative reviews. When we checked in on Sunday afternoon, there was no line at all. Registration clerk was very pleasant. Got a King suite in the Chairman tower- huge, clean and comfy. My husband appreciated the Jacuzzi tub. The room did have some dings on the furniture, but that was about the only negative part of the room. Casino is very smoky, and I found it hard to find my way around. Table limits seemed high, even for Sunday and Monday. Didn't play at the Taj much, so can't comment on such things as cocktail waitress service. Had breakfast one morning at Plate- service a little uneven, but food was good. So, I have to say that our stay was better than expected!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!