“Good for an Atlantic City Casino Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good for an Atlantic City Casino Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is my first stay at the Trump Taj Mahal. I stayed in the newer Chairman's Tower. I read a few of the reviews on here - and I think some guests have too high expectations. This is the Jersey Shore! But I found the hotel to be very good. It's a casino, so of course you're going to have your share of peculiar guests, lots of alcohol, smoking, etc. What do you expect? The rooms are spacious and the views spectacular. My room was a bit worn but this hotel gets heavy usage so to be expected. Room was spotless. The beds were great. Large TV. Huge bathroom. The staff was not warm and fuzzy but they were professional (again, this is New Jersey, not South Carolina). The decor is gaudy but in typical Trump fashion. My food was good. I've not stayed at any other casino hotels in Atlantic City but I doubt you can do much better, especially for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank BeMySamaritan

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I came to AC for business and Stayed at Trump Taj Mahal for 4 days. The hotel itself is very dark and feels estranged when you get in.
Service level was rather unpleasant, The staff is very serious and couldn't get a smile from any of them when i approached them. Don't know why.

Rooms are clean, spacious and very lucrative, but the overall feeling was not welcoming.
The food they serve either at Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner was by far less then expected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elad T
Portsmouth, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We visited this facility January 30 thru February 1. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Two adjacent hotels are available thru inside passageways making visits to other casinos convenient in bad weather. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the food service. The resturants were often closed, food average, and prices high.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank William T
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were in the tower in a king room. Had a beautiful view of the ocean! We were however dissapointed in the food service...overpriced and not very good quality. "KIDS" working at the "chinese place" were too busy on their cell phones to take care of custot mers. A long way to walk for me with no offer of help...on my own while my husband parked the car. I am a Hospice patient & was carrying bags and had O2 on my back and walked with a cane...an OFFER of assistance would have been NICE!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the ocean!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed June 25th-27th. First time back at the Taj in 6 years and the new tower is great. Stayed in a Tower King bedroom on the 90th flr. Had great views of the beach, Revel, and all the way across to the Marina district (Our room has located right at the apex of the building). For such a great room, I was disappointed in how dusty it was. When I was doing my thorough BBug inspection, the amount of dust around both nightstands was unbelievable. I do not think they are EVER moved and vacuumed around. Has to be years of build up. This place would be TOP NOTCH if they could take care of housekeeping issues. Beautiful, large bathroom, nice size flatscreen. Little peeve: there was only one very tiny trashcan in the entire room. Not even one in the bathroom. Drove me crazy. Saw some reviews about how much walking there is, but its not too bad and is expected for these huge casino's. Your large Vegas casinos are the same way. Love the layout of this resort, I find it very easy to get around and well signed. Easy walk to Revel from here. You can stay indoors to the Showboat- they are connected- and then leave out their Boardwalk entrance and its a short walk- I did it in 15 degrees with a light sweater :)

Casino was ok. Ego Bar Almost Angels show every Friday and Saturday was great. Table games have high minimums at the Taj. Saw much lower at the Showboat (even right in the House of Blues bar/band section). Slots were tight, so I guess that has not changed over the years.

Ate two great meals at Plate- dinner and breakfast. Both were awesome. Also had a great sub at the Whitehouse sub shop that we got at 3 AM and took back to the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bellePA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently enjoyed a night in a Grand Suite in the Taj Mahal. It was very nice, but outdated. We didn't have to leave the hotel for the entire stay as everything we needed was on site. The staff was helpful. The breakfast buffet however, was terrible. It was overpriced and under stocked. And what they did have was not good. We had three people in our room and there were no linens whatsoever for the pullout sofa or pillows. Otherwise, it was at a great location and I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was looking for a romantic night in Atlantic City and really wanted a suite with a 2 person jacuzzi. I normally stay at Borgata but thought I would try something different, wow what a mistake. I booked the grandview suite and called and also emailed to confirm the room I was booking was recently updated and included the jacuzzi. Both replies confirmed my request. When I arrived at the casino and checked into my room not only was the room old and dirty but there was no jacuzzi in the bedroom. The room stunk like rotten food and truly ruined my entire idea of a romantic night. Needless to say I will never recommend nor stay at the Trump Taj Mahal ever again. Complete waste of money! I made every attempt to confirm my room would be the one I booked and sure enough i was lied to. I rate this hotel a big F!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple