“Problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
“Problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed in the a king room in the Chairman's Tower. It was ok and had a decent ocean view but couldn't compare to rooms in other casino hotels around the country in which we have stayed. More just like a nice motel room. Long walk to the casino and restaurants. When I went to pay at the valet parking counter the two employees couldn't have cared less about me and just went on grumbling to each other about their work conditions. Considering that the hotel was probably not half full (this was just two weeks after Sandy) one would have expected some "perks" of gratitude but ZIP! Would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Somerville, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had tickets to a concert at House of Blues Atlantic City. My husband and I booked a room at Trump Taj Majal (though Expedia) to stay after the show. House of Blues moved the show to another date, but never told us. We only found out because we happened to check the website 2 days before the show. I reached out to Expedia to change the reservation, and they informed me that hotel policy was that they would charge you the FULL PRICE if the room to change your reservation less than 48 hours in advance (I called 6 p.m. two days ahead, but I would have had to call before 4 p.m. to avoid a penalty). When Expedia tried to reach management at the hotel, they were conveniently gone for the day. Expedia told me to call back in the morning and they would try to negotiate on my behalf. I did this and Taj Majal wouldn't budge. So, I paid them for a room that I can't use because they couldn't be flexible. What happened with House of Blues did was not under my control (and I have other issues with them, but that is for another post). Trump Taj Majall could have easily had my business for another night, but they won't get my business--or the business of any of my friends--ever. Too bad, since we live in NJ and would have been repeat visitors had this stay gone well.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mass
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at the Taj at least once a year for the past 10-15 years. We usually stay a minimum of 3 nights each time and have really had no major complaints over that time. We really like the mid-priced restaurants, particularly “Burger” and “The Plate” and enjoy the convenience of having them in the hotel.

However, things were different most recently. We would like to express our dissatisfaction from our most recent 3-night stay from 11/18/12 thru 11/20/12. The entire time we were there, both restaurants noted above, were constantly closed. We are not big on “Hard Rock” and buffets and most of the other restaurants are too high scale for us.

Therefore, we found ourselves eating breakfast each morning at Showboat along with a couple of the other meals during our stay. We forced ourselves into eating at the Taj buffet one time, which was really a so, so experience. Showboats buffet was better.

We will be back to Atlantic City again but it really makes us think twice about staying at the Taj again.

Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Taj for 2 days and was completely disappointed in the overall experience because of the lack of basic upkeep/ maintenance, inattention to details, mediocre customer service and lax cleanliness standards. Here are a few of the issues we encountered:
- First, the website adveritises the Grand suites have King sized beds which they do not.
- we are arrived around 1am and our first room was filthy, the jacuzi produced brown water, there were holes in the walls, the couch was dirty (to their credit, another room was located for us quickly)
- we had to lug our suitcases back to the lobby to get the new set of keys. No one offered to bring us new keys or transfer us to our new room.
- the second room was better but has seen better days, cracks in the shower vanitys, water damage in the shower, several lights didnt work, there was 1/4 in of dust in the closet, tv reception was fuzzy on 1/2 of the channels.
- when our room was cleaned, several of our personal toiletry items were discarded by the staff. The Taj staff brought new items but good hotels resplenish things like shower caps and soap and don't remove guests personal items.
- breakfast was a average but it felt like we were at dennys or ihop instead of a 3 or 4 star hotel. A least 3 plates were dropped but the staff during our meal and we had to ask for a spoon for my wife to stir her coffee.

Maybe the Chairman's tower is better but it's hard to imagine that the upkeep and customer service would be much different.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Rooms here are recently renovated and very nice. The prices were really high. The VIP club here is a waste of time. Everything requires long lines at the rewards desk. The kiosks never work. If you lose your card or forget it at home - forget it. You have to talk to the dungeon master in the poker room. She's rude and mean. There's a food court and a few restaurants which are nice here. Lots of games - high limits though. On a weekend not much lower than a $50 minimum. The Center bar is great - they have good music, all the sports games are on multiple tvs, table games in the bar and live music - fun bar! Stay here for sure it you can get a deal on the room rate.

• Stayed December 2011
Burtonsville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

First of all, there was a misunderstanding about the tower I had reserved a suite in. I was under the impression that I had booked a suite in the Chairman Tower, but it turned out that I had booked in the Taj Tower, which seems to be much older and not as nice/clean. The booking says: "The Trump Taj Mahal Casino featuring Chairman Tower", but that does not mean that your room/suite will be in the Chairman Tower. So, I got this clarified, and got my key to the suite in the Taj Tower. We go up and into the suite, and it turned out that it was not cleaned yet. I called the desk; they told me to come back down to get another room. No apology was given, and instead, I got an explanation that her computer indicated that the room was cleaned and ready for new occupants. I was given another suite. I went to my "new" suite, and, although, it appeared to have been cleaned, it just did not look appealing. The layout was nice and spacious, two bathrooms, three sinks, separate bedroom with TV, dining room, and living room with TV. But, the furniture was very unattractive, and uncomfortable. Besides, the sofa looked dirty and had stains, as well did the carpet. We were also very disappointed with the quality of service from the staff. Staff were not friendly, and really seemed to care less about customer service. It was hard to find a staff member that was friendly and able to spare a smile. I have stayed in many hotels/resorts all over the world, and unfortunately, this was one of my worst experiences. My reason for being there was mainly to see the Olivia Newton John concert and have some excitement in the Casino for our 30th wedding anniversary. We had a great time at the concert; Olivia is still great. We also had fun in the Casino, and actually won a little bit of money (but not enough to make up for what we paid for the suite). All in all, we had a good time, but were very disappointed with the suite and quality of service. PS: the one place with friendly people and great customer service was at the Panda Express food counter...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!