“It was a nice hotel experience!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
NJ
“It was a nice hotel experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed in the Chairmans Tower, which I hear is much better than the Standard room. The room was nice and the bathroom and shower was even nicer. We stayed the weekend for a show and we enjoyed the spa and the onsite stores. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I visited Atlantic City for a work convention. I have to say that I was very disappointed with this property. Its out dated, the escalators did not work half the time. Had burned out lights all around the board walk & the front of the hotel. Areas of this hotel smelled of urine. The carpets in some of the areas not affected by the storm were sticky & stained. Just plain horrible. The halls were dark & not very well lit. One would think a man like Donald Trump who prides himself as a perfectionist would have this building up to date. Needs a major face lift! Note: Some areas were affected by hurricane Sandy, but this was not in the back part of the hotel facing the ocean. This was the front part, main lobby areas & ballrooms. Absolute mess! Never again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Checked in mid- Nov and disappointed it hasn’t improved over the years, it appears not much about AC did. I visited for a convention and spent 2 nights. The Italian bistro was awesome for dinner but my room was not cleaned and had cigarette smoke entering thru the vents. Not to mention you have to be near the casino to eat or go anywhere so my clothes smelled like smoke. My big complaint is the long walk around the Taj. I would not recommend it for elderly. I parked in the garage and walked 10 minutes to the desk and 10 minutes to my room. Upon check out they tell me they don’t use email so they will mail me a copy of my bill. That’s pathetic! I haven’t heard of such a thing in this age. They have my email, why not send it! The soaps and shampoo in room were nice. It’s dirty in many places and shows its age. Due to the storm the boardwalk was ugly but they did not have to leave bottles and trash laying out. My room service order was cold after nearly an hour to deliver. They would not discount because I ate it due to waiting so long. The TV selection was very poor. The shower and bath was nice and the bed is comfy.

Room Tip: make sure you dont get chairman tower if you dont like the very long walks
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I visit Atlantic City every few months. I always stay at the Taj.
I love their pool.
The shops on the second floor have a really decent variety of merchandise.
The food at the Sultan's buffet is okay-but nothing special,just typical buffet fare.
The Chairman Club has a small but nice variety of food-plus cozy atmosphere-and a bar.
The rooms are clean and bright.
The suites, however,are "dated" and are in much need of a make-over.So if you do not need 2 bathrooms and a table and chairs set, stick with a normal room.
There is a large variety of machines,and large sections of non-smoking areas.
It is a comfortable place to stay and play.

Room Tip: Pick a room and NOT a suite. The higher the room, the less water pressure in the showers.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I come down to Atlantic City often for friends birthdays and bachelor parties! This was my first time stating at the Taj Mahal and IT WILL DEF BE MY LAST. In the hotels defense, my visit was only two weeks after the hurricane. When I booked the room ( $200 on fri $260 for sat) I was assured the hotel was fully operational and everything was open for business. That was not the case! The hotel is ghost town. No young people only seedy gambling types ( sorry but it's true). Most bars and clubs were closed and the ones that were open were empty. The staff was rude and when I approached them about my stay they said sorry and gave me a screw off impression. I understand the hurricane did a lot of damage to the area, but they should be giving some incentive and deals to the people that are here. I couldn't even get free WIFI!

• Stayed November 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We visited this hotel in January with a Living Social voucher. The price was paid was a great value for what we got. We stayed in the newly renovated Chairman Tower. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was huge with double sinks and a great shower. The water pressure was excellent.
The room was spacious and extremely clean. We had a wonderful view of the Atlantic Ocean as well.

I would definitely return to the Taj Mahal!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in a suite whcih was very nice and roomy. We specifically wanted a balcony but upon arrival found out that they are all locked with no access. The casino was nice but at the bar drinks were expensive. We walked to the Showboat next door. More friendly and drinks were free if you were playing the card machines. We like it but it was pricey. Very clean and roomy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!