I've been to the Trop 3 times (staying twice.. once on my 22nd birthday last Nov and once this past May for my girlfriend's 21st birthday). Both times, I enjoyed myself alot. The room I had a few months ago was just the standard room; nothing special, had a TV, 2 beds, and a view of a parking garage. Everything was clean and we had no issues with the room.
The lobby at the Trop is beautiful; everything is decorated in a very Tropical/ / Cuban theme. Lots of bright colors, and the Quarter is probably the best part. The quarter is the mini city within the Trop, complete with stores, clubs, restaurants, etc. It even has an Imax theater, although I haven't gotten the chance to go yet, although I did go to the Hooters... good wings ;)
The floor itself is okay; alot of slots and table games, and the table games are sorta just lumped together in one big open space. Some of the other casinos I've gone to have had better layouts, but it's nothing terrible.
On my most recent stay, I was able to get a room in the newer Havana Tower. It was a bigger room, and overall nicer than the 1st room I had stayed in. Best of all, the rates for the Trop are usually significantly lower ($40-$50 / night) than any of the other Casinos.
I don't have anything particularly bad to say about the Trop; if anything, it was a bummer that the club on the 2nd floor closed early on a Fri night (it was only about 2-230 and they stopped letting people in). Other than that, the Trop is a fun place to visit and stay in AC
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you prefer the peaceful serenity of an oceanfront view or the sheer excitement of hitting that winning number, a world-class experience awaits you at the Tropicana, Atlantic Citys entertainment destination. Known for the Luckiest Casino according to Casino Player Magazine, the Tropicana definitely delivers in gaming excitement. The hotels recent expansion includes more than 500 new luxury rooms and suites for a total of more than 2,100making the Tropicana New Jerseys largest hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Tropicana Casino and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel Atlantic City
- Resort Atlantic City
- Tropicana Resort Atlantic City
- Tropicana Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Tropicana