“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Casino and Resort

Save Saved
You added Tropicana Casino and Resort to your Saves list
Tropicana Casino and Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   S. Brighton Avenue and the Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
Warm Springs, Oregon
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The overall facilities are nice with a lot of amenities located on site. The facilities’ location on the beach is nice in that it is next to the last casino at the southern end of the board walk. The rooms were average and spartanly furnished, the only complain was the floor we stayed on smelled of stagnate water. The check-in desk is a bit of a walk to the elevators to the rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north have a view of the other casinos on the boardwalk.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
  • Turkish first
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 free nights on May 2nd and May 3rd.No complaints about our room in the South tower,6th floor.No view what so ever,but didn't bother me cause I go there to relax for a couple of days and of course to gamble,which is my way to relax.Casino was dead on Thursday but Friday it was jam packed with the party goers.The main parking garage was closed due to repairs so it really stunk to have to park in the Havana garage to get all the way to the South tower with our luggage.Broadwalk pizza is closed down due to remodeling and that we really missed as we love their pizza.No problem with the smoking areas in the casino,I'm a smoker and I wish that there were more smoking areas.I will not smoke where I am not suppose to but I think it is so wrong for a non smoker to come and sit next to me where I am playing and ask me to put out my cigarette,sorry but I am in the smoking area so if you see me smoking please just go in your non smoking area....So the room was clean,the slot machines were in my favor ,received our free blender and jewelry,and just wished that they would of comped us a room for Saturday night,as I wasen't going to pay $250.00 for one night.So all in all we had a fun 2 days and nights....

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side were not noisy at all,very quiet.
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a grand time in tropicana-right fr arriving @ the hotel premises-which has a Greyhound bus stop,to the casino & the beautiful shopping arcade-all in one place.Also opens directly into Broadwalk-on Atlantic ocean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Iselin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

For the last 15 years my husband and I have been visiting Atlantic City two or three times a year. Most of the time we stay at the Trop. On our arrival the front desk (Annie) was very helpful in meeting our accommodations however we had to wait over an hour for the room to be ready. No problem, we just brought our bags to the bell hop. Finally the room was ready and the bell hop met us at the room with our luggage. Well the room certainly wasn't worth an hour or so wait. When we walked in the room must have been at least a 100 degrees. Walt, the bell hop saw our displeasure and called the front desk requesting another room. Surprisingly they had another room meeting our specification ready immediately. Walt went out of his way to help us. Seeing that my husband had an obvious disability, he not only got us another room but also walked down to the front desk and picked up the key for our new room. I must say we walked in the new room and the accommodations were incredible. In all our years of visiting the Trop we have never encounter a more helpful employee who truly cared about the guests.
Thank you Walt....you are a credit to the Tropicana and because of you my husband and I had a wonderful experience.
On the down side my husband and I were there to celebrate my birthday and our 32 anniversary. We wanted to eat at the Fin but they were closed. They next day we tried to get reservations and they were booked until 9:30 p.m. Much to late for us to eat. We finally decided to eat at the Palm which was nice but VERY expensive. On many of our mid week visits it seems like the upscale restaurants are closed and sometimes we are forced to eat at restaurants outside of the Trop. Gambling at the Trop is never productive. In all our visits I think we won once. I don't have that problem at the other casino's.
Regardless the Trop is our favorite hotel in AC because of the many shops and the wonderful, helpful staff....Thanks again Walt! It's because of employees like you that we keep coming back!
Judy Leidner

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Casino and Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for your feedback.

We are so happy to hear that Tropicana is your Number One Choice in Atlantic City.

Thanks so much for your positive comments about our hotel and specifically the service you received from Walt.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you DO AC.

David B.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean and comfortable room at the Havana Tower with a great view of the ocean and town.
The choice of restaurants within is very good, we enjoy Carmine's and Cuba Libre for their
food, ambiance and conveniently located within The Quarter. Have stayed several times over
five years.

Room Tip: Try for room at The Havana Tower in the range of 6601-6612
Osseo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

all the reviews about the rooms being a dump, are true...
the quarter is beautiful... and very nice location to the beach...
I stayed for business, asked to be in a newer more updated room based on the review here... I told them I woudl even pay more... they said your room is in the nicer, more updated tower... the Havana tower...although when I called I am sure they said the south tower... anyway... they told me not to worry... the room was an updated one...
Get to the room, and the floor looks like carpet from a 1960's puke fest....
it was dirty and disgusting.... the beds were rock hard.. and terrible pillows, tru to all the other reviews, the tv was an old box tv on a chipped up and broken stand....
Had I not carried a ton of stuff to the room for a week long stay, I would have made them move me... but to where I am not sure, as they told me it WAS the updated rooms... Sure hate to see the ones NOT updated... I did stop by the front desk to complain, and they sadi for only $30 you can upgrade... well, I asked for that "upgrade" when I reserved and checked in, and I was told I woudnt need it... now I have all my crap unloaded and its magically available...
I only paid the $75 "meeting rate", had I paid the $200 rate it shows for those nights... I woudl have been LIVID..... the quarter is beautiful, but the rooms suck... if you are going to gamble all the time, and get a cheap rate... go for it... .but if not.. .move on....

Room Tip: be prepared to ask for a new room.,....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Quarter with it's many shopping, dinning and nightlife options in addition to our beachfront location.

We are sorry about the disappointment you experienced with your Havana Tower room.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your review.

David B.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a great time at this property. Went to do some shopping and relax with my family. We all liked the location and there are plenty of things to do in the hotel. We decided to go to the club to dance and we had a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tropicana Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!