“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Casino and Resort

You added Tropicana Casino and Resort to your Saves list
Tropicana Casino and Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   S. Brighton Avenue and the Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Frankly, I don't understand all the negative reviews. My sister and I just returned from a lovely 3 days at the Tropicana. We were on the 11th floor of the south tower and had a nice view of the beach. Our beds were comfortable, and the room and bathroom were very clean. To those reviewers who complained of outdated or chipped furniture, yes, that is true. But this is not my home. It's a hotel and I don't expect them to update every few weeks so that the rooms look new and unused. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people pass through these rooms and so some damage has to be expected.

The bathroom was spotlessly clean and it was modern with a large glass shower. It also had a granite counter top, not that I consider that of any importance...but apparently some people do. Water pressure in the shower was certainly adequate.

No complaints about the hotel personnel. Everyone was more than friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was excellent. Our room was done up every morning on time.

I've eaten in a couple of the hotel restaurants, once on this trip and once on another vacation. The food was really good both times, and the prices were quite reasonable. The hotel is HUGE, so getting from one area to another can be quite a hike, but even at my advanced age (70), I managed. Best idea is to plot out where you are and where you want to go. Then ask a hotel staff member for the best route. They are very helpful.

The pool was clean and I really did enjoy the little hot tub on the side. The casino is vast, which is to be expected. They have both smoking and non-smoking areas, so you can choose whichever you prefer. I also found several $5 minimum blackjack tables which was great because I love to play, but don't want to lose a lot of money doing it.

This is not a five-star luxury hotel. If that's what you want, you're in the wrong place. But it's a great place to spend a nice little mini-vacation. I'll be back.

Room Tip: When you check in, just as for one of the more recently updated rooms. And as with any service orga...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (825)
  • Turkish first
Sound Beach, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Here's a review about someone who scouted locations and hotels for years! The Tropicana not only is the filthiest hotel I ever stayed at, stains on the carpets, bedspeads & chairs in room. Not only was the staff extremely rude, the phone was broken, the sheets had someone's else's hair jet black, mine is blonde and my boyfriend is bald? Gross..to top it all off, when we left & returned home to find they charged us a $40.00 damage to the room charge? How desperate are they did they need to clean the carpets and stains and expect us to pay for their filthy room. Stay far away...NEVER AGAIN....NEVER...the food in the restaurants were gross! Save your money...go to Vegas....oh yeah we ordered room service a pot of tea and it took over an hour to get?

Room Tip: Book anywhere but the TROPICANA
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Delmar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rooms were disgusting, this visit I stayed in the south tower. My first room was 1669 a mini sweet and it was absolutely filthy! I called front desk and they gave me another room #1969 same layout and only somewhat better. Windows dirty, outdated chipped and dirty furniture. Carpet dirty stained and torn, Mini fridge so noisy it had to be turned off! I have stayed at the Trop at least 20 times over the years and have to say that the Trop has gone way down, it seems that they are now looking for the party crowd as they are opening a new nightclub aimed at the 21-31 audience. They market “bachelor and bachorlett” parties and have reduced the size of the table game area. Dealers are not friendly at all. All table games start at $10.00 and up. Even though my room was comped (free)it was not worth it! I would never stay there again which is sad being that it was my go to place in AC. For so many years.

Room Tip: For a outstanding room tay at the Revel and you wont be disapointed!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Casino and Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with your room and the service you received. What you describe is not the norm at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. Please accept our apology for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thank you for the comments. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you the next time you visit AC.

Sincerely, David B.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband is a gambler and we try to visit as much as possible. There are times we go just to get away and sometimes for gambling. Tropicana has been amazing to us. They are constantly sending us promotions and always treating us great. Even when we were out of compensations they still accommodated us. The food is great, the service is great. The rooms are very clean and up to date. I recommend staying there anytime. During the summer the location is great right on the boardwalk. Very accessible. We love it!

• Stayed January 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you're going to Atlantic City, this is as good a place as any to stay. It's big and loud and tacky. On the plus side, once you park your car, you never have to leave the place, which is the idea. The room was fine - very average. It's just so huge! It was difficult to even find the exit to get to the boardwalk! Ate at Carmine's, which wasn't bad. Good casino, which is the main attraction. Shopping not bad either. I just wasn't very impressed with the hotel. Nothing really bad to say about it, just average.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

There are 4 towers of that property, only 1 tower overlooks the boardwalk if you would care for a nice view, ask for the South Tower. The pool is there too, on the 6th floor ( closed at 6PM). The fitness room has a surcharge of $10, parking $10 for members and $15 for everybody else, you pay when you are leaving ( if you stay for 3 days and do not use your car, only for coming and going back after 3 days stay you still pay $10 or $15 when you leave). Our room was nice, coner room on 35th floor in the West Tower, with two big windows, one overlooking the city, another toward the ocean. Floor count starts at 30(!) at West Tower, so our real high was like 9th-10th Floor. Be avare of that, too. Overall, nice experience.

Room Tip: Corner room is better but no coffee table or desk or anything to put you laptop or food or bottle of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room was disgusting and management is useless! Be careful as they have no concern for their customers. They are changing their image as they are more focused on the party scene of "the quarters". My room was dirty and disgusting. Also, when checking in with three adults I was told there was only rooms with a king bed available. They said, "two queen beds is only a request". Really? A reservation for three adults and two beds is a request? This is not a place you want to waste your money in.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Sincerely, David B.

Been to Tropicana Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!