Frankly, I don't understand all the negative reviews. My sister and I just returned from a lovely 3 days at the Tropicana. We were on the 11th floor of the south tower and had a nice view of the beach. Our beds were comfortable, and the room and bathroom were very clean. To those reviewers who complained of outdated or chipped furniture, yes, that is true. But this is not my home. It's a hotel and I don't expect them to update every few weeks so that the rooms look new and unused. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people pass through these rooms and so some damage has to be expected.
The bathroom was spotlessly clean and it was modern with a large glass shower. It also had a granite counter top, not that I consider that of any importance...but apparently some people do. Water pressure in the shower was certainly adequate.
No complaints about the hotel personnel. Everyone was more than friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was excellent. Our room was done up every morning on time.
I've eaten in a couple of the hotel restaurants, once on this trip and once on another vacation. The food was really good both times, and the prices were quite reasonable. The hotel is HUGE, so getting from one area to another can be quite a hike, but even at my advanced age (70), I managed. Best idea is to plot out where you are and where you want to go. Then ask a hotel staff member for the best route. They are very helpful.
The pool was clean and I really did enjoy the little hot tub on the side. The casino is vast, which is to be expected. They have both smoking and non-smoking areas, so you can choose whichever you prefer. I also found several $5 minimum blackjack tables which was great because I love to play, but don't want to lose a lot of money doing it.
This is not a five-star luxury hotel. If that's what you want, you're in the wrong place. But it's a great place to spend a nice little mini-vacation. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you prefer the peaceful serenity of an oceanfront view or the sheer excitement of hitting that winning number, a world-class experience awaits you at the Tropicana, Atlantic Citys entertainment destination. Known for the Luckiest Casino according to Casino Player Magazine, the Tropicana definitely delivers in gaming excitement. The hotels recent expansion includes more than 500 new luxury rooms and suites for a total of more than 2,100making the Tropicana New Jerseys largest hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tropicana Casino and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel Atlantic City
- Resort Atlantic City
- Tropicana Resort Atlantic City
- Tropicana Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Tropicana