“Nice Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Casino and Resort

Save Saved
You added Tropicana Casino and Resort to your Saves list
Tropicana Casino and Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   S. Brighton Avenue and the Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Nice Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went up for a weekend solo, and enjoyed myself. The room was clean, and I thought for the money (while not Vegas), it offered a nice variety of shops and clubs, so I did not need to travel elsewhere. They also had about a 50/50 split in smoking and non smoking in the casino. There was a large crowd to enjoy of all types, and the music was good, and the drink's were not too bad( House red even okay). I will definately go back, and use it as a weekend getaway. It is a 6 hour drive for me, but nice, fun, and a good value. The $10.95 burger at 1 am is killer on the room serivice menu, and actually cooked to order. The people in the hall are a little noisy, so go for the end of the hall if you can get it. I was on the 48th floor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

While searching for hotels in Atlantic City for a business trip, I look for price and internet access. Tropicana met both requirements and my wife and I spent the weekend here. The hotel and casino were great. My wife was impressed by the shops available and the restaurants we ate in were pretty darn good. The room however was not impressive. Like many other reviewer said, they are outdated and old. This is the first hotel we have stayed in in a long time that had the old box style TV's and not a flat screen. Our room was right next to an elevator so we were awakened frequently by the loud drunks heading back to there rooms, which some didn't make it! :-) And of course the walls were paper thin and you could here everthything. It did meet my requirements though; the price was right and the internet was free. If you can deal with the room issues, its really a nice place!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Casino and Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Quarter with its many restaurant and shopping options.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with your room. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team.

Thanks again for the review, we hope that you give us another opportunity to host you the next time you visit AC.

Sincerely, David B.
Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here with my boyfriend for the last 3 years for a trade show he goes to for his business. The rooms are clean and a good size. Customer service has been excellent any time we needed it. The casino is getting a little tired looking. I was disappointed this year because my favorite shop in the Quarter was gone, and they are replacing it with something new, a candy store. The restaurants are nice. We ate at the sports bar upstairs. The guys from the show loved it, they serve $5 40oz beers. We also ate at the Irish pub, the food there was very good, we both ate the prime rib. The spa is wonderful. Overall a good value for the money. The location is nice, you can walk to many other casinos.

• Stayed November 2012
Hazlet
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Tropicana spent a huge amount of money remodeling the Quarters. Upscale restaurants, shops, and night clubs. However, this is all for show. If you actually stay at the hotel you will be more than disappointed. The rooms are old and dirty. They are a throwback from the 80's which I believe the lat time the bedspreads were changed. The bathroom was also dirty and the tub tiles chipped and falling off. We laughed this all off and never complained. However during the night things got scary. We had people banging on our door and the external walls. They were screaming in the hall ways. We called the front desk but they never arrived. This went on from 12:00am to 6:00am. I was with my children and was frieghtened. When I checked out at the front desk and told them this, they just kind of gave me a blank stare. Stay away form the Tropicana!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Casino and Resort, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share how your recent stay with us was.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with your room and the service you received at Tropicana.

What you describe is not the normal standard at the Tropicana. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you encountered

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Thanks again for the review. We hope that you will give us another chance to host you the next time you visit Atlantic City.

Best Wishes, David B.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Tropicana has fun for any age. We are Seniors and we love to stay at this casino. We have stayed in the Havana Tower many times. We cannot wait to be invited back with the comp rooms offered. We also were invited to a Slot Tournament. The choice of restaurants is wonderful. So glad this casino is up and running after Hurricane Sandy.

Room Tip: Higher Floors away from the Elevators
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Tropicana provided the worst customer service experience my girlfriend and I have ever had. The hotel is staffed by the absolute dregs of the service industry recruitment pool; politeness and manners are thrown out the window. The only advice I can offer to anyone who's unfortunate enough to currently be putting up with the dour, rude, humourless cretins working at this hotel is :
Pack your bags,
And leave tonight.
Don't take your time.

Room Tip: Choose the Caesar's or Bally's over the Tropicana.. far superior customer service. Staff in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are sorry to hear how disappointed you were with the service you received during your stay.

What you describe is not the normal standard at the Tropicana.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have passed your review on to on to our Senior Management Team for resolution.

Once again, thanks for your review.

Sincerely, David B.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

There's a lot to do here at trop with a lot of restaurants and shopping in The Quarter. Room prices are actually really good during the weekdays. The rooms are clean and the hotelstaff are very polite and and accommodating to any needs. I stayed in the Havana Tower which is the new and renovated building. The rooms are more modern have had better upkeep. When booking the room, ask to be put here. It is a first come first serve so you usually have to check in early on days they are busy.

Also, there was no Wifi in our room. I believe there is no wifi in any of the guest rooms.

Buildings to avoid here are the North and South Tower. These sections of the hotel are really old and haven't been renovated.

The hotel also has a resort fee which can run anywhere from 10-20 per day depending on the day of the week.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Tropicana Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!