“Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Casino and Resort

Save Saved
You added Tropicana Casino and Resort to your Saves list
Tropicana Casino and Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   S. Brighton Avenue and the Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #14 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Fabulous!!! More children activities preferred.
The sites and overall ambiance of the resort is appealing and cozy.
The staff are friendly and provided customer services worthwhile. Overall experience is very very good!!!

3,266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Turkish first
Hammonton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed one night at the Tropicana. The room was fairly clean but very outdated and the carpet had seen better days. The cleaning crew should take the extra time and check the air vents you could actually see the cob webs. The only saving grace which kept me from asking for another room was the cleanliness of the bathroom. The only interaction with the staff was at check in and she was very friendly. Even if we get another email deal, we will have to pass.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I decided to go to the Tropicana for a quick getaway for our wedding anniversary. The hotel is huge and the Valet agents were very nice. We entered into a beautiful lobby to check in on a busy Saturday night. We finally made our way to the font of the line and the hotel agent couldn't have been any more rude. We booked our trip on Priceline and selected a king size bed. To our surprise the agent told us that there were no king size beds available for the night and that we only selected a preference (I have since sent an email to Priceline to find out if their site is indeed misleading. My confirmation with Priceline said king size bed, not 'preference'.) The agent said she couldn't do anything so we either had to take the queen size bed or move to the side of the line so she could check other guests in. After the hassle and arguing we caved and took the queen size bed. We proceed to the room only to find dirty dishes including a half eaten bagel outside of our room at 9 pm. I can only wonder if it had been there since breakfast. We entered the room and the decor is very dated. A very old tube TV in a tv stand that shows its age. Part of the desk was ripped up and there was an extreme amount of dust on the plugs behind the night stand. The hair dryer barely worked, and there was no working exhaust in the bathroom.

You would think Hurricane Sandy hit the interior of the hotel and not the beach. The rest of the hotel appearance and shops are a far cry from the outdated rooms. We had a corner view and the beach looked absolutely beautiful. If the hotel would update their rooms and hire pleasant front desk employees we would consider returning.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!!!
Hammonton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The rooms were nice and clean the staff was pretty helpful with any questions I had. My family had a good time down the shore dispite the fact that a huricane had just gone through.The restaurant( Cuba Libre) was very clean, the food was excelent with many choices as well as the staff being very professional.

Room Tip: Get the non-smoking rooms
Wayne, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Two walls of large windows can't be beat; had they been clean would have been perfect. Typical suite means that there is a love seat in your room...not two rooms, but it was nicely decorated and very airy. We had to pay $50 extra on the weekend, but for us it was worth it. During the week there is no charge for upgrade, if a suite is available.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bear, Delaware, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was given an adjoining room in the South Tower even though I did not know the other party. No big deal did I think until later that night at around 12mid when the guy decided to strangle and beat on his girlfriend. I called security and reported the incident. They talked to the coup,e, who denied everything and security never talked to me, my sister, or my frightened daughter or niece. Well I called and asked for a room change since we all felt unsafe. After 30 minutes we finally ot to a new room by 2am. When I checked out and asked to speak with a manger about this crime I was told it was the luck of the draw of who we stayed next to and they were not responsible for anything. I explained I thought the hotel was responsible for my safety. But I guess I thought wrong. Wonder if the abusive thug received a comp because he may have gambled?
What a disappointment in management and to have my niece and daughter exposed to such violence still upsets me. Never will I stay here again!

Cumberland, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I want to be as honest as possible about this experience. We booked last minute on expedia before a five hour drive from MD. Our stay is to be for sat., sun., and mon nights. Even the long wait to check in didn't bother us as its was Sat night after all. When we entered the room ( after tipping the lovely bell man a 20) we were shocked at the dated decor but that isn't enough to leave a bad review for me. The tv was about a twenty inch old tube style and the mini fridge wasn't cold....still just glad to be here...well the next morning after a shower the hair dryer wouldn't work and yes we tried everything! I really wasn't mad but a couple hours later after losing 700 on the crap table i told my husband we should see if they would move us to a nicer room since it was Sunday and people were filing out. The two of us went back to check in and dealt with an Indian lady who couldn't have been any more cranky! I gently ( as I believe in the whole fly honey business) explained everything from the big line in our t v to the fridge and hair dryer not working trying to perhaps even upgrade us for our next two nights since there is nothing going on here on Mon and Sun. Only after telling her about the big holes in our drywall did she agree to move us. Guess what IDENTICAL room three floors up...same crappy tv and wall paper peeling everywhere! We love playing poker at the trop and my husband drops a load on craps. Should have gone back to Harrahs or Borgata. if they wouldn't of had the rooms it would be different, buts its like a ghost town here and they just lost two good customers...and when ask about our gambling comp cards. We told them we never use them anymore...we only come twice a year and our comps always expired. One more thing, after the lady asked us about comp cards my husband wanted to get a new one and while waiting in line an older nice lady asked if we came here often and proceeded to tell us they weren't doing very good and had to let employees go...Trop, you made us feel like common trash....and we've been loyal customers for many years...rob and Jen Klingler

Room Tip: Dont stay in the havana towers...its from the 80s
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropicana Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!