“i expected more” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
White Plains, New York
“i expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed there 2 x's and I thought the first time it was nice. But the second time I really expected much more. For the name it carried I thought it would be different. The location is excellent right in the middle of the boardwalk. Not far from the outlets. The wait to get your room I wasn't too happy about 2 people at the counter and the long was very long. I must say numerous of people check in on Sundays.
The room this time I wasn't happy with there was a large beam right next to the bed in which made the room look smaller. I saw about 20% of the ocean in which I ask for a ocean view. The 1st time I must say I had a better room and a better view of the ocean.
I think I will try the Taj Mahal next time, Trump Plaza you were alright but not the best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1,076 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Polish first
Williamsville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

One of the key ingrdients for us, especially in places AC and Vegas, is location and the Plaza has it. OK, The Donald isn't known as a great innkeeper, but he does know good real estate and this is a great spot. Right in the middle of the Boardwalk, across from the pier at Caesars and next door to Boardwalk Hall. Everything is accessable by foot or a short Rolling Chair ride.
We've been there 3 or 4 times for a week each and have no complaints. The East Tower rooms have been clean and the staff very accomodating, and the ocean view is excellent. This past visit the toilet needed repair when we arrived and they were there and had it fixed 10 minutes after I called.
If you plan to spend a lot of time in your room, and use the pool and other facilities extensively, then maybe you will be better off at Caesars or the new Revel. But if you plan to be out and around most of the time, the Plaza is a great spot. Especially for the $.

Room Tip: Just ask for the East Tower and be up at least 5 or 6 floors....even higher. It's right on the b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place wasn't what I had expected. I guess I was comparing it to the Casino Hotels in Las Vegas. Firstly, we arrived in our room and the airconditioning wasn't working, the oacean view windows were all fogged up so it was difficult to see the ocean. After moving to another room in another tower, had the same thing with the windows. - Not worth the extra money for the ocean view.
The pool wasn't outside and was just full of kids even thought it was a time slot for Adults Only. No chairs to sit at and well.
Very disappointed so we left a day early. We paid our bill and was told that we wouldn't be charged for the lasst night but low and behold, the charge for the final night was on our charge card. When I called the hotel, they gave me the run around about who I was supposed to talk to about it. Finally 3 months later, they put me through to someone who took care of the charge. Guess if I hadn't persued it,t he would have gotten away with it.

Room Tip: Consider a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place was totally not what I expected. I only stood here because I purchased a living social voucher that was too good to pass up for the price. Upon check in, I was not offered my bar credit that came with my purchased voucher, and was not notified of the $50 security deposit that was placed on my credit card. Once in my room, my towels were filthy (hair and heavy stains) and one of my lamps did not work. The room was very dated. The dealers at the casino were not too happy to be there, the slots were not paying out, and the food at their "Mediterranean" restaurant, Evo, sucked! It gave me the runs immediately! People do not go here! Go rack up your comps at Bally's or Cesar's and stay there. Not worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

yeah this place is not what I expected, I mean the place was ok I guess the sheets were not too clean and all that but no buffet kinda sucks we had 2 keys although only 1 was working so that was inconvenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pompton plains
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Terrible , outdated and dirty. 4 room changes first night. First 2 rooms bedspreads had multiple stains and wall paper coming off walls. Third room was "somewhat " clean but we had no cell phone service. They tried to tell us it was our phones. Finally forth room was "adequate" although keys for elevator and doors were a constant problem. They did finally come us for one night but I won't go back and use anyway.. Another words borgata or bust for us from now on..

Room Tip: Good luck I would stay elsewhere this place needs a major overhaul
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Parked in over-priced, disgusting parking garage. $20 is just too much to pay considering that we were hotel guests. Used condom in stairwell.
Poor signage going from parking garage to hotel registration. Filthy carpets.
Room smaller than expected. Gross stain on wall next to my bed. It may have been vomit once upon a time. Overall, room was dated.
Room key did not work consistently in elevator, making it difficult to get to room from lobby. Extremely long wait for elevators overall.
Breakfast at Evo was a good experience- we got a table on the boardwalk. Decent breakfast food. Good service.
I would not recommend this hotel or casino, although the $1 blackjack table was fun.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!