“Disappointing Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
“Disappointing Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place wasn't what I had expected. I guess I was comparing it to the Casino Hotels in Las Vegas. Firstly, we arrived in our room and the airconditioning wasn't working, the oacean view windows were all fogged up so it was difficult to see the ocean. After moving to another room in another tower, had the same thing with the windows. - Not worth the extra money for the ocean view.
The pool wasn't outside and was just full of kids even thought it was a time slot for Adults Only. No chairs to sit at and well.
Very disappointed so we left a day early. We paid our bill and was told that we wouldn't be charged for the lasst night but low and behold, the charge for the final night was on our charge card. When I called the hotel, they gave me the run around about who I was supposed to talk to about it. Finally 3 months later, they put me through to someone who took care of the charge. Guess if I hadn't persued it,t he would have gotten away with it.

Room Tip: Consider a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

1,020 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place was totally not what I expected. I only stood here because I purchased a living social voucher that was too good to pass up for the price. Upon check in, I was not offered my bar credit that came with my purchased voucher, and was not notified of the $50 security deposit that was placed on my credit card. Once in my room, my towels were filthy (hair and heavy stains) and one of my lamps did not work. The room was very dated. The dealers at the casino were not too happy to be there, the slots were not paying out, and the food at their "Mediterranean" restaurant, Evo, sucked! It gave me the runs immediately! People do not go here! Go rack up your comps at Bally's or Cesar's and stay there. Not worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

yeah this place is not what I expected, I mean the place was ok I guess the sheets were not too clean and all that but no buffet kinda sucks we had 2 keys although only 1 was working so that was inconvenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pompton plains
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Terrible , outdated and dirty. 4 room changes first night. First 2 rooms bedspreads had multiple stains and wall paper coming off walls. Third room was "somewhat " clean but we had no cell phone service. They tried to tell us it was our phones. Finally forth room was "adequate" although keys for elevator and doors were a constant problem. They did finally come us for one night but I won't go back and use anyway.. Another words borgata or bust for us from now on..

Room Tip: Good luck I would stay elsewhere this place needs a major overhaul
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Parked in over-priced, disgusting parking garage. $20 is just too much to pay considering that we were hotel guests. Used condom in stairwell.
Poor signage going from parking garage to hotel registration. Filthy carpets.
Room smaller than expected. Gross stain on wall next to my bed. It may have been vomit once upon a time. Overall, room was dated.
Room key did not work consistently in elevator, making it difficult to get to room from lobby. Extremely long wait for elevators overall.
Breakfast at Evo was a good experience- we got a table on the boardwalk. Decent breakfast food. Good service.
I would not recommend this hotel or casino, although the $1 blackjack table was fun.

• Stayed October 2012
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This place is horrible, all previously noted comments are true - dirty carpets, linens, burnt drapery; disgusting bathroom, rusty knobs, moldy sink, bathtub and the entire bathroom area.
I remember the days when Trump's name used to represent luxury, at least for this property that is no longer the case.
I've stayed at this hotel 20 years ago, its was top notch, I made frequent visits 10 years ago and it was still the same everything but required some touch-ups, we showed up for another weekend getaway and I could not believe it -- not much changed in terms of decor, but naturally everything is worn out and ran down.

The management does not spend a dime on renovating the hotel.

I am old enough to remember tube TV's but this is probably the only place to still have them.
Many people will tell you that they don't spend much time in the room, and it's not that important. I felt similar, we'll check-in, sleep and enjoy our getaway. Unfortunately after we spent a night in a room I ran to call my travel agent to cancel the entire reservation, fortunately they were gracious enough to halt my reservation and issue a refund for the remainder of our trip. We simply had to leave. I called Harrah's, their rooms were slightly more expensive but at that point we were looking to get out, and frankly it was worth it.

Management, I realize you no longer answer to Trump, and probably don't care about the patron's quality of stay but since you occupy premier real-estate in this historic town please have some decency to keep the place; roll-up your sleeves and make improvements - renovate. You're in hospitality business, please show that you care.

I will trash my Trump One card and never come back to either of your properties. You lost a paying patron, a player and most importantly a returning customer.

• Stayed October 2012
Easton, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went to the Trump Plaza in October on a Wednesday night. The bathroom was dated, the floor tile chipped and very slippery when wet. There was a rolled up rubber mat in the tub that was kind of nasty. The hotel is steps to the beach. We had to pay a daily $15/person fee to use the gym which included access to the jacuzzi. The hotel is not as nice as you would expect it to be with the Trump name. The beds were comfortable with clean sheets. The rugs in the room needed a good shampoo. If I stayed in the summer, I would not stay at this hotel and pay the summer rates. We stayed mid week in the fall and got very good rates. This means it was fine for what we paid for the room. But, if you high end expect elegance, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!