“good but not great” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Torrance, California
“good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

we stayed from 4th to 6th. The casino at Harrah's is like a maze. We lost everytime we move around from a restaurant to our favorite slots to our room elevator. The staff were okay. But I want to mention Dana, who took our late night room service order, who gave us the most unpleasant experience in room service order. Harrah's must realize that constructing a good pool and building more structure per se would not give them 5-star entitlement: a person like that always turns any loyal customer off and keep them away from Harrah's. If we choose a different hotel in our next visit, that will be because of this Dana person who took our room service order on the night of 4th. A disgusting experience...

Anyway, the pool was great, although the average age of patron there was about 70. You must check out Harrah's buffet: it's the best in AC!

Harrah's runs free shuttle to its sister hotels. It is good, but not as frequent and mostly full. You end up wait easy half hour to get on.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,328)
  • Turkish first
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

i am a diamond member but for some reason never get the tower i want... it was very busy for a monday but found the
slots i enjoy playing. in the morning table games are rare and far between. went to showboat and found a $5 bj table .
the new buffet is far worse than the old fantasea reef. i was VERY disappointed. i will NEVER go to that buffet again.
i would rather eat at their 24 hour place. buffet was not open for breakfast. my room key was demagnetized 3 times, and i finally gave up on it. it was in my back pocket by itself!!! weird...and inconvenient. i did win 2 jackpots there. i won $1800 on triple diamond dollar slot, and i won the $.25 joker poker progresser for $1100. that was great!!

melissa

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

My friend and I were given 2 complimentary nights at Harrah's in AC. The room in the Harbor Tower that we were given was spacious, clean and had a fantastic view of the bay. The bathroom was huge and spotless. The only complaint that we had, since it was the first time we stayed in Harrah's, was that there was no hotel directory. We had no idea where the restaurants were and had to keep asking for directions. The new adult pool is beautiful, but again we had to ask for directions. If we had not read online that they had a new pool, we never would have found it, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no directory or hotel map
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
Tonawnada, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

ok so i was comped a room in the attrium towers
they have been updated with new bathroom florring etc. the bed was very very very nice, probally one of my favorite yet. the casino seems once again to not have the most up to date games (i've always found this to be in harrahs ac) the flood at the coffee shop was poor this trip. usually it is always good, i was very disappointed in it. service was pretty good but people waited forever for hand payouts when there were any. in the high limits room i was shocked to see how long people waited. i did play in there and hit a couple times but came home a looser anyway. i did see 25.00 machines going off very often, but i wonder at 50 bucks a pop were they really ahead?
the room was quiet, the bathroom vanity was new and soooo poor with its above modern sink bowl that sits on the counter. water splashed all over, its a trend but so not user friendly. the shower head was very poor. the room was pretty clean and had hard wood like floors.
my view was of the ac skyline and it was nice
cable tv stations limited but ok, ive had worse in cainos
big flat screen tvs not real clear but nice
i did not eat at buffet but walked through to look, it seemed inda like most other buffets just spaced out more.
i am a smoker and the smoking sections were set up so very poor i checked out early and went over to showboat (read review)
they had poor signs and it just was very poor. i totally agree with smoking and non smoking areas but the set up was a joke
make half the casino smoking or an entire areas and the other not. whay walk around a little to see a small smoking section then non then smoking then non etc. very confusing for all!]
the check in was fast and check out even faster. cocktail waitresses were sparce and not the friendliest all the time
i went to ballys and the service there was much much much more fiendlier from valet to food serivce
so on next trip if there is one i prefer to stay on the boardwalk and likes the service better at showboat and ballys hands down
the bed in harrahs was the best and room nice
i also think the high limits room was looser than showboats but not ballys.
i think the smoking thing is hurting the casinos as i was tols by a couple slot hosts. i myself did not like the set up, exspecially at harrhas, so i probally will not return
have a great trip good luck

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — smoking areas, game selections
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

I spent one Sunday night at Harrah's in the Harbour Tower. I have to say I was mostly pleased with my experience, especially with the rate I paid. The hotel is not located on the boardwalk, but rather on the bay side near the Trump Marina and the Borgata. My room was on the 15th floor with a partial view of the bay. Personally, I like not being on the boardwalk. The casino is less crowded and the hotel seems to attract a more adult clientele. The staff was very professional and helpful. The pool seemed quite nice, though I did not have the chance to swim in it. The room itself was fine. It contained all of the basic amenities and I found the bed to be extremely comfortable. The only minor complaint I had was the shower; the shower head needed to be replaced as it was all rusted, the hot water wasn't all that hot, and the drain was painfully slow. Everything else in the room was more than adequate. The hotel is currently undergoing some construction and this was pointed out to me when I checked in. I did not even notice it though. The casino itself was quite typical of Atlantic City, but I did have good luck as I actually came out ahead while playing the slots. Next time I am in Atlantic City, I will definitely give this place a second look.

• Liked — Very comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — The shower.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

My friends and I arrived in Atlantic City anticipating a wonderful
vacation. We soon realized we were in for a long week. Being
from Texas, we are used to Southern Hospitality............this is
no where to be found in AC. From the time of check in to check
out, the people were very rude. The only friendly person at
Harrah's was a young lady in the gift shop. This was my first
and also my last trip to Atlantic City. I have been a guest at
several Harrah's (Mississippi, Nevada, Louisiana) and this
is the first time I have been disappointed in my stay. The hotel
and casino is one of the largest and most beautiful I have seen,
but the staff could use some social skills training. I thought
tourism was their business.

• Liked — Beautiful hotel and casino
  • Disliked — The staff, and restaurant choices, Deli staff (Dell) very rude, should not take menu orders
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

Hotel/Casino were very nice, room was beautiful, new pool area (bar,pool outside sunning area) was quite impressive. The only negatives were the limited food options. The buffet closed at 9pm, and wasn't open during the week for breakfast. How disappointing! The other 2 small "delis" always had lines which was upsetting when just trying to get a cup of coffee or snack.

• Liked — adult pool (over age 21)
  • Disliked — llimited food options
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!