“How I wish this hotel was on the boardwalk” 4 of 5 stars

WINTER SALE
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lindenhurst, New York
“How I wish this hotel was on the boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband and I just spent our 5 year anniversary here and it was a great experience. We found the entire staff to be wonderful, helpful and friendly but a little slow. The pool was the reason we booked here and it was worth it. The only real gripe I have is while playing on the machines, not one waitress asked if we would like a drink... I had to practically grab a waitress just to ask for some water. We plan on going back and my issue is that we had fun walking the boardwalk the next day so we want to stay at a hotel on the beach but I loved Harrahs so I'm torn.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,058)
  • Turkish first
CHERRY HILL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Got to take a mini vacation, we chose Harrahs AC due to the amenities all under one roof.
Check in was a breeze, wife wanted smoking room easy change. The room was very nice. We unpacked and came down to get the lay of the land, the layout was very nice kinda like the promenade on a large cruise ship, great shops and we checked out the pool. You have got to go there and spend a day at the pool, we didn't get to do that til the next day but it was great. Made friends, drank like fishes and enjoyed it all.

Dinner on the first night was at The Steak House, high end and worth it, I had a Makers Mark Manhattan it was large and delish. After dinner we hit Eden a little bar that I got to see my Flyers get pounded, they had a 3 pc group playing party tunes.
Day two Breakfast at Reflections, the pool and the sundeck all great.

The only disappointment came when we went to have Italian at Polistanas they closed at 9 pm, went to the deli instead it was fair. Back to Eden for the most fun, Karaoke with soul, it was a blast. Thanks Harrahs.

Mark and Sue L. South Jersey

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here the Sunday night going into memorial day. The rooms are nice and clean and the service is fine. However do not order room service or make phone calls. Both our cell phones died and we forgot our chargers, I made one phone call to a 914 number in westchester for no more than 5 minutes and was charged $35 because it was "long distance" ...ridiculous! Also we ordered room service twice... Once we got 2 chicken sandwiches and a bottle of water and paid $40 the second time we ordered breakfast which consisted of some fruit, a tiny box of corn flakes, oh, and 1 breakfast with eggs bacon and toast and were charged $70! Absurd! I'm from NYC so in used to paying high prices for everything but that was absolutly ridiculous. The food wasn't even good! Otherwise the hotel is fine!

• Stayed June 2010
HarrahsResortAC, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Hello Xosuzyox:

Thank you for staying with us at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City! We truly appreciate your feedback. As an employee with the company, I will be sure to share your comments and discussed them with the proper management teams. Guest comments, like your own, are used in business and development decisions everyday. With so many changes coming in the future, concerns and comments are welcomed. We do hope you visit us again soon!

Have a wonderful day!

Tiffany Moncalieri
harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I stayed here with my fiance and we both loved the hotel. When we checked in our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us! Our room was HUGE and beautiful. The location is not on the boardwalk like many other hotels but the pool and atmosphere makes up for it. As long as you have a car you can get to the boardwalk in 5 minutes and park for free at any other hotels owned by Harrahs(Showboat, Ceasars, etc) It's a great place to stay in the off- season if you want to swim.

The indoor pool is AMAZING. It's huge and has many jacuzzis. It is the best indoor pool I have ever seen and I travel a lot.

The casino atmosphere is great too. The dealers are really friendly.

We ate at the restaurant across from the pool. We got the prix fix menu and it was excellent.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Melszun:

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding the excellent service and experience you had at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City.

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City takes pride in the courteous and individual treatment of all of our valued guests, such as yourself, and we are always happy to hear your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our beautiful rooms and we have taken the liberty of sharing your letter with our Manager. Your kind words will encourage all of us to continue to strive to ensure that we are meeting our guest’s needs.

Your thoughtful comments continue to make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City in the near future.

We hope you have a great day!!

Tiffany Moncalieri
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Very nice, clean resort that unfortunately is pretty far from the famous Boardwalk of Atlantic City. If you come to a place like this for the gambling, you have it made. The casino is enormous, well lit and seems friendly enough. Though my wife and I are not gamblers we thought we would give some of the slots a try but could not figure out how the machines work and they do not come with instructions. No problem, we spent time in and around the spectacular indoor pool that is housed under a giant glass dome filled with palm trees and flowers. (For those of you reading this saying "how hard could it possibly be to use a 'one armed bandit'? Well I'm here to tell you that obviously, once someone has shown you all the various options and ways to play, it probably isn't that hard. We saw hundreds of people using the machines during our stay and I'll even bet they were not members of MENSA. But if you DON'T have a clue as to how the betting process works, or how the machines work, it isn't easy at all. It would have been very simple to post instructions near the machines that explained all that. But there were none.)
The hotel was very lax in it's efforts to get information to us regarding the simplest of things like checkout time, when certain restaurants were open and the price of the "extras" like the gym or cabanas. It seemed like they were not interested in providing the clientele with much information regarding anything but the casino. And I suppose that since that is how they make their biggest bucks, that it is not surprising. We tried a number of the hotel restaurants and were not disappointed in the quality of the food, or the service.
Lastly, I would have liked to have been told that the resort is pretty far from Atlantic City's famous boardwalk. We could have taken a Jitney bus from the resort to the seashore, but it would have been a lot easier had the place been within walking distance.
Overall, we were quite satisfied with the place and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone that is looking for a cheerful, clean hotel that has a huge venue for playing games of chance.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I've always enjoyed staying at Harrah's because of the true resort feel it has - it's nothing like the casino/hotels on the Boardwalk. Although there's plenty of bustle in the main promenades around the casino, most of the casino floor space is roomy and you don't feel hemmed in like you might at Bally's, Caesars, or Showboat.

What bothers me is that they are attempting to charge a premium for rooms on weekend holidays like Memorial Day and July 4th, even to loyal players. The "rack rates" for these weekends (on their web site) were listed at $500-$600 for the 3 day weekend for me, even though I'm a Diamond card holder. That's the first time I have ever seen this in the three years I've been on the Diamond tier.

For Memorial Day weekend, since I was not willing to commit to such a steep room charge, I ended up booking Sunday night as a comp night. Over the next two or three weeks after that I called to ask if I could extend my stay back into the weekend, on a comp basis. The first time I called they offered a small discount, and finally when I called back a week or two after that I ended up with comps for Friday and Sunday, and "caved in" for a $199 + "tax" (~$250) Saturday stay. I guess based on my play (loss) on Saturday, that charge was reduced by about $100. I do wish their pricing was more transparent. My feeling is that their loyal players (I lost well over $2K that weekend) should never be asked to pay for their room, and they certainly should have the historical spend data to back that idea up in advance. I'm feeling like they're trying to appeal to a younger crowd, who are willing to pay "retail" for partying there on holiday weekends. Still, I feel that people like me represent a better revenue stream for them. Frankly, I feel a bit betrayed.

They have a wonderful domed pool. On Memorial weekend Sunday, they had a rapper/hip-hop artist booked for 4PM, to draw the younger crowd, who paid $40 to see him perform. Not my style...

All that said, it is a nice place to be, and I enjoyed myself. Still I hope the situation I described will reverse itself. I encountered the same pricing scheme for the 4th weekend, and I'm not sure I feel like bothering...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
gr mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

was excited about trip. first time there. truly a dissapointment.. machines very tight...food was priced way to high...60.00 for two buffets. and the worst food ever tasted at a harrahs hotel...wouldn't go back, and don't recommend to anyone...shame on harrahs

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!