“relaxing week at Harrah's” 5 of 5 stars

WINTER SALE
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
frederick, maryland
“relaxing week at Harrah's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stay at Harrah's regularly on the weekends, but decided to take a week this past April since we had some free night offers. Aside from the Borgata, the waterfront towers are some of the nicest rooms in Atlantic City. The walls are thin though and Saturday nights the hotel is full of 21 year olds partying. Harrah's seeks to feel their rooms at full price on the weekends and when you stuff 6 to 10 people in the room, they 21 years olds are willing to pay full price. That being said, all the other nights were fine. The hotel and casino are clean. Very convenient to have a beautiful Red Door Spa in the hotel. The pool area is great- especially since it is for adults only (there is a separate family pool area in one of the towers). A few crazy things happened this past stay worth noting - we put a credit card on file to charge our hotel room; however, after the third day we checked our comp balance and noticed that my husband had lost 9000 comp points. We checked with the hotel and the supervisor told us there was a "glitch" in the system. He put our comps back on my husbands account. Second, in the middle of the week around 2am, we went back to our room to find that our room keys no longer worked. We went to the front desk where we were told that sometimes if you are staying a long period of time, the room keys are deactivited, we were also told that both of us deactivated our cards by carrying them near a cell phone (never had this problem before). We were perplexed as to why they would deactivate our cards, no hotel that we have stayed in (and we travel a good amount) has deactivated our room keys when we have stayed for a week or longer. Just an excuse. I will say that we were very lucky on some slot machines (and we aren't really slot players). All in all, the week was a lot of fun, with only a few minor annoyances.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,052)
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

We spent one night on Thursday April 29th as part of a deal I got through being a Buzz Agent. The offer included one night accommodations in the Water Tower, free valet parking, two passes to the Buffet, free admission to the Red Door Spa and the Pool After Dark nightclub.
We checked in around 5:30pm and check in was very fast and friendly. I mentioned that it was our 10th wedding anniversary and asked for a reccomendation on how to celebrate and the check in person acted like he was upgrading us to the Water Tower. The Water Tower was part of our deal, but whatever. I was just looking for an insiders reccomendation. Based on previous reviews we knew to go immediately to the buffet to get our seating times. It was minutes after 6pm and the earliest time we could return was 8:45. Wow. Considering the hotal didnt look very busy we were surprised.

Went up to the room and we were very pleased. I had seen in prior reviews that people were unhappy with cleanliness and flaws so I went over the room with a "white glove" attitude. It was immaculate, very well appointed and very large. We were on the 34th floor of the new Water Tower. View from the room was fine if you didnt look down on the parking garages. Shoreline to the left and marshland to the right.

We relaxed for a while and went down to the buffet at 8:30. We got in a very long line and found out that the 8:15 and 8:30 seatings had not been allowed in yet. I was fine with the standing but I noticed that many senior citizens had to sit on the planters in the area since the waiting is long and tedious. Harrahs should do something about that since the buffet lines are notoriously long and senior citizens are a huge demographic for both buffets and casinos in AC.
When we did finally get in, it was 9:15. Buffet was fine and the food was good. Not great, but extremely varied and even at 9:15 they were still replenishing everything and it was plentiful. But it is like eating in a busy train station with all of the people back and forth and the servers everywhere. We went because it was free and because we had to review it, but I would not opt for doing it at over $30 each if we were paying for it ourselves.
We had a great nights sleep and did not notice any noise on the floor from doors slamming or from thin walls, as other have mentioned in their reviews. I am a light sleeper too.
One other negative - do they ever check the hallways for room service carts?? There were carts that sat in the halls the entire time we were there. We arrived Thursday evening and saw breakfast carts from that morning. Same carts were still there when we checked out Friday at noon. Yuck.

I woke up very early the next day as is my habit and went swimming in the pool. Pool is gorgeous and staff was very friendly. I met several "AC Regulars" in the jacuzzi who told me that they had comps at several hotels in AC and Harrahs was definitely the favorite. They also said the crowd was younger and it was much busier than some of the other places. After my swim I checked out the Red Door and since they were just opening I had it to myself. Gorgeous spa, enjoyed the steam room and jacuzzi although the pool jacuzzi was much more powerful than the Red Door one. Nice products and very nice staff. Will check out spa services next time. Very pricey but I loved the environment.

Overall we loved it. Beautiful hotel and nice staff (except the surly ones who run the buffet lines, but I think that would make anyone surly). We live 2 hours away from AC and have never really thought of it as a quick trip destination but this visit changed that for us. We will be back - especially if we get another great deal!

PENNSYLVANIA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We have been staying with Harrahs for many years, and, I will be the first to say STAY ELSEWHERE IF YOU ARE GOING ON A WEEKEND!
The club at the pool is a major inconvenience for anyone who is not into the party scene. Even if you like to party, this is all WAY TOO MUCH! You can't walk to the food court without listening to a bunch of OBNOXIOUS teeny boppers. Harrahs seems to be catering to these people more than their dedicated card holders. There is obviously not enough security to deal with this train wreck. The noise is RIDICULOUS!!! (not the music, the people)
There is a VERY good chance the noise will follow you to your room. You can hear the music from the new tower, even if you are on a higher floor. In our case, we always seem to have VERY LOUD neighbors. We have been woken up at all hours of the morning.
We have met many people on our visits that have the same views as we do.
If you are not a Diamond card holder or higher, you can forget about first class treatment.
We take at least 10 trips a year to Harrahs AC and I can tell you from experience, IT JUST KEEPS GOING DOWN HILL!!!
On a lighter note, if you are staying on a night when the Pool is not having a function, it is an enjoyable experience.
One more thing, we recently stayed on a Saturday night. Our TV did not work. I called the front desk and was told they would send maintenance to our room right away. 30 minutes later, NOTHING!, I called the front desk again and was told to bear with them because they had 1 maintenance person on staff that evening. A BUSY SATURDAY NIGHT! ARE YOU SERIOUS???

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
HarrahsResortAC, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Dear Skeletonbones:

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent visit to Harrah’s Atlantic City. Your comments are very important in helping us to ensure that the service we provide to our guests is constantly improving to meet and exceed your expectations.

Harrah’s strives to provide a high level of quality services and products for all of our guests and we apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, we are not always able to control what other guests may do or say, but when we are aware of a situation, we will make every effort to maintain and control our surroundings. Please be assured that we have brought your comments to the attention of our Hotel management team so that we can alleviate this type of incident from reoccurring in the future and so that we can insure that we are always providing the high level of quality service you should expect as a valued guest.

We hope you have a great day!

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

Got a fantastic deal from BzzAgent that I just could not pass up. I am so glad I did it! Check in was a breeze. I received the welcome envelope and my girlfriend and I got our room right away. We were on the 39th fl of the new Waterfront Tower. The room was huge! There were 2 bottles of water along with chocolates to welcome us. Great view and a huge plasma tv on the wall. The bathroom had a walk in shower with a separate room for the toilet which we found very noisy when we flushed ;-) Beds were soft & comfy. There was mini fridge & a coffee maker. After we freshened up, we went to the Total Rewards Center to get a pin number for me and my girlfriend signed up for her card and they gave us a coupon book. The casino was huge! So many different slot machines from penny ones to $5 ones. All different types of table games but we stuck with the slot machines. Our favorite was the video roulette! The Pool was gorgeous and beautiful enclosed with a huge dome and regulated temps. We lounged here for an hour and even dipped into the pool after the guest played their volleyball game. The pool was converted into a nightclub in the evening and it looked beautiful but we did not venture in. The Waterfront buffet was huge! They offered everything - crab legs, steaks, mongolian stir frys, Mexican, Italian, sushi (skip this) Brazillian meats and of course dessert! We rolled out of there 2 hours later and headed back to relax and at 11pm, we went back down to gamble some more. We took advantage of the coupon book and used one for breakfast at Reflections and it was yummy. Check out was even quicker and before we knew it we were on the road. I wished I added an extra night since we didn't want to leave! We definitely will be back! Highly recommended even if it's not on the Broadwalk. It's more of a Vegas feel and we've been to Vegas and this hotel would satisfy any Vegas player!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Chinapooh,

Thank you for staying with us at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City! I’m pleased your stay with us was wonderful!! I’m also glad you enjoyed your guestroom in the waterfront Tower, our breath taking Pool during the day, and After Dark. The pool is the hottest spot in Atlantic City, and we are pleased you and your boyfriend had the chance to experience it. Your thoughtful comments continue to make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us and for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. We appreciate your loyalty and hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah’s in the near future.

Have a Lucky Day!!

harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com
Sicklerville, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in the waterfront tower for 2 nights from an internet promotion and it only cost $65 for the two nights!! The room was beautiful, it had a huge shower, marble bathrooms. Two very comfortable beds and an incredibly view of the bay!
I would surely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Corinnakay,

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City takes pride in the courteous and individual treatment of all of our valued guests, such as yourself, and we are always happy to hear your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our “Beautiful rooms in the Waterfront Tower,” and we have taken the liberty of sharing your letter with our General Manager. Your kind words will encourage all of us to continue to strive to ensure that we are meeting our guest’s needs.

Your thoughtful comments continue to make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah’s Resort in the near future.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Kind Regards,

harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com
Boston,Ma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I am upset.. you send all theses great deals...and when I called for a room on Easter weekend...you could not even accommodate me .....No comp or even reduced rate....I had to go to the Hilton and actually had a great time
Joe Caterina

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Harrah's Atlantic City overnight as part of a BzzAgent Campaign and we enjoyed it immensely. The staff was super friendly, the room was beautiful and spacious and the BED!!! Oh my god so comfortable.

If you stay here definitely check out the buffet for dinner. There are so many options to choose from the and food is genuinely really good. None of it tasted like it had sat all day, the stir fry is made to order and the crab legs...well I'm a glutton for crab so that was an issue. But seriously it's worth the $30 per person.

As other reviewers have noted, sound is an issue here. The walls and floors are VERY thin so you will hear a lot of what is going on around you. I didn't mind it so much but if you are a very light sleeper it is something to keep in mind.

All around a great and comfortable stay and I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!