“Had a blast! Great Casino!” 5 of 5 stars

30% Off Travel Rates
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, D.C.
“Had a blast! Great Casino!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Harrah's on the last day of a 3-day trip, a Sunday. We paid $79 for a room by booking over priceline and the stay was absolutely AMAZING.

I was worried about the cleanliness of the rooms based on previous reviews here, but our room was very nice - it was enormous with a great view, trendy comfortable furniture and a flat screen TV! The bathroom was huge, and the shower was really nice and enormous.

The resort itself is awesome, there is a pool area that guests can use for free, that has many hot tubs and a bar with good happy hour deals. The casino is large and very active, and there are many restaurants and bars throughout the resort - both cheap and expensive, for you to choose from. All the bartenders and casino workers were really friendly. Harrah's was a blast and I very highly recommend it.

btw, we stayed in the Waterfront Tower.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,316)
  • Turkish first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Just returned from a wonderful stay at Harrah’s Atlantic City. The staff was great from the moment we checked in. The place is lively and I see why it is so popular. The view from our Waterfront Tower room was stunning. The ocean view was so beautiful we left the curtains opened throughout most of our stay. The bathroom was clean and I was impressed with the shower. There was a marble seat inside of the shower as well. There was a toilet room which I’m sure a lot of people would appreciate. The bed was comfortable although I did see a cigarette burn mark on the quilt. Around 6pm, we decided to head downstairs for dinner. When we approached the buffet line we were informed that due to our Gold status they were overbooked and we would have to make a reservation for 8:45pm. That was a turn off along with the long line and we decided to stay clear of the buffet and proceeded to look for another place to eat.

We opted to go to McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood restaurant instead for dinner. We ordered the Crispy Fried Calamari Cherry Peppers, Garlic Butter and Marinara for appetizers and it was tasty. I enjoyed it because it was lightly breaded and seasoned well. For the main course, I ordered the Roasted Half Chicken Sautéed Spinach, Lemon & EVOO. I love chicken but I could not eat it because it was extremely salty. I don’t like returning food at restaurants and I tried to remove the skin to see if it would make a difference but it did not. The spinach that came with the chicken was awesome but I could not continue to eat the chicken. Once I alerted the waitress she quickly replaced the meal for me. At one point, the manager actually came over to apologize and to let me know the food would be coming out shortly. I ended up having the Flounder Cape May, New Jersey Pan Fried with Parmesan Crust, Capers & Lemon Butter. I should’ve ordered that in the first place. It was so delicious. The staff was very attentive and continued to check on us to ensure we were enjoying our meal. That is how customer service at a restaurant should be. If I stay at Harrah’s again I’ll definitely go back to McCormick & Schick’s.

After dinner we continued to play at the slot machines. Didn’t win much but I had a great time overall. We had a couple of drinks, walked around heard a cover band playing at Eden’s Lounge and they were pretty good. The next day we took the jitney to downtown Atlantic City did a little shopping at the Atlantic City Outlets and headed home afterwards. We had a great time and I will definitely make another getaway to Harrah’s in the future.

• Stayed April 2010
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Stayed at Harrahs recently - nonsmoking room in waterfront tower filled with smoke - advised take it or leave to harbor tower. They sent up an ozone machine while I went to dinner helped a bit.

They really need to work on cleanliness. The shower had mold, there was a dirty towel under the sink and debris in the waste basket on checkin. The sheets were stained and had to be changed. The rug made you wish to keep your shoes on. The housekeeper was rude and knocked a few minutes after 12 (albeit to see when I was leaving) and said nothing bt just stared when I answered. The tv remote was broken.

No less than 10 jammed elevators passed b4 I could get on for checkout. Valet was slooooooow.

The front desk was nonresponsive.

The buffet was mobbed and people herded like cattle. Food was ok.

The tables were high. Pit bosses unfriendly. The slots were tight.

Couldnt get on a shuttle to go to another casino.

Loud drunk rowdy kids rule the casino, elevators and halls. Dont expect to sleep.

Bill was wrong.

All in all

They need to try harder!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

This was my first trip to AC and we can't wait to go back. You'll love your stay at the Harrah's. We stayed on at 1PM on a Thursday night and check in was a breeze. The person directing traffic at check-in saw we had a stroller and pointed us to the Diamond line (huge plus). When we got to our room, we saw we had a corner Waterfront Premium Tower room over looking the Borgata and the strip. Since we were early, upon reaching our room, we were greeted shortly after by a gentleman that said he didn't expect us so early but he had a few things to tidy up in the room. This was odd but he laid some Belgian chocolates, water bottles, and some bath amenities in our room. This was a huge touch! Right after he left, room service came up and said one of our curtain poles needed changing. When they looked around, nothing was broken but this gave me assurances that IF something was broken, the first gentleman noticed and called it in to be fixed ASAP. Most likely this error was due to a mis-communication on the radios.

Anyway, the only thing to keep in mind when coming here is that you need to reserve a time for the buffet. We went at 6:15 PM thinking we can get seated right away but boy was I wrong. We were told to come back at 8:45 PM. We came back at 8:30 PM and the line was almost reaching the Red Door Spa. We didn't get to our tables until close to 10 PM. Be sure to request your seating times when you arrive. I guess this was the only downside to my trip since I was never made aware that you had to reserve a spot to eat. In my previous dinings in LV (Bellagio), I never needed a reservation. No biggie either way.. you live and learn.

Lastly, if you will be traveling with a stroller, the shuttle bus does not allow them. I hope you're driving so if you are, drive to Bally's since that is pretty central to the strip. After paying for parking, be sure to ask for a receipt so you can park for free.

Hopefully these pointers help you enjoy your stay!

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

My name is Shirley Boswell, and I stayed at the Harrahs Casino but I actually stayed with my Friend, Hallie Crance, in a comp room. I have been to the Harrahs on several occasions but have never stayed overnight until this last time in March. We knew we were going to be late, and they told Mrs. Crance to call back at 8 p.m. to let them know that we were still coming. We called at 8 p.m. and specified that we were still coming and was almost there. He said Ok. When we got there, the line of people looked to be approximately thirty. When we finally got to one of only two receptionist, they had given our room away. However, they did give Mrs. Crance an up graded room. They had several "self service computers" to check in but none of them were working. they had closed them down for some reason.

I have stayed at several hotels in Atlantic City and have never stayed in a Hotel as unkept as the AC Harrah's. The playing area was so dirty in the smoking section that I couldn't play on one of the machines that I wanted. Cigarette ashes were everywhere. I've been to this Casino in the past and it has never been this bad. The Hallway going to our room had bits of paper lying on the floor when we got there and was still there when we left the next day. The floor and counter in the bathroom of our room had some kind of gel; possibly hair gel?? We didn't have an ice bucket and had to call for one. In the last 6 months or so, I have been to the Harrahs in Joliet (at least 4 times) and the Horseshoe in Hammond; didn't stay the night but the Casino was well kept and the service was good. I stayed overnight at the Showboat the very next night after I stayed at Harrahs (AC) and there was no comparison. Showboat has always been clean and accommodating to our needs and I will be staying there from now on. Harrahs at AC will be my last choice if I have to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I really enjoyed staying at Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City. The room is nice with great views of Atlantic City. There are plenty of restuarants located on the resort including an all-you-can-eat buffet including a choice of seafood, asian cuisine, salads, steak, and desserts. The resort also includes an indoor pool and the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. I thought that Harrah's Resort was a first-class resort and included helpful staff and a nice ambience. It is defintely a nice place to stay for an entire family.

• Stayed March 2010
Bear, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

The hotel is amazing..nicely appointed and modern. Every staff member we encountered was all smiles and more than happy to help. The Sapphire Bar was so neat with the ice right in the bar to keep your drink nice and cold ! The Waterfront buffet is hands down the best buffet I have ever been to..the lobster was big and tasty, they have mongolian bbq, chinese,mexican,seafood everything you could ever want, not to mention the Cold Stone ice cream that they have on there for dessert.. yummy !!
We had a king room on the 25th floor of the Waterfront tower. The room was very spacious , nice big flat screen, tile shower with glass enclosure,seperate toilet area, granite countertops,soft fluffy comforter and mattress.
I highly recommend this hotel trust me you wont be sorry !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!