“Dirty & Cheap” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
N. Wildwood, NJ
“Dirty & Cheap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2005

I had a comp stay with my total rewards program. Check in was a nightmare since at no time was I informed a credit card was needed, good old american cash was not accepted. After about a 2 hour delay; I had to travel over 10 miles to purchase a secured credit, we checked into our room. At first glance the room looked fine, but upon further inspection i found trash on the floor in various areas, stains on the tub, dust on the desk and window sill, and an inadequate supply of creamer, sugar, pillows and towels. Before going to dinner, i called down for these items and they were delivered. About a week after my stay I received $12 bill for linens. I immediately called the hotel and was told there were towels missing after I checked out. I was appalled! I explained that I requested an adequate supply from housekeeping when I checked into the room but at no time was there any extra; therefore how could there be any missing! I've discovered that not only aren't these rooms double checked for cleanliness, but they're not checked for sufficient amentity supplies either. I suppose their housekeepers stock their homes and then the hotel charges it's guest for missing items. I sent a letter to the hotel management and never received any reply. My suggestion to anyone needing overnight accomodations in Atlantic City; DO NOT STAY AT HARRAHS!

• Stayed November 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,050)
  • Turkish first
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2004

We are regular visitor of altantic city,we came down often & stay in different hotel the best that we experience good service are the front desk & all the staff are very nice ,harrahs employee are very nice & attentive,Rooms are big ,good frigde ,very nice shower,& hot tub is very relaxing ,INTERNET SERVICE IS QUITE EXPENSIVE,BUT IF U DONT WANT TO GAMBLE U CAN ENTERTAIN U'RSELF CHECKING U'R EMAIL Keep up the good job.HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2004

Arrived at harrah's on Sun. Dec. 12th, after staying at the showboat on Sat. This hotel is a step up from the showboat. Greeted with all smiles at the check-in area. The check-in area is more up-scale than showboats. Beautiful decor throughout. Were in the room in less than five minutes. Large room with everything you need, execpt a safe. Bath area very clean, as was the room. Not to lucky, although won some playing video poker. Had a great time overall, looking forward to our next stay. Good Luck

Hermitage, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2004

Cleanist hotel room I've ever seen. Everyone was very kind & courteous. The only trouble we had was, we had a 2-free buffet coupons from the Fantasea Reef Buffet, but the seating for us & many others was 10 pm. That was not appropriate for any of us. We went else where we didn't have to wait 6 hous to eat.

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Harrah's Resort Atlantic City

#5 Luxury Hotel in Atlantic City
#5 Casino Hotel in Atlantic City
#6 Romantic Hotel in Atlantic City
Hotel Class:4 star — Harrah's Resort Atlantic City 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harrah's Resort Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Harrah`s Resort Atlantic City Hotel Atlantic City
Harrahs Hotel Atlantic City
Harrahs Casino Atlantic City
Harrahs Ac

If you own or manage Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.