“smelly hall but good room” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Murfreesboro
“smelly hall but good room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The stay at the hotel was a good one, other than the smaller issues but we will come again and enjoy ourselves. Love the mall and shopping but gotta fix the wet, smelly hall. The bathroom was amazing but our shower door would not shut completely.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (954)
Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great place for casino fun. Entertainment was great. Although a bus was needed to go to the boardwalk, the amenities of on roof games and area to lay out was amazing. The pool is beautiful. Food was spectacular

Room Tip: don't reserve a smoking room even if you are a smoker.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Holtsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our trip to Harrah's was great. I was in a Slot Tournament in Showboat which was a lot of fun. Great room and great food all comped because of our loyalty to Harrah's. I even did some shopping and found a perfect top.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Middletown, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My daughter and I, stayed at Harrah's Resort, this past week for The Blake Shelton Concert, last minute reservation, price was not bad considering it was a last minute thing, Hotel is very pretty and check in was busy but quick, 12:45 check in which is a little later than at most other hotels we have stayed, but the 12 noon check out made up for it, as well as the upgrade that was given even without us asking, (very nice). 23rd floor view was just ok, carpets were on the dirty side in the hallways, but room was very nice and comfortable, bathroom was spacious and clean, a few cobwebs on doorway, beds were fresh and super comfy. The hotel itself was very pretty, the main pool was nice, but the 21 and over age restriction a little over the top, because the family pool and sundeck were very dirty and outdated, but all in all not bad! ways from the boardwalk so quite for the most part.

Room Tip: pick a high floor away from elevators
Green Features: water control, lighting not bad, I believe these steps are within the basic environmental practices that other hotels are establishing, will like to see recycling of containers in the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sayville, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here for my bachelorette party 2 years ago with no problems at all. I suggested Harrahs to my brother in law and his groomsmen. Let me start by saying, I am completely computer literate and have booked over 50 reservations at various hotels in various countries over the years. Who knew that booking in New Jersey would be such a project? I just want to be clear that I am not some novice complaining about the new technology required to make a reservations. Never in my life have I ever received such hideous customer service. I cannot believe that booking 2 rooms and 1 dinner reservation has turned into such a nightmare. Shame on Harrahs and the Caesars group for completely outsourcing all customer service! I tried to book 2 rooms for my brother-in-laws bachelor party. I wanted to book 2 rooms, with 2 beds each. 3 adults in each room. 1 night. Simple enough, right? I tried booking through the 800 number, but was told the best rates available are on the website. Fine. I find rate of $278 a night and go ahead and book on my iPad. I check over every detail. Confirmed. Then I get only 1 confirmation email showing only 1 room is booked. So I call the hotel number, which is actually the call center. They then tell me that I had 1 reservation at Harrah’s and 1 at Ballys. Lovely. I ask them to cancel the Ballys reservation and book me another room at Harrah’s. Now the room price is $390. WHAT? 10 minutes later and the room is over $100 more! The customer sales rep was so incredibly rude! I told him that the same room is being advertised on Expedia for the $278 rate, and the Harrahs website advertises that they will match a lower price plus 10%. The CSR tells me I have to file a claim. I ask him how to proceed, and I get “read the website.” I asked him to cancel ALL existing reservations (should only be 2). He then tells me that he can’t guarantee that my husband’s credit card won’t be charged for the cancelled reservations---WHAT!!!!? So after I was told EVERY RESERVATION I MADE WAS CANCELLED, I waited a few hours and tried to book 2 rooms again. I got a decent rate of @$290, and booked the 2 rooms. Today, Monday I called, attempted to call Harrahs again to confirm I had 2 reservations because once again, I only received 1 confirmation email and there was only 1 reservation showing on the Total Rewards website. This time, I told the call center that I only wanted to speak with someone who was actually in the hotel. And surprise! I got Deanna, who was a pleasure. After being on the phone with her for quite some time, It seemed we had everything straightened out- FINALLY! I asked her to email me all the confirmations and cancellations that were registered under my husband’s name. There was 5 reservations under his name! The call center never cancelled anything, and there were 2 reservations I never even got emails about! Thank God Deanna was able to take care of that for me.
I then tried to call the Steakhouse Restaurant, located within Harrahs AC. I had a simple question…”is the pre fixe menu available on Saturday?” I called the number on Harrahs website…again they want all the reservations made for all of the properties to go through this 1 call center! WHY WHY WHY! Why will you not allow your patrons to call the restaurant directly to ask simple questions!? Why send me to the call center that has NO IDEA what the restaurant policies are?! ! I wouldn’t mind talking to the call center---IF THEY ACTUALLY COULD ANSWER MY QUESTION! And to make matters worse, I get another condescending CSR telling me to call the restaurant directly at 609-441-5575! YEAH THE SAME NUMBER THAT GOT ME TO THE CALL CENTER!! I have never been so frustrated in all my life.
My poor husband will be checking in with his group on Saturday the 9th. I will check back here with an update. Looks like they will be having dinner off the property, since we cannot actually speak with anyone who works in the restaurants at the hotel. TIP: Book at Revel. Never had this trouble there EVER.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Old Bridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Rooms are a little outdated. Sometimes the rooms are very close to the clubs and you hear the music all night and other than that the walls are paper thin and you can hear the people in the next room clear as day

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Port Jefferson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Harrah's Resort AC has a pool area that will make you think you are in Hawaii. The casino is one of the nicest when it comes to their dealers, crew and pit staff. I would reccommend this place as your next stay in Atlantic City

Room Tip: The waterfront tower is the newest and best.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!