“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed here twice before. The location is not far from the boardwalk, a short cab ride or drive. The room price, especially for weekend rates are cheaper then other boardwalk properties. The nightlife is good, especially with the Harrahs Pool Party, it's not necessary to get table service. Check-in has always been easy with professional service. overall a good hotel to stay at. There are great places to dine at. The self parking is a nice walk to check-in so make sure you don't forget anything in the car. Overall a good Atlantic City hotel to stay at.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,325)
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We decided to book a king room at Harrah's for our honeymoon for a week. When we checked in they gave us a room with two queens in the Harbor Tower. Not to mention you have to walk through the casino with your luggage to get to the hotel elevators. We wanted the king but the two queens where fine. The room wasn't the best but it would do. The bathroom lights took a while to turn on and flickered like a haunted house. The vending only gave warm drinks so we went back to the room to get the ice bucket to get ice. There was a huge fresh hocker in the bottom of the ice bucket, I called the front desk and they gave us a room credit of $25 and sent a new bucket up which took almost a half hour. Then I had to go to about 10 floors to find a ice machine that worked. It was later in the night and we had a long drive in so I Just wanted to get a shower. I turned the shower on and there was only cold water, I let it run for about 5 min and still no hot water. I then got re-dressed went to the front desk, they said they would have maintenance come up asap and gave us a credit for the room. After waiting almost a hour with out maintenance coming to our room I called back down to the front desk and said we where just going to go to sleep not to send them since it was now almost 1am. In the morning we packed up and went to the front desk to check out because we just wanted to relax not have to deal with all the problems. We even said we where there for our honeymoon they couldn't have cared less. They went ahead and checked us out used our $25 credit to pay for the $19 early check out fee. Never once was offered another room nor a upgrade. I couldn't believe we had these experiences at a well known casino, I have stayed at many hotels and have never had this bad of an experience.

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were unfortunate enough to be put in a Marina Tower Luxury room. It was disgusting. As soon as I got off the elevator I knew we weren't going to be happy. The carpets in the hallways look as they havent been vacuumed in weeks. Our room smelled like mold, ants in the bathroom, stained sheets, dust everywhere, just plain dirty. If it wasnt nearly midnight, I wouldve dragged my bags back down to the lobby and asked to be moved. Another disgraced hotel in AC.

The casino was no better. The carpets and floors there also need a good vacuuming/cleaning. I've been to Harrahs many times, this is the first I noticed the drinks being watered down on the casino floor. Ate at Sammy D's and the food was tasteless, excect for the coffee which was very good. Really going downhill fast.

Allentown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A friend and I had stayed at Harrah's on a Wednesday night and as we prepared to leave to go to the club, two men walked into our room with keys. Luckily the men were nice and joked about the double booking and went back down to the front desk to receive a new room/keys. The front desk then proceeded to deactivate the keys without our knowledge. Later in the night we were not able to get into our room and went down stairs to complain about the incident. The woman behind the desk basically laughed at our concerns about the double booking and proceeded to take $50 off our bill. I really think this was ridiculous compensation for double booking our room. 15 minutes later and we would have already left our room and our stuff when two strangers would have entered. It is ridiculous that Harrah's double booked our room and then the woman at the front desk then handled the situation in such an unprofessional and unsympathetic manner. We had regularly stayed at Harrah's, however, we will not be staying here again when this is how they treat their patrons.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We decided to go to Atlantic city instead of Vegas and we overall did not like our time in Atlantic City. We started out with a less expensive room in one of the old towers (Harbor) and did not like the room at all. The second night we switched to another tower (Marina) and it was not much better. Robert at the front desk moved us to the newest Waterfront tower and if you go there this is where you want to stay. BTW, Thanks Robert, you made our stay very pleasant.The shuttle is terrible just as others have said as you may wait at other hotels to come back as they load according to your rating as a player not by guest.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm here for my birthday and decided to invite family out to spend it with me. When I checked in last night I was told by Felicia who was very friendly, that if we called the front desk this morning I can do extended checkout with no charge. So I did that and was told that it was unavailable. I asked why I was told that it would be, and the woman said rudely, "Well I'm sorry you misunderstood but we are not allowing late check-outs today!" I didn't misunderstand anything because the same thing was said to my family when they checked in late last night. When I told the woman that, she said "You know, I don't appreciate they way you're talking to me." Now I work in a hotel, and would NEVER talk to a customer this way. I then asked to talk to a supervision. The supervisor said she heard the convo and said she handled it the right way. I couldn't believe it! Needless to say my bday weekend is ruined and I will never stay or let my family stay here again. Record your convos with Harrahs staff!

• Stayed September 2013
Southfield,MIchigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Enjoyed the variety of places to eat in the Hotel,pricey yes but expected.
Pool was to far from tower we were in. Did not like that pool becomes a club at night.
Loved Shuttel service to board walk, so convient and free for total reward members.
My friend has to ride a scooter and there was a bus that accommodated us.
Loved the boardwalk can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!