“Lacking in cleanliness...” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
“Lacking in cleanliness...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just got back from staying here for a Yelp event. We had a $99 event rate which was fantastic and definitely can't be beat - but our room missed the mark a bit on cleanliness.

We were staying in the Waterfront Tower and the design of the room is great (nice view, modern furniture, great looking bathroom with a big shower) but the upkeep was definitely lacking. The furniture had scratches all over it, red stains on it (nail polish?) and gum stuck to it. The wall paper was beat up and dirty looking and worst of all, the bottom part of our bed had gigantic stains on it. I took pictures and plan to upload because while I really loved the look of the room and it has so much potential, this type of stuff isn't acceptable.

Also, the ice machines were smashed in on almost every floor and various hallways and elevators looked like they desperately needed some cleaning.

I would stay here again based on the location, warm pool area which is great in the winter, and some decent food choices - but they should definitely start paying more attention to upkeep of the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,058)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The room was dusty and the bathroom although semi clean had dust and hair on the floor. The bars were dirty in the casino area. The video poker machines had plastic covers on the touch pads that were all sticky. The elevators were filthy! And the floor hallways were lined with dirty room service dishes and unvaccumed. In the middle of the night a large party came up from partying and then were throwing ice at each other and carrying on. Security showed up 30 minutes after we called by that time there was only the ice mess in the halls. The restaurant was good and service was great. The pool although nice made you bring a drivers licence and your room charge card along with your key to get a drink at the bars. The cocktail waitresses were rude and had an attitude. I would say stay at the Golden Nugget which is next store and the property their is so much nicer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I will start from when I called and booked my reservation. I called to reserve a room for one night @Harrah’s for 1-18-2013. I was told that since I was traveling with children there is a family pool. I was told in the event the pool was not open that I would be able to use the pool that is normally for 21 and over. I was in Atlantic City that weekend for a cheerleading competition that was at the convention center so it made sense to me because of the amount of children in Atlantic City for the weekend.

I arrived at Harrah’s and after waiting for 15 minutes on line to get checked in I was informed that the information I received when making my reservation was totally inaccurate and that in fact my kids were absolutely NOT allowed to enter the pool area and that the family pool is in fact NOT open. I was told that the person I spoke with when making my reservation was not from the hotel and that it happens all day, everyday!!
At this point in the evening I was standing in the lobby with 3 children that wanted nothing more than to swim and eat dinner and instead I was just standing their baffled at the information I was just given.

We went up to the room let me tell you once again to my dismay complete dissapointment!!!!!! If it was not for a cheer competition I would have just turned around and left the hotel!
You need to be aware of certain facts ….we were able to write our names in the dust that was accumulated on the frame of the bed and the bathroom was so filthy. Just when we thought this couldn’t get any worst…. we were having a completely different dilemma…. The person who made our reservation via the phone told us we would have a couch in the room that opens up to a bed. That apparently is NOT the case!!!!
On top of needing a CLEAN room change because nobody should have to pay to sleep in filth but then we also had the additional expense of having to get another room because we were misinformed when making of the reservation. At this point we were put into ajoining rooms.

This is not what I expect when I come to Harrah’s with my family. This is not what I expect when I call to make a reservation. This is totally unacceptable and honestly I am not one to complain but this was beyond a relaxing and fun weekend. The misinformation between staff and customer service makes for a lot of frustration.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Staten Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Harrahs Resort for 2 nights/3days. I like this resort because it is not on the boardwalk and does not have day bus visitors. The casino is not very large, so its easy to get around and has plenty of tables and slots to keep you interested. We stayed in the Waterfront Tower. Nice room with Jacuzzi and walk in shower. Comfortable beds with plenty of pillows. Needed a little updating already, some small carpet stains, small hole in bed beach. Not pristine, but acceptable. Little dusty in spots. They have a nice buffet and many places to eat, from restaurants to take out informal places for sandwiches, pizza, ice cream. The prices are high, but we expected that. The hotel has 2 indoor pools, one adults only, one for children & adults. Overall I would say this is a fair hotel off the boardwalk, we dont stay in the rooms anyway, like the excitement and buzz of the casinos and shops. If you want off the boardwalk, try this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is the most relaxing fun casino in Atlantic CIty. The food is excellent from the buffet to the steakhouse. There's something for everyones taste buds , even a little food court. Personell all friendly. 2 large pools. One very classy. Gambling choices many. beautiful rooms.

Room Tip: waterfront tower has best rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Margate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

a bit out of the way from the main resort centre but there is a regular shuttle (charge) to various other properties. also charge for parking if you are not a senior total rewards member. check in quick and efficint, rooms huge and all mod cons. a bit noisy at the weekend but nothing unusual for a full service casino resort. liked gaming area as smoking only allowed in certain well marked areas (why can't vegas do this?) but, having said this, it lacked the excitement and zest of las vegas. buffet wonderful with lots of seafood as well as the usual salads, meats, etc etc but expensive by vegas standards. same for steakhouse - the best steak i have had for a long time!

Room Tip: a high floor with an ocean view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I 've spent my friend 2 night at Harrah's in January 2013 .
We've stayed in Watterfront Tower . The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice view of the marina . The buffet was closed which we found dissapointing .

In many instances I've noticed the lack of cleanliness . Elevator floors , my hallway carpets were truly dirty with stains and our room had a lots of dust to by found everywhere .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!