“MISINFORMATION WHEN BOOKING ROOM AND FILTHY!!!” 2 of 5 stars

WINTER SALE
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Staten Island, New York
“MISINFORMATION WHEN BOOKING ROOM AND FILTHY!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I will start from when I called and booked my reservation. I called to reserve a room for one night @Harrah’s for 1-18-2013. I was told that since I was traveling with children there is a family pool. I was told in the event the pool was not open that I would be able to use the pool that is normally for 21 and over. I was in Atlantic City that weekend for a cheerleading competition that was at the convention center so it made sense to me because of the amount of children in Atlantic City for the weekend.

I arrived at Harrah’s and after waiting for 15 minutes on line to get checked in I was informed that the information I received when making my reservation was totally inaccurate and that in fact my kids were absolutely NOT allowed to enter the pool area and that the family pool is in fact NOT open. I was told that the person I spoke with when making my reservation was not from the hotel and that it happens all day, everyday!!
At this point in the evening I was standing in the lobby with 3 children that wanted nothing more than to swim and eat dinner and instead I was just standing their baffled at the information I was just given.

We went up to the room let me tell you once again to my dismay complete dissapointment!!!!!! If it was not for a cheer competition I would have just turned around and left the hotel!
You need to be aware of certain facts ….we were able to write our names in the dust that was accumulated on the frame of the bed and the bathroom was so filthy. Just when we thought this couldn’t get any worst…. we were having a completely different dilemma…. The person who made our reservation via the phone told us we would have a couch in the room that opens up to a bed. That apparently is NOT the case!!!!
On top of needing a CLEAN room change because nobody should have to pay to sleep in filth but then we also had the additional expense of having to get another room because we were misinformed when making of the reservation. At this point we were put into ajoining rooms.

This is not what I expect when I come to Harrah’s with my family. This is not what I expect when I call to make a reservation. This is totally unacceptable and honestly I am not one to complain but this was beyond a relaxing and fun weekend. The misinformation between staff and customer service makes for a lot of frustration.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,058)
  • Turkish first
Staten Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Harrahs Resort for 2 nights/3days. I like this resort because it is not on the boardwalk and does not have day bus visitors. The casino is not very large, so its easy to get around and has plenty of tables and slots to keep you interested. We stayed in the Waterfront Tower. Nice room with Jacuzzi and walk in shower. Comfortable beds with plenty of pillows. Needed a little updating already, some small carpet stains, small hole in bed beach. Not pristine, but acceptable. Little dusty in spots. They have a nice buffet and many places to eat, from restaurants to take out informal places for sandwiches, pizza, ice cream. The prices are high, but we expected that. The hotel has 2 indoor pools, one adults only, one for children & adults. Overall I would say this is a fair hotel off the boardwalk, we dont stay in the rooms anyway, like the excitement and buzz of the casinos and shops. If you want off the boardwalk, try this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is the most relaxing fun casino in Atlantic CIty. The food is excellent from the buffet to the steakhouse. There's something for everyones taste buds , even a little food court. Personell all friendly. 2 large pools. One very classy. Gambling choices many. beautiful rooms.

Room Tip: waterfront tower has best rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Margate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

a bit out of the way from the main resort centre but there is a regular shuttle (charge) to various other properties. also charge for parking if you are not a senior total rewards member. check in quick and efficint, rooms huge and all mod cons. a bit noisy at the weekend but nothing unusual for a full service casino resort. liked gaming area as smoking only allowed in certain well marked areas (why can't vegas do this?) but, having said this, it lacked the excitement and zest of las vegas. buffet wonderful with lots of seafood as well as the usual salads, meats, etc etc but expensive by vegas standards. same for steakhouse - the best steak i have had for a long time!

Room Tip: a high floor with an ocean view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I 've spent my friend 2 night at Harrah's in January 2013 .
We've stayed in Watterfront Tower . The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice view of the marina . The buffet was closed which we found dissapointing .

In many instances I've noticed the lack of cleanliness . Elevator floors , my hallway carpets were truly dirty with stains and our room had a lots of dust to by found everywhere .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Every time I go to A.C. I stay at the Harrah's. The rates are great and the rooms are really nice. The indoor pool and spa never disappoint. The only thing I don't like about it is its location. It’s in a weird spot and not on the beach. Other than that, it's a great choice and the hotel restaurants are always on point!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Medford, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have visited Harrah's a couple of times now, each experience bringing good memories with the friends I adventured out with. We are all Total Rewards members, so we do enjoy the perks (at times) of a comped room.

I wanted to take my girlfriend down for a little weekend trip to celebrate our anniversary, and thought it would be a fun, fairly affordable trip to enjoy. When I called, about two weeks in advance, there were no more comped rooms available. We both had off on Monday for MLK, so I decided it was worth to spend the time there and ate the $77 for the room.

We were placed in the MARINA TOWERS (capped for attention). We made decent time getting down and were welcomed with a $12 charge for checking in 45 minutes early. This was not waived due to "corporate restrictions" and the receptionist curtly directed me to feel free to re-wait on line to check in at 4pm if it was too much of a problem. I again took the cost.

Going into the room was the biggest slap in the face. The physical structure was fine, but the room smelled horribly of sweat and body odor. I was already frazzled at this point, but my lady friend discouraged me from bringing my complaint up. As we continued throughout our stay, we found more and more disappointment; skeevy and unclean shower, the persistent smell (that we eventually got used to, but were re-welcomed by each time we entered the room), sticky brown spots on the desk, and even a trail of what must have been cocaine residue on the table.

At check out I was hit with more charges, such as a room assessment (which, judging by the condition of the room, never happened prior to my check in). I, yet again, paid and did not say anything, to which in hindsight was a mistake. I was stuck between trying to show my girlfriend a good time and not look like an unhappy person and getting the service that I was used to receiving free, but instead paid a price for of $100.

There are positives to this casino and hotel, and it normally offers a good night life, friendly casino atmosphere, and competitive rooms. But after this experience, I strongly question what the norm is, and am debating if I need to look into another location when visiting Atlantic City. Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay out of the Marina Towers. I had previously stayed in the Atrium Suites, which are worth paying...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!