“Relax and have fun” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Relax and have fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is the most relaxing fun casino in Atlantic CIty. The food is excellent from the buffet to the steakhouse. There's something for everyones taste buds , even a little food court. Personell all friendly. 2 large pools. One very classy. Gambling choices many. beautiful rooms.

Room Tip: waterfront tower has best rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,058)
  • Turkish first
Margate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

a bit out of the way from the main resort centre but there is a regular shuttle (charge) to various other properties. also charge for parking if you are not a senior total rewards member. check in quick and efficint, rooms huge and all mod cons. a bit noisy at the weekend but nothing unusual for a full service casino resort. liked gaming area as smoking only allowed in certain well marked areas (why can't vegas do this?) but, having said this, it lacked the excitement and zest of las vegas. buffet wonderful with lots of seafood as well as the usual salads, meats, etc etc but expensive by vegas standards. same for steakhouse - the best steak i have had for a long time!

Room Tip: a high floor with an ocean view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I 've spent my friend 2 night at Harrah's in January 2013 .
We've stayed in Watterfront Tower . The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice view of the marina . The buffet was closed which we found dissapointing .

In many instances I've noticed the lack of cleanliness . Elevator floors , my hallway carpets were truly dirty with stains and our room had a lots of dust to by found everywhere .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Every time I go to A.C. I stay at the Harrah's. The rates are great and the rooms are really nice. The indoor pool and spa never disappoint. The only thing I don't like about it is its location. It’s in a weird spot and not on the beach. Other than that, it's a great choice and the hotel restaurants are always on point!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Medford, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have visited Harrah's a couple of times now, each experience bringing good memories with the friends I adventured out with. We are all Total Rewards members, so we do enjoy the perks (at times) of a comped room.

I wanted to take my girlfriend down for a little weekend trip to celebrate our anniversary, and thought it would be a fun, fairly affordable trip to enjoy. When I called, about two weeks in advance, there were no more comped rooms available. We both had off on Monday for MLK, so I decided it was worth to spend the time there and ate the $77 for the room.

We were placed in the MARINA TOWERS (capped for attention). We made decent time getting down and were welcomed with a $12 charge for checking in 45 minutes early. This was not waived due to "corporate restrictions" and the receptionist curtly directed me to feel free to re-wait on line to check in at 4pm if it was too much of a problem. I again took the cost.

Going into the room was the biggest slap in the face. The physical structure was fine, but the room smelled horribly of sweat and body odor. I was already frazzled at this point, but my lady friend discouraged me from bringing my complaint up. As we continued throughout our stay, we found more and more disappointment; skeevy and unclean shower, the persistent smell (that we eventually got used to, but were re-welcomed by each time we entered the room), sticky brown spots on the desk, and even a trail of what must have been cocaine residue on the table.

At check out I was hit with more charges, such as a room assessment (which, judging by the condition of the room, never happened prior to my check in). I, yet again, paid and did not say anything, to which in hindsight was a mistake. I was stuck between trying to show my girlfriend a good time and not look like an unhappy person and getting the service that I was used to receiving free, but instead paid a price for of $100.

There are positives to this casino and hotel, and it normally offers a good night life, friendly casino atmosphere, and competitive rooms. But after this experience, I strongly question what the norm is, and am debating if I need to look into another location when visiting Atlantic City. Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay out of the Marina Towers. I had previously stayed in the Atrium Suites, which are worth paying...
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was a nice hotel. Slot machines are very outdated! Buffet was the best part, now I know why it was pricey. Pool is beautiful. Bed was comfy. Stayed in the waterfront tower. Had a nice enough view. This is an average hotel.

virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is our 5th harrahs we have stayed at across the USA and it is the worst. We had reservations made 2 weeks ahead of time and we had a late arrival. When we arrived we were told that late arrivals are not guarented the room requested. We had to settle for a 2 queen bed room that was old and outdated right next to the elevator and the noise level was outrageous. When i called the next morning and complained and checked on a different room i was told it probably would not matter because "after all it was Sat night and that is our Party Night". You also can not bring a cooler to the room make sure you know this before going all the way through the casino than having to back track to take it back to your car. I think the worse part of the whole experience was seeing the "Working Girls" in the lobby and around the Pool Party. We spoke to one of the security guards and he just laughed it off and said that is very normal. I have stayed at better Motels 6's then this dump. Beware do not bring your children to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!