“Room was nice, pool needs some work” 4 of 5 stars

40% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Room was nice, pool needs some work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our stay was for 1 night, the hotel room was great, updated, modern, etc. The restaurants at Harrahs are also great, highly recommend Dos Caminos. My only complaint is the pool area. At night or during the day, all the seating is reserved which is first a pain...my second complaint is the dirtiness. The hot tub was green and has sand in the bottom...this is December...why is there sand?!?...plus the temperature was on the cooler side and above you you have dangled shells with a clear 1 inch of dust on them...please clean and I will be more likely to come back!

3,509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (888)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Worst customer service rude staff dirty rooms and dated hotel and casino. Please don't waste your money here! Registration staff especially Mindy is very rude didn't think it was necessary to even smile didn't even reply to when I said hello politely and the manager was equally incompetent. Don't ruin your trip by staying here if I could I would give them 0 stars they don't even deserve one star. Btw we did stay in their waterfront tower and it's soooo not worth the money. Rooms smelled like vomit and smoke.

• Stayed December 2012
Westmont, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a 2 night getaway. The whole reason I chose Harrah's was for the wonderful indoor pool. The pool water was cold, the building the pool was in was cold and the hot tub was only 96 degrees. I know its winter but these facilities are all indoor. We couldn't even use these facilities. The restaurants are great, the rooms are a little worse for wear and the slots are stingy!! Thank goodness we did get a good rate on the room...not sure we would stay there again.

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

After a terrible experience over the summer with the housekeeping (or lack of) at Harrah's over the summer, a girl friend (2 separate rooms booked) spent 4 days at Harrah's in December to celebrate a birthday. We requested one of the Harbor Tower corner suites as they have two separate rooms joined by a living area. We were told it was possible if we requested this at check in and they were not completely full. Upon check in the front desk had no record of the request and the poor guy we dealt with had no idea what the corner suites were. As there is one on every floor of the tower I gave him the room #s and he said there were none available. He was very nice and as we couldn't figure out why the room wasn't available during the week, we took two separate rooms. Come to find out, the entire tower was undergoing upgrading and was closed. How do you have front desk staff that don't know the type of rooms you have or that an entire tower is closed?

The housekeeping had improved but the overall feel of the staff was very negative. I had complained to top management following my stay in July, and the follow they promised was great, the follow up I received was very poor. One of the VPs actually told me he had tried to call my room several times during my next stay but never left a message as in his experience guests never checked messages. Perhaps he didn't realize that the room phones have a flashing orange light that is almost impossible to ignore, or perhaps as I mentioned to him he underestimated the mental capacity of his guests.

As I'm a frequent guest I stay at the property because of the comps. Over the years I've gotten to know several bartenders and servers. My last few trips everyone seems very negative about the new management and they have lost some good people.

I'll definitely stay again as they offer me the most choices, but it's nowhere near as nice as it used to be and the lack of management is very apparent. Wish it wasn't so, but the Golden Nugget is offering some great deals and I spend some of my AC time there now.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade at check in. If the hotel is not full they will usually put you in the Waterfron...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is a $13 dollar cab ride from the board walk. But I kept hearing about the pool/lounge the hotel has. I went in the afternoon at about 4:00 p.m. I have heard there is a cover fee for about $40, but for some reason there wasn't. The place is beautiful. You feel like you're in some Caribbean paradise and not in the middle of Jersey somewhere. The crowd ranged from their 20's to their 40's. I had a patron margarita which was pretty good.

The life guard doesn't permit guests to splash water around to each other although the Harrah's ad has two couples playing chicken in the pool... Any way I was in the jacuzzi most of the time and there was a woman who was trying to start arguments with people which she successfully did and was never removed. I would return, but I want to experience it at night and see what all the fuss is about.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
bayshore ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nothing bad to say. Clean spacious rooms. Beautiful Pool. Plenty of shopping . And lots of reasonable places to eat all within hotel. Off site parking across the street very reasonably priced.
Stayed in Water Tower next time would definetly go the extra $ to stay in a Bay View Room.

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed in the Waterfront Tower right by the pool. The room was a bit disappointing. The furniture was clearly past it's prime. I was a little surprised. We expected above average considering it's the newer tower and described as such. The view was great. I will say that. The check-in was smooth and front desk staff was very friendly.

I haven't been to Harrah's in awhile. It is a large property and for a large property I think it needs better signage as to where things are. We also didn't know the only way to order a drink was through the slot machines. Wait staff took awhile too.

Overall, it's was fine for a one night stay. I will most likely visit the casino again but for an overnight stay I'll book accommodations elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!