“Nice overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Nice overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed here to see the Russiam Ballet perform the Nutcracker, have a nice dinner, and enjoy the casino. Nice room in the Marina Tower, and we found all staff friendly, The show was outstanding, and dinner at McCormick & Schmick's was very good.
The breakfast buffet was so-so at best with most selections cold and blah in taste.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,058)
  • Turkish first
Denver, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

If I stay in Atlantic City, i stay here. That being said, sometimes the rooms are not as clean as they should be (I have found used condoms in rooms, etc.. so gross). The machines are not great, kind of tight. I think they need more smoking sections honestly.
The club is over rated and over priced and the check in process is horrible.. seriously expect to wait at least an hour to get your room key.. I also had the experience when my key stopped working and the clerk insisted someone was in my room. There was nobody there and it was a scary experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Commack, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been at this hotel four times in the last three years and it is getting more and more run down. We opted to stay in the Waterview Tower even though I have free promos in the other towers. This tower is suppose to be the nicest and it is really getting rundown. There are stains and rips on all the carpeting in the halls and in the rooms. The rooms smell disgusting like they have had a smoking party in them and closed up for months. The mold in the shower was plentiful. There was dried blood on the comforter on the bed. Food was overpriced and unedible. 30 dollars for a room service breakfast that was cold and gross other restruants were just as horrible. Hated the buffet. The help in the hotel were so unhelpful and unfriendly just hated the place. would i go again i doubt it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I went to Harrah's as part of a Total Rewards package (air, ground transportation, hotel). First, the hotel is located away from the boardwalk, near Borgata and Golden Nugget. Thus, you will need to take a taxi ($13) or Jitney ($2) to go to the Boardwalk. Second, if you have been to Las Vegas, AC is much different. During the week, there are fewer options for nightlife and shows as opposed to Vegas.

I stayed on the 9th floor of the Marina Tower. The room itself looked similar to one at a Courtyard, nothing spectacular. The view from our room overlooked the parking garage but was obscured by the cloth advertising banner. The biggest issue was the bathroom. It was clean; however, the bathroom had no ventilation fan. You could see the door hinges beginning the rust from the moisture from the shower.

We also noticed that unlike Vegas, rooms are cleaned only in the early am. We were hoping to get our room cleaned in the afternoon, but the cleaning staff was no where to be found.

When considering the price of the package ($199 for 2 nights plus all listed above), I wasn't disappointed. The next time they offer it, I'm hoping that it a late week package so that we can go see shows.

Overall, Harrah's is nice, but if you're looking for more of the Vegas feel, then look at Revel or Borgata, if possible.

Room Tip: Other than the cloth banner, I liked the Marina Tower. I'm not sure if I'd like the Harbor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Highland Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed after Sandy...
I received an email offering up to 3 nights free in a Total Rewards hotel for the month of November 2012. I couldn't resist this offer. I decided to book 2 nights over Thanksgiving and brought my kids!
We checked in and had a little mix up with the room (the one they gave us hadn't been made up). There was a very helpful staff member in the hallway who immediately assisted us. He called the front desk and got us a different room, and we ended up with some hotel credit for the inconvenience ($$$). I wasn't asking for it, but they offered.. so I accepted.
We ate at the buffet for Thanksgiving.. it was amazing. They had anything and everything you can think of, with excellent taste and quality.
We were a little disappointed about the Family Fun Center being damaged by Sandy. We didn't know the Family Pool was closed until after we got there, so the children were unable to swim. This wasn't a big deal. We managed to have a blast anyway.
It was great to get a comped room too.. it allowed us to spend our money on other things. Doing this, I felt we were contributing to getting the Jersey Shore back in business. Store owners were very polite. The boardwalk was great! There were some obvious hurricane damages, but most things seemed to be open.
The staff was exceptional. Courteous, friendly, and delightful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for one night and it was a stark reminder of why I go to Las Vegas and not AC. the casino floor is nice but as is the case with most AC properties the rooms are dated. This room was in the marina tower. The bathroom was disgraceful. Hair on the bathroom floor ( I shave my head so definitely wasn't mine!) but the worst part was the shower. The water didn't drain and a 5 minute shower resulted in water above your ankle! GROSS. A call to the front desk yielded no results. This room was comped with my total rewards card and even free was too much for this gross stay. YUCK.

Room Tip: tazza cafe was good quick eats
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Charlottesville VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just back from a getaway weekend at Harrah's Resort in AC. Checked in around 11 pm Friday night. Scored Waterfront Room on the 32nd floor. Host suggested that floor rather than the 8th floor (too close to the bass of the pool party at 4am!). Room was lovely. Bed and pillows were awesome! Felt like I was being hugged all night long. Pool area was too chilly to enjoy this trip, but it is December! Great tomato soup at Bills. Finally got lucky (on slots) too! Won $2,040 on a $3 max bet on my last machine on my last night. Doesn't get better than that! Thank you Harrah's!!

PS The casino, elevators, hallways, bathrooms were all spotless!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!