“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lindenhurst, New York
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

From the time we checked in to the time we checked out. Service, food, everything was excellent. We had fun. I lost money, but there is nothing that we didn't like. I would recommend this to anyone.

Only fault, there were a few small children there. I didn't find that appropriate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,053)
  • Turkish first
Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went with My Husband for 1 nite .in Waterview Tower..room was Very Nice Clean ..Big & we were on the 19th floor so we heard no noise from the indoor pool party on Wed. nite.....Our only complaint is the fees they add on for everything...we arrived about 11/2 before the Check in time and were told ther would be an $11.00 charge for early Ck. in......I thought it was a Joke ..but it was not.....we did not pay..checked out bags with Bell Desk.(free)..& checked in at 4PM...also $5.00 Valet Chg....& $5.00 Self Park... give me a break!!!....the Taxes & other fees in Atlantic City are Rediculous....we WILL NOT BE GOING bACK FOR A LONG WHILE

Room Tip: If a Wednesday Nite ..in Waterview Tower ...go with High floor!!!!
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We checked in late night and found ourselves in a dirty room. Towels and both beds were used and not made up. I called the front desk to ask for a room change and Jennifer picked up and wheb I told her what had happened she sounded as if the room being dirty was my fault. I was here with my husband to celebrate his birthday and Jennifer really knows how to start our stay on a sour note. Jennifer didnt even offered an apology or any type of emphath towards oyr situation. Didnt offer a service recovery as well which we didnt ask for but would have appreciated the gesture. My husband told me not to complain since he is a manager in a big hotel in NYC. He goes above and beyond for his guest and have always asked his staff to do so and I can see his disappointment for not getting the same treatment when he now he is on the other side of the desk.

This rant will go unnoticed im almost sure of it. A sincere apology is all we needed and will definitely not come here again to experience this kind of low level service from Harrahs most especially Jennifer.

• Stayed November 2012
pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I recently spend a Friday night at Harrah's AC. The pool is wonderful and so convenient to Waterfront rooms. We went shortly after Hurricane Sandy had devastated the area and pretty much had the place to ourselves.
We had room in Waterfront Premium and quite honestly, it needs a rehab. The room is quite dated and dirty. Furniture is starting to show its age-worn. Rugs need to be thoroughly cleaned/replaced The bed was pretty comfortable but the sheets had holes in them!
The bathroom is large and clean.
We did have an issue with booking as I had talked to several reservationists on the phone and each time got a different price. Three of them insisted that I book immediately as the price would surely go up as we got closer to the weekend. I did and got a price of $160. On the day of arrival, we called and were quoted a price of $89.00 which would not be honored at the front desk when we arrived. In speaking with check in personnel, they said the price could "change $50.00 in 5 minutes". So beware.
If you want to hang items in the closet you may want to bring your own hangers as there was only two in our closet!
The attention to details here have definitely been missed and that was for the premium room, not sure what it must be like in the other rooms.
The shuttle to other Harrah's properties was very slow (approximately 45 mins) and the area where you have to wait is dark, cold and a bit out of the way.
It is not on the Boardwalk, which we knew because we have stayed here before and we are fine with that but if you want to be close to the Boardwalk and ocean, this is not the property for you.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed on a Sunday and Monday night and had a good time. I recommend the Bay View Tower if you want to use the pool. The room was a little dated but clean and comfy and the bathroom was great with a huge tub and a separate shower. There are reseraunts and bars right by the elevator and buffet is close by. I would make sure you hit the buffet as it is awesome food but very loud, great food worth the loud if your are not looking for romance. There are also many other places to eat and I found the staff everywhere through out very friendly. Here are some 5 suggestions to make your stay easier.

1. If you do not like your room have it switched immediately you will make out better.
2. If you gamble sign up for a rewards card. Great offers and benefits.
3. If you plan on using the pool get a towel and a book on a chair early limited chairs.
4. Make reservations for the better reseraunts.
5. Stay away from the large $5.00 slots they never hit! If you play cards do not be afraid to sit at a crowded table, there is a reason why it's crowded.

Had a great time and we will return!

Room Tip: Choose Bay View or Waterfront
Fords, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I always stay at Harrah's when we visit Atlantic City. The rooms are clean and there are a variety of restaurants to choose from. We love to visit the pool during the day because it feels like we are not even in Jersey! If you want to take a cab to the boardwalk area, it's very inexpensive and there are always a ton of cabs lined up and waiting. We definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the Bayview/Water Tower. These rooms are the "newer" of the hotel. The ot...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Staying at Harrahs is a good time. Lots of games, restaurants and things to do. The pool area is so cool. Huge dome pool with a roof area for sun bathing. Great time. This is off the AC strip so you have to take the total rewards shuttle (free) or a cab over. Rooms are very nice. One tower is a lot older than the other two, but the older tower is very nice with up to date ammenities too. I will be back to this location!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!