“comped room” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
“comped room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

older tower but OK. room clean with no upgrades (older tv, older sofa, carpet) no damage from SANDY that I saw. If I could have it should read 3.5 on a 5 scale.stayed sun into monday. Went over to the Borgada later Monday and I thought somebody turned on the lights. Bright, clean, and alot of people.
Really depends on what you like. Harrahs was fine but low key and nothing special.

Room Tip: ask for the remodeled rooms!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (945)
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just spent the weekend here. After reading some previous posts, I was on the lookout for deterioration from previous visits. My room was in the Marina Tower and was big, comfortable, and clean for the most part. (There were some areas that needed a good dusting.) I did not notice much damage from the recent Hurricane Sandy.

The employees were very friendly and helpful and seemed to be happy to be back to work. I have never experienced such prompt and frequent drink service.

The burger at Bill's Burger was the best. I enjoyed it so much I went back the next day. (I also tried one at Johnny Rocket's at the Showboat which was a big dissapointment.) Travel companions told me the buffet was also very good.

The wait for the shuttle to the boardwalk was over a half hour but I was told the full complement of busses was not running that day. Jitney service was every 5-10 minutes at the time.

The gaming was fun with lots of new machines and I even found a 9/6 JOB slot. While I didn't come away a winner I had a great time. I will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Do not book a room at this hotel. It may look very modern and nice but my husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and got terrible bed bugs bites. I had about 30 bites alone. No one seems to want to take responsibility for them and the manager and customer service are very rude!!! I filed a claim and 3 weeks later it was denied. I certainly did not imagine these bed bug bites and neither did my husband. It is no coincidence that we checked in just fine and left with more than a dozen obvious bed bug bites. It completely ruined our weekend. I will never stay here again and as a warning if you ever have an issue with this hotel they will be rude to you and do everything in their power to ignore you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Richboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Anyone paying for a room here should keep in mind that alot of the rooms are comped for the players. If your paying be very careful what tower your in. You have a alot of teenagers on the weekends because they share a room as they have a very big party at "The Pool". When my play rate went down so did my room quality. I don;t like the older towers at all. Some of the smoke free rooms smell like smoke or air freshener, The 2 waterfront towers are the best, Modern rooms, great marble bathrooms, plus. If you are not playing and have to pay full price for this on a weekend it;s like over 400 a night. Not worth it. The high rollers come in for the weekend. They get the best rooms. I do have to say their buffet is worth the price with or without a comp, It's the best in AC.

Room Tip: Ask for the waterfront towers. Bay view or city if you prefer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Asbury Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I didn't expect much from Harrah's Resort Atlantic City. Last time I went (many years ago) it was a rather drab and blah experience. But this time I can't say enough good things about it! My room in the Waterfront Tower was beautifully appointed, comfortable and featured a huge flatscreen TV. The clock radio had an iPod dock. The bath featured a walk-in show and separate WC facilities. The casino floor is really large but never feels crowded. The dome-enclosed pool is gorgeous - even just to pull up a deck chair and read. The staff couldn't have been nicer. My only slight qualm was that the food at the Burger Joint was really mediocre and there wasn't much of it for the price. Still - what a lovely way to experience a post-Sandy Atlantic City. I'm convinced - from now on The Marina will be my place to stay and play.

Room Tip: Go for the Waterfront or Bayview Towers!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Central NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Some things to keep in mind when you stay at Harrah's resort:

1.) The self parking is a very far away from the front desk. If walking is an issue for you, use the valet instead. Plus, during the week, I believe the valet parking is priced at $5, just like the self parking.

2.) All of the casino hotels (except for the Altantic Club), have a parking fee. The cost is reduced when you have a players card. I believe this parking fee is a city requirment.

3.) "The Pool" is for adults only. No children are allowed. Yes, parents... that's right. Sometimes us adults want a place to relax without kiddies running around. If for some strange reason you bring your children to Harrah's, there is a family friendly pool located on top of one of the towers. Use it !!

4.) On Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday nights, there wil be tons of young adults staying at Harrah's due to "The Pool at Night", which is one of the hottest clubs in AC. So if you don't want to see young ladies parading around in tiny mini skirts and heels, and guys walking around with beers in their hands, stay elsewhere!

5.) If you go during the week, many of the restaurants will not be open, or they have limited operating hours. That includes the Waterfront Buffet.

6.) Harrah's Resort is NOT on the boardwalk. It is in the Marina District, and it's neigbors are The Golden Nugget and The Borgata. There is a walkway that leads to The Golden Nugget, but you would have to take a jitney, taxi, shuttle, or drive to the boardwalk if you want to check out the other casino hotels. Many of us prefer that Harrah's is in the Marina, instead of being on the boardwalk

Here's my review-
This was the first time I was upgraded to an "Atrium Suite". I found the suite to be very nice and it was spotless. You enter into a nice living room with wood floor, couch, table & chairs, and a large flatscreen TV. The bedroom is a bit small, and it contains a very comfortable kingsized bed wth another flatscreen TV. The bathroom was immaculate, lines where fresh, and the suite looked like it was recently renovated.

The casino is very large and they have a very large selection of machine and table games. The new drink ordering system is working much better than it was when they first started it. I think the max I waited for a drink to arrive was 10 minutes.

I recommend Harrah's for a good time !!!

Room Tip: I find the rooms in the Waterfront Tower have the nicest decor, but they are starting to show some w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our stay at Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City was probably the worst experience we have ever had at a casino-style resort (and we've stayed at a lot of them). Our check-in experience was awful: long lines, rude associates, inconvenient check-in location, and self-park was almost in another state! Our rooms were spartan and had several things that didn't work (3 light bulbs out, a non-functioning telephone, horrible climate control. There was not even a tiny little pad of paper or pen to be found in the room. Don't even get me started on the "amenities". The meals we had here were, without doubt, the worst we've ever had in a casino and the most expensive. We couldn't get out of here fast enough, but of course, Harrah's got the last shot as we pulled out of the self-parking garage and found that we had to pay to exit! We don't expect to win at any casino (and we didn't), so this review has nothing to do with that aspect of our visit. Just stay as far away from here as possible. If you want to blow some money at Atlantic City, you're better off just dumping it in the ocean. That would be a better experience than staying at Harrah's.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!