“cindy” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“cindy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

One of the better hotels to stay in atlantic city. Nice clean rooms and thier pool is the Best! It is enclosed in glass for perfect tempature but can still tan. At night it is a club. It is for adults only all the time because they serve liquor so they won't let anyone under 21 in at any time. They do have a family pool somewhere on the property.

Room Tip: The mini suite is excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,027)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I'm not one to complain about a free room, especially being comped on a Sat, but we were put in the oldest part of the hotel. The room itself was basic hotel room, nothing special. The refrigerator took hours to get cold, the tv remote didn't work correctly. There were no outlets near the night stand to charge your phone, the tv was dated, the air conditioner didn't work very well, the ice machine in the hall was broke on our floor, and the shower head sprayed in a million different directions. If I was a paying customer or staying the whole weekend I would be pissed. Because they do not take care of their "lower end" towers, I'm not really looking forward to staying anywhere in this place.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel wouldn't comp me after I literally gambled $12,000 there. Then the hotel manager told me that I have to pay them 199.99 for a room for the night. Very sleezy place and sleezy hotel managers. Their rewards program is COMPLETELY BUGUS. Avoid this place like the plague!!!!!!!

Canfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I read some of these horror stories and people complaining about floors smelling like smoke while in a smoking room and smoking floor, etc.

I was scared and stayed in Marina Tower, room 5036 for 3 days midweek and things were fine. My only complaints were I either couldn't figure out how to stop bathtub and sink didn't stop too easily until it finally broke on me at last second before I left. The room was clean and the house keeper Marili P was the cutest and most friendly girl you could meet. She did a good job. I would come back there. When I manage to upload the video review to Youtube, I will edit the link here if allowed.

My only real complaint was I was not allowed to check in until 1230 which I later found out to be a Total Rewards card benefit to get early check in. It is a great casino and hotel, do not be afraid to stay there because you could do worse.

Room Tip: Get a Total Rewards card to save on dining and to take free CET shuttle to boardwalk hotels.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I spent a Friday night at Harrah's a couple weeks ago. We paid to stay in the waterfront tower and it was one of our better stays in AC. The room was very large and modern, and the bathroom was nice and Luxurious. That said the room was, by no mean's, "perfect". It wasn't particularly "clean" and smelled like armpits and alcohol - but this seems to be the norm in AC. The beds were clean and comfortable and everything seemed relatively well maintained. However it was pretty obvious that there some recent/wild parties in the room - several stains on the carpet, scuffs on the wall, shattered lampshades, etc - again, to be expected in AC.

Overall a reasonably comfortable stay in the marina at a reasonable price. Although not "flawless", the Waterfront rooms are definitely one of the more modern/affordable/spacious options for a night in AC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the bayview tower and I honestly can't complain! Nice room, nice view, great staff! There's a few stains on the floor and some updates to be had, but all in all.. it was a great stay! Besides the pool, the nightlife isn't too alive but you can just hop on a jitney to wherever. I'd stay again!

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Harrah's many times. We prefer not to jump from casino to casino so we have no reason to be near the boardwalk. Occasionally we have walked to the Borgata from Harrah's and it's about a fifteen minute walk along the water. We usually get comps for the older harbor tower, and recently they upgraded us to the waterfront tower 32nd floor. The pool is great but can get crowded, try to get there before 10am if you want a lounge chair. During this visit and aquasize class was taking place in the morning.
I'm not a big gambler, but I do enjoy the rapid roulette and they have some great slot machines.
For the pet owners out there, Harrahs is not pet friendly, (Showboat is). Since I enjoy the amenities at Harrah's, I recently tried boarding my dog at the Atlantic City Pet Hotel. For one night it worked out great. The place is a few minutes from Harrahs and I was able to drop my dog off by 6pm and I picked her up after checking out of the hotel. Not a fancy place, but the owner Scott was pleasant and the girl who walked my dog was sweet. I wish we could take the dog with us to harrahs, but since at this point it is not an option, the pet hotel was our best alternative.

Room Tip: The waterfront tower is nice, especially for the view. The elevator bank for the waterfront tower i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!