“Atlantic City in WInter-Not for Kids/Teens” 3 of 5 stars

40% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Atlantic City in WInter-Not for Kids/Teens”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Feb20 - Booked 2 rooms in Harrahs Waterfront Tower for 2 Adults and 3 kids- ages 10,15,17. Nice and comfortable though 1 smelled like smoke. They could not remedy problem. The Entire Hotel stinks like smoke. I go to Vegas every year and do not recall ever being overwhelmed by smoke there. AC is too weird for a family get-away. The family pool at Harrahs is tiny and lame. There is nothing for teens to do.
We visited the Tropicana and wished we stayed there because it has a built-in mall, restaurants, and IMAX, and is on the boardwalk. though the rooms were not as nice as Harrahs.
(Per the smoke issue, The manager credited me 1 night for 1 room, which was fair.)

Room Tip: Waterfront Tower is newest. Rooms were pretty nice and spacious.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

3,203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (776)
  • Polish first
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

So my partner recieved a free flight in the month of February and wanted to take advantage of it. I ended up getting the same flight for cheap so it was settled. We flew into the airport, and expected to be picked up in a shuttle, so it was a suprise when we showed up and someone had a limo for us! That definitley made the night a bit more enjoyable. We showed up to the casino and checked in with no problem. We stayed in the waterfront tower, where everyone says is the best rooms. I thought the room was nice, but kind of on the small side. It was no big deal, I just stayed in their attrium tower before and they had a seperate living room from the bedroom. The bathroom was also nice with a big shower, but the shower had mold in the corners. Wasnt too happy about that.

The next night, a friend of ours came down from PA to visit us and spend the night. She wanted my partner to have a special gift of champagne waiting for him when we got back to our room. She called up the hotel and specifically told them she wants this to be a suprise. She put the champagne on her credit card, and told them to have it delivered to the room so when he arrives he would be suprised. Low and behold we get back to the room and nothing. Was a very big let down. They left 2 messages on our machine saying there's a gift waiting for us. What was the point of that? So it pretty much spoiled the suprise when we had to call and wait for them to deliver it.

Altogehter, I had an alright time. These casinos really need to work on providing service. They wonder why everyone is staying at their local casinos and not travelling down to AC any more. Maybe if they work on the incentives and providing better service, it would make it worth it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

VALENTINES WEEK BOOKED A 2 DAY STAY, THE CHECK IN WAS SEAMLESS. Concierge was horrible ... OLD guy at a desk who appears to HATES his job. Blah! Room.... As seen in pictures average rooms the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable! The service in this hotel is completey overlooked, no hospitality, no accommodations, and does not give you the carefree vibe you craze when staying in a hotel. As a frequent traveler this is what separates the good from the bad, and the in-between. The pool was one of the best choices in AC if you're looking for a younger more youthful feel. The Pool which is their nightclub on the weekend should be open more or the pool hours should be extended. Wont Visit again, Borgata ... until Revel Opens up.

Room Tip: waterfront rooms do not have adequate service
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Boyfriend and I got each other a night in AC as our Valentine's Day gifts to each other. He had gotten me tickets to see my favorite music artist at the Borgata this past Saturday so we stayed the night and made a weekend out of it. What we haden't realized at the time was that it fell into a Holiday Weekend and everything was very expensive - clearly inflated in price. But we still had a good time.

My job was to find the hotel. I instantly thought "We'll stay at the Borgata". Until I found that after taxes it'd be $600 for the night! After researching the area, I decided to book us in a Waterfront room at Harrah's. I was taking a gamble with this as I had read several mixed reviews, but what a GREAT choice! The room was $249 for the night and after taxes came to just under $300. It was, by far, less expensive than any comparable hotel surrounding. The hotel/casino was nice. There were plenty of restaurants, gambling areas, and shops - we could have stayed right there the whole night and been perfectly fine. And the pool area is FANTASTIC - during the day. I urge anyone considering staying here to take a look at pictures. At night it's different. We're a bit out of the club scene - and it opens up to a very young crowd / night club at after 7pm. We did not care for this, but depending on the trip you're planning, you may like it. Note though that they charge a cover after 7pm, and that particular night I heard it was $25/person.

What I loved most about this hotel though was the proximity to the Borgata (for our particular trip, of course). The hotels are very close to each other - A cab ride, including the tip, was $8 each way. Granted, the Borgata is beautiful. But the crowd was a bit more "stuffy". As soon as I walked in, I realized that we were much better off staying at Harrah's, looking for a laid back/relaxing/fun weekend, and simply visiting the Borgata.

The only reason I gave this a 4 star review and not a 5 was because, upon check out, I was chared an additional $8 room assessment tax. I had pre-paid for the room, including almost $50 in taxes & fees so I didn't understand the additional $8 charge. And when I asked, no one would give me a striaght answer - as if they didn't understand it either. Finally a supervisor instructed me to call my credit card company and dispute the charge if I still didn't agree with it. The whole situation was just odd. Otherwise, this was a great hotel.

Fairmont, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

our stay this time was well below par for harrahs. The buffett which is usually outstanding,was terrible.I asked twice for a well done steak,both times were handed to me bloody,the chiro sausage was way overcooked and dried out.seafood part of buffett was just ok,crab and salmon cakes were just awful.no snow crab legs were available.we had a no smoking room which was not cleaned well at all.there was burnt matches between bed and nightstand,alarm clock didn't work,windows were very dirty,as well as the curtains,which had cigarette burns in them,room needed severe updating...Harrah's put us in the harbour tower,which is the older tower.As much as we go to harrah's we thought we should have been put in the new tower.Only 3 roulette tables were open on a thurs.night of pres.day weekend,...NONE OF THEM NON-SMOKING!!!! The dealers were very polite,i can say that.What dissapointed me the most was the fact,that I'am partially disabled, I was given the last room on left farthest from the elevator on 8th floor after I requested something close to elevator. VERY DISSAPOINTED.

Room Tip: stay in the new tower if possible
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My Husband and I booked this as a Valentine's day / babymoon trip. We got an awesome deal because it is their off season! The hotel and casino are smoke free except in the designated area, which was a plus considering I was 22 weeks pregnant.

Check in was quick and easy, rooms where clean, room service was fast and delicious. The pool area was awesome!! The only problem was that there was not enough seating, so we ended walking around for about 10 min before an older couple gave us their seats!

We used valet parking, and it was such a great service. It is $5. However, if you are staying at the hotel you only have to pay once during your stay. After that they give you a pass to show them you already paid. When we checked out they even gave us two waters for the road.

We also took the shuttle down to the other hotel, and it was a nice ride. I would recommend waiting for the total reward bus and not taking the Jitny. It is a cheap ride only $2.50, but the Jitny is not maintained well at all.

Overall, our stay was awesome I would recommend the hotel, and would definitely stat here again.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed in November (11/11/11 to be exact....good luck for a casino trip) and enjoyed the hotel as always. I had a Waterfront Tower room, and it is large with a great bed and a great walk-in shower. The Buffet is the best in Atlantic City in my opinion and is on par with the Buffets at Bellagio and Wynn in Vegas. I also enjoyed the Taste of the Shore Food Court Area. Great pizza, and the burgers and subs at Sac-o-subs are top rate.

It was a busy weekend with the Pool Club Scene, and the elevators were quite busy. To save time, stand between the Bayview Elevators and the Waterfront Elevators; they are right next to each other and gives you a better chance of getting an elevator quickly.

There was a fight from the Pool Club that spilled into the Casino, but it was taken care of quickly before it turned into a riot. One guy got knocked cold, and the bouncers took him and a couple others quickly into a back room next to the marina tower elevators. I dont think I want to know what went on back there, bu, but at least they cleared the floor quick.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City? Share your experiences!