“ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1339 Pacific Avenue, Tennessee and Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401-7204   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #16 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
BROOKLYN
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall my stay was ok., except fot the clerk at the desk who decided he was goin to argue with me. When I booked the reoomm I asked for King sized bed/no smoking. I got a queen size bed smoking. I went back downstairs to advice the clerk there is some mistake with the booking, ssso he decided to let me know that it's not his fault in a very argumentative mannerand that he could not accomodate me so he can credit back my account and go elsewhere. finally he gave us a non smoking room with double beds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Walnutport, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Was please at the hotel being it was very inexpensive, room was clean and bathroom was super clean, alittle outdated with furniture but was well worth the price. And location was fine, aside of church and we walked back at night and had no problems with any strange people. I would stay again. Little cafe had wonderful food and very nice people.

Room Tip: We had king size smoking room, because we smoke and that is hard to fine, so it made us very happy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Westbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We checked in on a Tuesday and checked out on Wednesday. The decision to stay there was based on their very attractive room rate. We only needed a place to sleep and change clothes. Check in is at three, but they cheerfully accommodated us at 12:30. The room was clean, neatly furnished, if a little outdated. It did NOT smell of smoke. This was a major concern for me. The AC was really cranked up, but the temperature became bearable once we turned it down. TV was clear with cable. There was a coffee pot and coffee, but no condiments. The double beds were very comfortable, and there were plenty of fluffy towels.
When leaving the room we noticed an outdoor pool and chairs secreted away on the second floor. We didn't use it, but some visitors were doing laps while others read. Any staff we passed in the hall greeted us with smiles or a cheery hello.
The hotel is only one long block from the boardwalk and next door to a very beautiful church, St. Nicholas. The hotel has a cafe on site, but we didn't use it.
Check out is at 11 a.m., but we asked to check out later and didn't leave until 1 p.m.
This room was half the price of a comparable room at the nearest resort hotel. For a short stay, it is just fine. The immediate neighborhood is a bit seedy, so I would not recommend it for families with children.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Union Dale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just came back from Atlantic City,and stayed at this Howard Johnson. To my surprise, it was amazingly clean, the staff was really nice, and housekeeping was great. We had 2 queen beds and a cot and they kept our room spotless. It is a little bit off the boardwalk (they say 1 block, but it is 1 long block) so walking to and from beach with kids might be a little problem but I would definetly stay here again. For the money, I think it was a good choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Well, I pretty much knew the area was bad...I frequent AC a lot. We decided to go on a spur of the moment adventure., and found this place to have the best deal of $75 for a Sunday night. They are not racist, like people say..in fact., the pool manager/life guard is a black man, and the guys who work the counter are eastern. But you have to realize where they are coming from...at night, the street are filled with homeless people. drug dealers and prostitutes....the majoirty of which are black. When I was checking in, a black man came in, asked for a free room, and when was told a polite no, called the front desk agent a terrorist. I was walking behind 2 black men and overheard their conversation of needing a place to bathe (they did stink) and make their deals. Im not against black persons, or any race for the matter, whatsoever, but it is a shame that these kind of people, who are so rampant in AC put a bad taste in the mouths of hotel owners for the black people who actually are a decent visitor. For the record, for those who like to call racist to people without taking in account what they are actually saying, there are many nice black families that go there too. They see the mess and it pisses them off as well.
Anyway, the room was immaculate and we felt a huge sense of comfort sweep over us as we walked into our suite and felt the A/C on us. We slept so soundly that night. I did however, not like the drug dealer perched on the church steps at night (i found it extremely disrespectful) or the huge lineup at the shelter in the morning. AC used to be such a prominent area, now it is a total craphole. But we love the beach and the nightlife so we deal with it.
As for this hotel...we will mos def go there again.

Room Tip: Choose a non smoking room, even if you smoke. The rooms are much cleaner. I sneak an occasional dr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I got to say the price I got for 4 days was great .. Well rooms are clean air condition ,cable tv . swimming pool plus other .it a great deal .and its 1 block and half away from the boardwalk.
I went with my wife and 2 kids

I would go again to HJ Inn ..

What I didn't like is the area where it is. but thats nothing..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

It wasn't bad but it was in the ghetto and there was a homeless shelter across the street,the outlets to plug in anything didn't work so I couldn't charge my phone or camera/kindle fire,we asked for a cot and they had none,the only upside was the papa Johns food we ordered lol

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City? Share your experiences!