“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Atlantic City
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Got the one bedroom suite, if you could call it that. Very small for a one bedroom suite, no door on the "one bedroom", cramped room, pull out sofa was terribly hard. Management wasn't very welcoming. Very expensive room for what is was, rivaling and exceeding the casinos. Only this hotel was one few that had an available room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Here at Super 8 we make great efforts to ensure your stay is an enjoyable one and that our staff is able to make your stay comfortable. Although our prices are among the best in Atlantic City, the prices vary with demand- so if the availability of rooms in town is low, prices will naturally be higher than usual. As far as our rooms go, suites not only have more space but also have additional amenities, including a microwave and sleeper-sofa, when compared to non-suite rooms. Our suites never have bedroom doors- they typically consist of a single large room with a sofa and bed. We have never mentioned that there would be a form of partition in the room. However, if you were unsatisfied with your room, we would have been glad to move you to a different room. I hope your next stay at our location will be more satisfying.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Southbridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I did read the reviews for this hotel before I booked it so I knew what I was getting. Its a very decent hotel for the cheap price close to the boardwalk. The staff was very nice and the room was clean. Its not in a great part of town but I noticed no matter where you stayed the next street over was bad. The was some type of police issue going on outside, nothing serious, but we couldnt hear what was actually hear anything so we slept through it all. The manager Debbie was wonderful and very helpful. I would have to say everyone that works there was always very nice and friendly. This is not The Ritz! You get what you pay for. One review said no one helped her with her luggage. What a moron! That person should stay home for now on. If you are a normal sane person that knows what they are paying for. Its a clean, safe and great located place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Here at Super 8 we make sure to deliver a positive experience at an affordable price. We try to ensure the property is clean, with the use of quality housekeeping, and safe, through the use of numerous security cameras located throughout the building. Our staff makes every effort to make sure each customer has a comfortable stay. At half a block from the boardwalk, and a short walk away from the town's casinos, our location is greatly valued. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you again in the future!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Okay so like, it's a Super 8, right? It's a chain that's made a name for itself by being an affordable room when you need it. And this Super 8 is exactly that - and more! I paid my 50 bucks a night (!!! - cheapest in town!) and, for that, I got a clean room which was *quiet* (I can't stress how wonderful this is - more later), had a great selection of cable TV channels (my girlfriend and I are huge BAR RESCUE fans...for some reason...), a King size bed, a nice tub for relaxing baths, and a reception desk staff that was more than happy to accommodate requests (keep in mind, my two requests were "one more pillow" and "more coffee" - if you ask for a slow loris [yeah, Google it], you're probably not going to get it). What's more, we decided to spend an extra night (it was Spring Break, we're two professors, we can if we want), but we spent it in a casino hotel room which was a little more expensive. Okay so fine, it was dressed a little better, but I could hear *right* into the next room! At the more expensive hotel! (*cough* Resorts...) I wanted my Super 8 back.

Super 8's are America. Make no mistake about it. Super 8's are a state of mind that takes you out of the daily grind and puts you into a room that has everything you need and doesn't care if you eat in the bed. This is why my family immigrated to the U.S. from Greece in 1951. (And probably some other stuff about freedom.) My girlfriend and I live in a one bedroom apartment in Queens, NY, above a man who invites over half of Tijuana and lets the mariachi band go nuts until four in the morning and below a woman who must turn into the Jolly Green Giant at night. We send our ridiculous rent checks to a woman we never see, and pray to God things stay that way. The fact that this Super 8 exists, in the paradise that is Atlantic City, is nothing short of a miracle. We live a life that ought to be what Dante reserved for traitors and infidels, yet at this Super 8, we felt like royalty.

Super 8, we're in you wherever we go. Even when we're not there, we're there. We're pining. Stay at this Super 8. Please? Just go for it. One block up is the beach, one block down is a liquor store. It's basically heaven.

Oh, and we totally had sex on every surface of the room, and you should, too!

Room Tip: Get a room! Stay in it! Be happy! (By the way, the "Fitness Center" is rated excellent...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Wow. I am so glad we exceeded your expectations. Please know that to us our guests are royalty and customer service and cleanliness are our top priority. Thank You Again. We look forward to seeing you soon and promise we will make every effort to make sure your future stays will be as pleasant as this one.
Roselle, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I came down to the Super 8 for the first time, my first time in AC. the downside is the location and the people that loiter down the block from the hotel and the pool was outside but other than that we had a great experience. The manager Debbie was very kind and made sure we were happy/comfortable with our stay. One of the front desk people, i believe his name was Gil, light skinned young black man, was very helpful by bringing fresh sheets and blankets on a night when he was working alone and did it very quickly :) we enjoyed our total visit and will definitely be back very soon. Thanks for the great hospitality and experience.

Room Tip: the king size, smoking rooms inside the hotel are the best :)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. Your kind words about your stay are truly appreciated, I have informed our staff of your comments and they expressed their gratitude as well. Cleanliness and excellent customer service are always our priority, and I assure you we will all make every effort to ensure your future stays will be as pleasant as this one. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Salina, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The pictures on the website are very deceiving. I was very intimidated checking in as a single female. The location is in the middle of a not so safe area and there are loiterers outside who made me feel even more uncomfortable. When I checked in I was carrying in a lot of luggage and no one offered to help open the door and I wasn't even offered a cart to help me get it to my room. After I checked in and hauled my luggage to my room which was on the back of the hotel that faces a bunch of crack houses I got in to the room and called the front desk. You can hear everything happening outside, I did not feel safe and I did not take the time to look at the room as the rest of the hotel was pretty ran down. I was shocked this is a Super 8 hotel as it was not even worthy of the Motel 6 name and I wont even stay at Motel 6 anywhere. I am a Wyndham Rewards member and was beyond disappointed. When I called the fron desk the kid who checked me in said sorry so I requested the manager who told the kid to refund my money and let me check out. So I drug all my luggage back down to the front desk to check out and leave and never look back again!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Super 8 Atlantic City? Share your experiences!