“great hotel, friendly staff and close to casinos&boardwalk” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Atlantic City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   175 South Tennessee Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #32 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Roselle, New Jersey
“great hotel, friendly staff and close to casinos&boardwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I came down to the Super 8 for the first time, my first time in AC. the downside is the location and the people that loiter down the block from the hotel and the pool was outside but other than that we had a great experience. The manager Debbie was very kind and made sure we were happy/comfortable with our stay. One of the front desk people, i believe his name was Gil, light skinned young black man, was very helpful by bringing fresh sheets and blankets on a night when he was working alone and did it very quickly :) we enjoyed our total visit and will definitely be back very soon. Thanks for the great hospitality and experience.

Room Tip: the king size, smoking rooms inside the hotel are the best :)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. Your kind words about your stay are truly appreciated, I have informed our staff of your comments and they expressed their gratitude as well. Cleanliness and excellent customer service are always our priority, and I assure you we will all make every effort to ensure your future stays will be as pleasant as this one. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Salina, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The pictures on the website are very deceiving. I was very intimidated checking in as a single female. The location is in the middle of a not so safe area and there are loiterers outside who made me feel even more uncomfortable. When I checked in I was carrying in a lot of luggage and no one offered to help open the door and I wasn't even offered a cart to help me get it to my room. After I checked in and hauled my luggage to my room which was on the back of the hotel that faces a bunch of crack houses I got in to the room and called the front desk. You can hear everything happening outside, I did not feel safe and I did not take the time to look at the room as the rest of the hotel was pretty ran down. I was shocked this is a Super 8 hotel as it was not even worthy of the Motel 6 name and I wont even stay at Motel 6 anywhere. I am a Wyndham Rewards member and was beyond disappointed. When I called the fron desk the kid who checked me in said sorry so I requested the manager who told the kid to refund my money and let me check out. So I drug all my luggage back down to the front desk to check out and leave and never look back again!

• Stayed August 2013
south river
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My friends and I stayed there Saturday evening. When arriving the parking lot was very dark. Check in was kind of a hassle. We had marked on our reservation that there would be three of us staying in the room. When checking in, they told us that because there where three of us we would have to pay a additional fee. So, we did. Then came the fun part, actually locating our room. It was pouring rain out. So the gentleman at the desk said go outside make a left and that's where your room is located. That wasn't the case. We walked around in the dark, pouring rain for about 15 minutes looking for the room and where unable to locate it. I guess someone inside noticed us so they came to the door and yelled, I guess u weren't paying attention walk through the tunnel and make a left. So, we did that, still not finding our room. Finally I said maybe we have to walk
Through this fence to find our room and then we found it. I guess because it was pouring,no one wanted to assist us. The area where our room
was, was sketchy and we felt
Like we where put away from
everyone else. The room itself was very clean and a decent size. The beds where comfortable and bathroom was stocked with soaps and shampoo. The next morning we went
For the "free" breakfast which
consisted of oranges and coffee. It said breakfast was from 7-10, we got there at 9:30 and there was nothing left. When checking out there where no issues, and there was a younger guy cleaning up the parking lot who assisted us with our luggage. All in all it was a decent stay, just wasn't overly pleased with the staff.

• Stayed March 2014
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank You for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I am happy to hear you found your room clean and your bed comfortable. I am sorry you did not like the location of your room however. I wish you would have informed us so we could have changed it. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding directions to your room. Please be assured I have addressed this matter with our staff to ensure in the future clearer directions will be provided, and assisstance offered rain or shine. I also am sorry you found some breakfast items to be missing. The staff members who are suppose to keep the breakfast filled have been spoken to. I wish you would have requested what was missing, as it would have been provided immediately. I hope you understand on a busy morning sometimes staff may not notice the breakfast items are missing. Again I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused you. I do appreciate your input because comments like yours help us improve our property and customer service every day.
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

By the reviews I figured this was a decent deal, and it was, until the next day when we noticed that our room was infested with bed bugs. Our entire bodies were covered in red bumps. Definitely wouldn't spend your money here unless you want some bugs eating you.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. From your tripadvisor information we believe we know that you stayed at our hotel on March 28 for one night, and we also believe we know the specific room number you stayed in. You did not complain during your stay or at checkout. On Saturday March 29th the room you stayed in was rented to another guest who has not made any complaints, and the room has been rented since then as well. No one has made any complaints or left with any visible bites. Bed Bugs, to bite your entire body, requires a huge infestation that would bite anyone staying in that room. Since noone else was bitten Perhaps you experienced a food allergy or an allergic reaction to the blankets or bedspread. Whatever happened, I hope you will accept my sincere apology for any discomfort you suffered, whatever the source may be.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at this lower end hotel/motel for years. Why waste the money on a fancy suite when we don't spend any time in the room? Easy walking distance to boardwalk and super close to, The Irish Pub, another favorite spot of ours. Rooms are clean and staff if friendly.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear you are a repeat guest. Also glad you found our hotel to be convenient, since it is walking distance to the boardwalk, beach and casinos. Our goal is to make every guest stay comfortable and enjoyable. Great to hear your room was clean and the staff friendly. Cleanliness and customer service are very important to us. We look forward to seeing you in the future and promise to make every effort to make your future stay as pleasant as possible.
Peterborough, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Super 8 Atlantic City and were not very happy with our room or the hotel in general. The entire facility looked very old and run down. There was a sign asking for our patience as it was under renovation but we saw absolutely no indication for work being done.
There were no bugs or mold which was good but the room was old and in need or repair. The neighborhood was not particularly well lit and the street was deserted and sketchy feeling. We were glad when our car was still in the parking lot the next morning.
During breakfast, a construction worker from the street wandered in and got coffee. I have no problem with that except that he was injured from his job site and had a big wad of bloody tissues wrapped around his bleeding finger. The woman at the desk asked him if he was staying at the hotel and he said no he was just working near by. She looked at his finger and said, " You should go to hospital and get that stitched!". There was no mention that perhaps he should not be bleeding in a hotel breakfast area.
All in all, I would pay the extra money and stay in a Casino where the security is better and you don't have to walk around the streets at night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear your stay was anything less than satisfying. It is our goal to make every guest stay exceed the expectations of our guest. First I want to know that we do our best to ensure the safety and comfort of all of our guests. We have security cameras throughout the public areas of our hotel and parking lots viewed twenty-four hours a day by our staff. Though the lighting of the neighborhood is beyond our control, we keep our property and parking areas well lit for the safety of our guests. Our hotel is under construction. The work was halted due to weather conditions, but will resume in the spring. I am glad you found your room to be clean. Cleanliness is very important to us. As to the construction worker, please know my desk clerk was watching the hotel, questioning someone she did not recognize as a guest, and requesting he leave, which he did. She also contacted me after he left to inform me as we have a strict no tolerance policy for visitors to the hotel for the safety, security and enjoyment of our inhouse guests. It was a natural reaction for her to rush to help someone and I am so sorry it made you feel uncomfortable. I hope you will accept our sincere apology.
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Upon making this reservation I was a little hesitant after reading the other reviews but after checking in I realized it wasn't so bad. Average room for a below average price. Loved the Irish pub right across the street great prices, good food and a friendly staff. Quick check in and no annoying housekeepers bothering before check out time. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you were pleasantly surprised with your stay and you would happily stay again. I assure you we will make every effort to make your next stay as satisfying and comfortable. Thank You again for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Super 8 Atlantic City? Share your experiences!