“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

40% off room rate
Ranked #17 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersBronze level

1,443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2004

The best place to be while in Atlantic City, exceptionally clean rooms, a buffet with a huge selection of food and deserts. Although I have never won big at the cassinos I wouldn't go anywhere else, they have a large selection of machines for every ones liking, the waitress service is super...So folks want to have a great time, go to "The Show Boat Hotel & Cassino" where everyone has a good time. Tom Garcia New York

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2003

My husband and I have been going to Showboat for many years and have no complaints. There are many nice places to eat, the staff are friendly and always courteous. We recommend Showboat to our family, friends, and to all of you have not been there.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2003

I have always loved the Showboat and have been there on numerous occasions over the years. However on this particular trip to the Casino on 10/8 with my church, a person stole my winnings, approximately $400.00 while I was playing the slot machine. The incident was reported to several security personnel but the one detail that was not reported was the fact that the person who stole my money raised the plastic that fits snugly between the slot machines and reached under and took two of the three cups that I had filled with my winnings. I hope that the cameras detected this person and that they are dealt with accordingly by this establishment. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter. I feel so violated and considerably poorer!

Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2003

We loved it!! We used the self-parking adjacent to the hotel ($3/stay) and took the elevator down to the lobby. It was a busy Sunday but only took about 10 minutes to get through the check-in line at 12:30 pm. We had requested non-smoking, but were told we would need to wait until 6:00 if we wanted non-smoking, so we took a smoking room, hoping it wouldn't smell like those Legion poppies you buy outside the grocery stores....We stayed in the Orleans tower (the new tower, I think). The hallway itself was gorgeous- It felt like we were at Caesars or Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Our room was all the way down the hall, third from the end on the 9th floor. We walked in and were so pleased!
The marble tile entryway is nice and wide, leading you into the room which was spotless, with two plush club chairs and table by the window.
The armoir had a gigantic 32" (I think) tv that swiveled out so we could watch the Patriots game from the club chairs. The room colors are earthy, with reds and golds, and the furnishings were new and of nice quality.The bathroom-incredible! Larger than expected, with a marble tile floor and large granite-topped vanity, and large brass fixtures on sink & shower. Again, spotless, with plenty of toiletries- shower cap, soaps (oatmeal for the shower), shampoo, conditioner, all by Gilchrist & Soames. The water pressure wasn't great, but the luxuriousness more than made up for it! Ate dinner at the buffet with a 2-for-1 coupon.
The dinner is $17.99 per person, and if it weren't for the coupon I would have probably eaten at the Mansion Cafe instead; the buffet is good, probably excellent by AC standards, but not as good as what you could eat at the Mansion Cafe for the same price. Our friends ate there and said it was fantastic, and with drinks and desserts it cost $40 for two.We got room service at 2am- they must have been busy, as they said it would be a 40 minute wait. It was exactly, and the food was excellent- large portions! We have a Gold Rewards card which gave us a $10 discount on our room when I booked at the Harrah's website. For Sunday, 10/26, We paid $69 for the room. Great deal!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2003

My fiancee and I go to the Showboat almost every month. We hold the Platinum card and are very close to getting the prestigious Diamond card. We find that the cash comp rewards are very generous and we always can count on a comp meal at CasaDe Napoli. CasaDe Napoli is a 10 by the way. Excellent food and excellent service. Our rooms are always clean and cozy. We give Showboat a 10...Levittown, PA

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2003

We stayed at the Showboat the 2nd and 3rd of Sept,2003. When we arrived at our room, the card keys to the room did not work. We called the front desk from a phone in the hallway. Within a few minutes someone did come up with different keys that worked. We used the express checkout in the room. Upon reviewing our account we were charged $54 instead of $19( $8X2nights =$16) plus $3 parking. Included in the charges was $24plus for the French quarter buffet and $1 for a phone call plus $9 in additional parking charges.We both were at the buffet but we had comps. We also did not use the phone. When we questioned this they couldn't figure out how these additional charges were put on our bill.They took off the buffet and phone charge and to be honest we didn't realize the additional parking charges until we returned home.
We then called the Casino and upon reviewing our account again I was told that someone else's room charges were included on our bill.They told me they would issue a $9 credit for the parking charges and I would hear from them in 2 weeks It is now 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything

Been to Showboat Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Showboat Casino Hotel

Address: 801 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Atlantic City
Bar / Lounge Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 Spa Hotel in Atlantic City
#10 Casino Hotel in Atlantic City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Showboat Casino Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Showboat Casino Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Showboat Atlantic City
Harrahs Showboat Hotel Casino
Showboat Hotel Atlantic City

If you own or manage Showboat Casino Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.