“Horrible!! run don't walk” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Horrible!! run don't walk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

The hotel is located in the worst area possible! if you come with your family just go away quick!, hookers, drug dealers, noise, you name it!. It gives me the chills to think my children slept in the same bed were hoockers bring their clients!!!!
Run don't walk out of there!.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
dc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

Been to Ac many times stayed at many hotels there including the Holiday Inn next door. First off Atlantic City itself is "seedy", if you stay in a smaller hotel you are going to feel the grit any where you stay. Friday night ($90)/ Sat ($200) You will hear noises outside at any hour but not all the time. Mostly people arguing or slaming there room doors. Yes there are prostitutes on the streets and dirtbags walking around, like I said that is AC. Always has been. Welcome to the east coast. If you want to avoid the grit cacoon yourself in a more expensive hotel with indoor halls and a lobby, not a motel. I would watch my children very closley at any one of these outside AC motels especially at night. But then again why bring children to AC?
All of my gambling was done at the Tropicana. It takes less then 2 minutes to walk from the Trop lobby to your room at the Econo, just walk accross the street.
As for the rooms they are typical 1 star rooms clean enough to get the job done, shower pressure was pretty good and thats important. Parking is free. If you want better stay next door at the Holliday Inn.

• Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2005

Do not stay in this dump! I brought my family here and we had to leave in the middle of the night because it was so dangerous. We had people banging on our door several times (I think looking for a drug deal.) When we called the office for help, we were basically told too bad, there's nothing he could do. When I suggested calling the police, he said they never come. We all felt very unsafe, so we did leave about 2 a.m. Don't stay here if you care about your safety.

• Stayed December 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2005

This was the worse hotel Ive ever stayed!!!...and am embarressed to say we payed 175.00 a night !! The bed was uncomfortable,there was mold around the door,and a large hole in the ceiling!! It was just steps from the major casinos..but pay the extra money and stay elsewhere!!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2005

I have stayed in this hotel before and it was the same clean, nice convient to the casinos. It needs a little concrete work done on the balconies on the second level but over all the rooms are nice and cool and clean. The value was great. I would recommend this location to anyone . I will visit again next year.

• Stayed July 2005
Schenectady, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

A couple buddies and I came upon this hotel as a result of their coupon in the green "Traveler's Discount" book you can pick up at rest areas. This hotel had a deal: $65 during the month of July, but as with all AC hotels- Friday and Saturday nights are priced MUCH higher. I was able to get Friday night for $85 (ask for the LMID discount), but for Saturday the rate nearly tripled- $225 after a $25 AAA discount.

Pros:

-For under $100, this place isn't that bad
-The location was convenient- the boardwalk & beach was just a block around the corner, and the Tropicana was right next door
-Although not advertised by the hotel, wi-fi internet and a continental breakfast is included.
-Many rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave.

My complaints are:

-Saturday nights are way overpriced
-In a seedy area (cash for gold place is next door, my buddy got solicited by a hooker during a walk from the room to the parking lot)
-Room's AC was noisy
-The beds didn't have fitted sheets! My friend woke up sleeping on the bare mattress (yuck)
-Beds only had a heavy bedspread, they had no blanket underneath. I found that gross, am I correct in assuming that hotels don't even wash that part?
-If you want a relaxing time, you may not find it here. There is an outdoor pool where parents let their noisy kids run and scream all day, and you'll constantly be exposed to noise from late-night drunks and traffic from the street.

To sum it all up, the Econo Lodge Beach Block has passable rooms, the location is very convenient, and good deals can be had if you go during the right time. If you're a high-roller, you won't be staying here. But for a place just to crash, it'll suffice.

• Stayed July 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

We couldn't afford a casino room, so we took our chances at the Econo Lodge. Before we arrived, I kept joking about staying at the "Roach Motel". I expected the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised. This was not the "Roach Motel". It was nothing fancy, but it was clean enough and we felt safe. It is very close to the boardwalk and to The Country Kitchen restaurant, where we had an excellant breakfast. The lady at the front desk was friendly, and the parking was convenient.

Been to Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk? Share your experiences!