“Not Clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
sanchepa
“Not Clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was able to check in early which was nice. Unfortunately, the place is filthy. The covers on the bed were stained. The sheets under the covers were also stained. I slept on top of the bed because I didn't want to sleep under the covers.

The worst part was the bathroom. The window here was only attached with duct tape. There was a mat over the shower floor. It was very moldy.

Next time I will spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
HotelManagement403, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

It seems that you have mistaken us for another Econo Lodge in the Atlantic City Area. We please ask you to review the address of your stay as your description of the rooms bedding does not fit ours. We do not have covers on our bedding packages. We have a turned down, triple sheeting package., with white Tone on Tone 250 thread count sheets. Any stained linen would clearly be visible by our housekeeping and of course the guest.

If by chance, this is the correct place of your stay, please call us at the property so we further look into this matter. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year after getting married. My husband and I wanted something inexpensive just for a couple nights away from home. We found this hotel and never checked the reviews. I was looking through my bag in order to change for a nice romantic dinner and noticed a roach on my suitcase. I was like 'hmm maybe he came in from the outside" and didn't worry about it. The next morning I woke up and there were two in sink. Then I saw a dead one behind the TV. Which, we never used the TV. First, the remote had dead batteries and the front desk could not provide me with new ones. Then the cable went out. Real classy. Apparently there was a continental breakfast? I was never informed of it?

The hotel is awesome if you like hobos creeping in your window and hearing the people above you arguing violently!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagement403, Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

While your experience at our hotel seems to have been taken place a year ago, as stated in your review, I would still like to apologize for the experience. We do have a regular reputable (Western) commercial pest control company that maintains our rooms twice a month as routine preventive maintenance just as most commercial establishments do. If you can call our property and ask to speak the manager, we can look up your name and date of stay as well as contact our Pest Control company to make sure the proper measures were taken place. As to date, we have not had any other complaints for such occruances.

In the mean time, we do hope you would give us another try! We have brand new renovated and furnished rooms! Professional Photo's will be distributed to all travel websites shortly!

Thank you again for your comments as I make sure such occurrences may not happen.

Management
west deptford nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was in ac for the night to see a concert so I booked a room at the Econo Lodge for a night stay. The room was clean. it was equipped w/ a refrigerator and a microwave, and the bed was really comfortable. So it suited my purpose. I almost forget about the FREE continental breakfast in the morning was really good also. I would def book again for a quick 1 night stay. The negative is if u r a light sleeper it was def noisy outside and would prob keep u awake but hey its a city and yes the neighborhood is a lil " sketchy" as someone else described it but once again its a city so when venturing out of your room be aware of your surroundings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Checked in @ 2...they gave me keys to room...walk across the street to the room.....it was not even cleaned....called the front desk, they said it would b cleaned by 4:00 pm....ok... Went to the boa
rd walk....came back @ 4:30....room was jot even touched....call back the office again...they said they ll b right over to clean the room....finally I was able to go in the room @ 5:00.....this place sucks

• Stayed May 2013
HotelManagement59, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Valued Patron,

We appreciate your comments as we strive to make sure your experience with us is a positive one. I apologize for your check-in experience. As you know, it was a very busy long weekend and unfortunately mix ups in communications happen our front desk and house keeping department. While this is no excuse, we hope you can consider this an isolated incident. If you decide to visit Atlantic City again, please contact us and ask to speak the GM. I will make sure that you are checked-in right away and that you have a more positive experience with us.

Thank you again for your constructive criticism. I will see to it that we try to correct the lapse in communication.
Grimsby, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went down to Atlantic City this past summer for a long weekend with my girlfriends. We are a group of 21 year olds looking for a beach and nightlife. We randomly picked Atlantic City as it was the closet place we could travel to with an ocean. None of us had ever been to Atlantic City and we didn't really know what to expect.

When we got there we were greeted by the staff and the guy at the desk was very friendly. He allowed us to split our payment ( cash and credit) and was very helpful through out the weekend when we asked where to go eat and go out. However the hotel was the scariest place i have ever stayed. I still feel to this day that my mother would have a heart attack if she knew where we were staying. The pictures online are quite deceiving. The hotel is close to the board walk but its quite the walk to the main strip. The city didn't exactly feel safe to be walking around in at night either.

The room was so outdated, musty and small. There were prostitutes on every corner and the walls were NOT sound proof. The breakfast was really the only semi-decent thing the hotel had to offer

We booked this hotel on a student budget however... it just felt super 'sketchy' and shady. I was also concerned when the cab drivers took note of where a group of girls was staying... Don't think i will ever return to Atlantic City or the Econo lodge until I am at least 50 years old and I am content to spend $15.00 on a drink and play the slot machines.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HotelManagement59, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Valued Patron,

We do appreciate your comments and they will be used constructively. We work with the local law enforcement and neighboring businesses to make sure our surrounding area is safe but we are always trying to get better. Also, with your comment of us being not being on the strip, you may have us confused with another hotel. Our property is located right on the main trip of Pacific Avenue in Atlantic City with a football throw away from the lively Tropicana Casino.

We hope you do give us another try so we can make sure your stay is more comfortable this time around!

Cheers!
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

... I just needed a room for several nights. I didn't want to spend a lot and wanted close to the beach.

The staff was pleasant at check in -- they were accommodating for my request for a 'fridge. The room was average and adequate. The only complaint I had was that the closet was very humid -- but I was there during July -- so I'm not sure if this was just because it was so hot outside. It seemed that there was water/moisture pooled on the safe in the closet.

I didn't spend a lot of time in the room -- I was on the beach or boardwalk. I also never took advantage of the continental breakfast offered. Part of the reason is because this property is divided across two city blocks.

I liked the fact that there was off-street parking right outside my room.

In a pinch, I'd stay again. Thank you for the time I was able to spend there this Summer!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Allendale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The room I stayed in was extremely spacious!! The bed was super comfortable, and I was able to get a lot of sleep. The staff was amazing and took good care of their hotel and guests. It was also in a top location. I hope to come back here next year!!!! :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagement59, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the kind words and happy that you had a great stay with us. We strive to offer the best customer service as possible. We know you have many options when it comes to accommodations but we greatly appreciate that you decided to stay with us.

Come back soon!

Been to Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk? Share your experiences!