“Amazing View!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Atlantic City OceanFront

You added Days Inn Atlantic City OceanFront to your Saves list
Days Inn Atlantic City OceanFront
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Boardwalk at Morris Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Sioux City
“Amazing View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel has an AMAZING view and access to the beach. That by far is it's best feature. I have to be honest, I struggled with the "Very Good" rating. It would be average if not for the view and beach access. The hotel is dated and the room did smell musty. But for me, if I can leave the door open and listen to the surf while I fall asleep it's worth it. There is no other hotel on the boardwalk that I saw that can offer this. You also have a great view and access to the boardwalk.

Room Tip: You have to get the beachfront view on the top floor!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Spent four days here and we had a room with a balcony and beautiful view of the boardwalk and the beach. This compensates for some drawbacks. There is no coffee maker in the bedroom and no free breakfast, so we had to walk down to a nearby Starbucks as the hotel restaurant had long lines every morning. Also the restaurant closes at 8 pm which is too early, and we had trouble finding a convenient place to get something to eat. There is nowhere on the boardwalk nearby to buy other than soft drinks or snacks and the hotel has a soft drink machine in the lobby - no more. Service was good, the maids were very nice and helpful.
Our room in the fourth floor had a door communicating the next room and the first night we could hear our neighbor's loud conversation, laughing and TV till 4 am until we had to bang on the door. Luckily they moved out the following morning!

Room Tip: Definitely the rooms with a balcony and a view of the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

When I made my reservation through their Central Reservation system by phone, I asked if I could have an early check in, at noon (their regular check in was 3:30p). I was told that would not be a problem, and upon check in, it wasn't a problem at all, especially since I checked in at 3pm. So far, so good.

When I asked the female front desk employee to change the card on my reservation, she told me that I couldn't, and that the card had already been charged. Now, I have worked in the hotel industry for a fair amount of time, and still do, and I know that this is not a common, or ethical, practice, especially given how when I made the reservation, I was asked for a card to hold the reservation with. I told the front desk agent this, and she still refused to change the credit card, and only said that I could change it at check out (but if it was already charged, what good would that do????). I also asked to change our Loyalty Rewards number. and she stated that there was already a number on there, and was very pushy not to change it to another number, which was listed on the credit card we wanted to use (due to a promotion the hotel chain is running). After a few minutes of back and forth, she did change the loyalty rewards number, but asked us the name on the rewards number, even though it was listed on the rewards card credit card we handed her. She informed us that she had upgraded our room (this was done before our check-in, not as an apology about the credit card), to an ocean view room. This gesture was very much appreciated.

When we got to our room (265), we found out that not only was this not an "ocean view" room (ok, if you sat on the very front left corner of the balcony, you could see about 5 feet of the ocean), but all of our linens (sheets, towels, and washcloths) were damp. I assume this is because they did a quick turn over of the room to have it ready for noon, when we originally wanted to check in. I appreciate the gesture, but it was executed very poorly.

Everything else about the hotel was great - the location was WONDERFUL - it is RIGHT on the boardwalk. The directions to the hotel from the hotels website were very vague "go to the end of the road, and it will be on your right", and the wireless internet was not working (and the Front Desk staff did not offer any assistance), but those weren't major issues. We were able to connect to the Econo Lodge's wifi from the room, and given how close they also are to the beach, we may try them next time instead, and hopefully have much better service at check in.

Also as a note - when we checked out, nothing was said about changing the credit card, so it was very obvious that our check in agent made no notes what so ever about our request. I asked our check out agent to change the card, and he stated that the card was already charged and couldn't do anything to change it.

The valets were very nice and extremely helpful. We had a room that was right by the ice machine which was convenient, but it was also next to the Housekeeping break room (which was in a room in the middle of the hall (seemed very strange). There was also an older gentleman with glasses who at both check in and check out, only looked over the shoulder of the agent that was helping us, and staring at the screen. A nice "Hi", or smile, or even just eye contact would have been more than welcomed.

If you're going here for just the location and for what's around it, if you get a good price (we got a deal at $55.00), then it may be worth it. If you care at all about customer service and amenities that are promised, skip this hotel.

Jamaica, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Days Inn Atlantic City is a no frills/ low budget hotel with no amenities. We were looking for budget and value on a Saturday night of July 4th week. However the Saturday rate was about $300. When I saw the room I was shocked at the condition and felt that I paid way too much. The room was severely outdated. Dark brown musty carpets, low- kid-sized furniture, and decor that was from the 1980's. There has been no effort by management to contemporize this hotel because I guess there are people willing to suffer this establishment due to its proximity to the boardwalk and maybe slightly cheaper rate. I requested a crib for my infant and they provided a shoddy wobbling wooden crib that I didn't feel safe putting my baby in. The management asked how old my baby was (she was 6 weeks old) because they said that other guests had put their 1 year olds in the crib. Excuse me, but a 12 month old baby is still a baby that should be in a safe crib. Needless to say, I requested that the crib be removed as I would rather risk my infant co-sleeping with me in the bed that was slightly bigger than a twin size rather than risk my infant sleeping in a dangerous crib. I requested a roll away bed for my husband. To pay that much for such a creepy looking place is outrageous, but we were being spontaneous. Don't waste your money to save 20-50 bucks on a weekend just to be close to the boardwalk. The Chelsea is right behind the Days in and close enough to the boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The good points about this hotel was that it was a reasonable price and it was right on the boardwalk. The rooms were spacious with room enough for a large round kitchen-like table. From the balcony, we had a good view of the boardwalk and the ocean. The location of this hotel is fantastic. The boardwalk is literally about less than 20 steps from the hotel. The bad points about this hotel is that it has valet parking and bell hops. Those are not bad in and of itself but I don't like having to ask someone for the keys to my car. Then I had to tip the bell hop to take my bags up. Our room had a funny, mildew smell to it. The rooms and the bathroom could have used an update. The walls are thin. We could hear people arguing in the next room for an hour. This is one of the rare Days Inn that doesn't have free breakfast. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. Overall, it was a good value for the room rate and the location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Easton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We just stayed at the Days Inn Beachfront in Atlantic City, I couldn't get a room anywhere else except Borgata for $200 more. I chose to stay here why I do not know. Our room was not so bad but the pillows were dirty from what looked to be someone else's drool. I must say the bathroom was clean and the water was nice and hot. The problem is for the amount I spent, our room faced the trop and it's dumpsters, I didn't care about the view but in the middle of the night the dumpsters were emptied and it was loud. Along with this we were right next to the elevator shaft and the ice maker. Needless to say the whole night there was some type of noise going on. This would be fine if I only spent $100-$150 a night but the price was $279 and it was just not worth it. Just as a recommendation if you are going to promote the room having a balcony, you may want to get some cheap out door furniture. Overall it would not have been a bad place to stay but I feel the price didn't show the value.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and stay somewhere you get what you pay for.
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I want to say "Balconies" like Homer Simpson says "B-B-Q". Having a balcony with a room facing the ocean in Atlantic City is almost unheard of. The hotels just don't have balconies. The Days Inn has many balconies that view the Ocean & they have 9 rooms with a full ocean view, with a BALCONY. So enjoyable to sit on your private balcony & people watch late at night knowing you're safe. The room was spotlessly clean. Parking is FREE! and its all valet parking. I put 3 stars for pool & fitness room because I'm not sure since i didn't ask for either. The prompter doesn't allow me to skip those 2 questions.

Room Tip: Do get the best ocean view, ask for the 5th Floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Atlantic City OceanFront? Share your experiences!