“UGH” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hollidaysburg
“UGH”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

There are no directions upon arriving into the hotel/casino. It was incredibly confusing. Once I checked in I decided to upgrade to the Centurium tower. I was told at the frontdesk it was the closest tower and the rooms have been updated and I would need to use my room key to use the elevator. Sounded elite, I was sold. Trying to find the tower was awful especially with carrying all our bags. It took awhile and if that is the closest tower...YIKES. I sometimes needs to use my key for the elevator sometimes it just let us push the button. Once we got the 32nd floor it looked old. There were stains all over the carpet walking towards our room. Once I was into our room it was like I was stuck in the 90's. The bathroom was nice, just odd...it's big enough for 2 people but the design made it impossible for 2 people to use at the same time. We got a king size bed. The bed nor the size of the room was anything but plush. The furniture is old and worn out. There was 0 comfort or feeling of elite. I can't even imagine what the a standard room looks like because I felt like even after the upgrade I was staying in a Super 8. It was a waste of money and time. I feel like it would have been nice 20 years ago. Now it's mediocre at best. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1,552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We live in Fla. and have been trying to book a room in Caesars for several weeks. We're trying to get into Caesars in mid-October, weekdays. So far, we've been quoted rates from $141 to $189, plus extras....and I have a platinum card with Caesars. This morning's USA Today has an article about the demise of Atlantic City and the sharp drop in visitors to the casinos. Maybe the problem isn't with Atlantic City. Maybe, it's just about people. Caesars would probably do a lot better with more reasonable room rates.

Room Tip: There are cheaper room rates at better hotels.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed there on the night of 6/6, The housekeeper on that floor gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste immediately after I asked and was very kind. According to all the other bad reviews, I'd chose room 3932, it didn't have any problems. Honestly, most people expect too much from a front desk agent and the hotel overall. I currently work at a hotel and understand a guest's needs, but the expectations on some of these reviews are completely out of line. Most of you giving bad reviews have never worked at a hotel. Thank you, I WOULD stay here again. The centurion tower was nice.

• Stayed July 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel before, but it has gone way down in SERVICE over the last year. The bellman literally dropped my bags inside the room, no offer to lift them on a stand or explain how AC worked or any hotel info. Once inside, my room was very clean, modern, quiet and the beds, pillows and linens were great. BUT, not one piece of information was in my room, not even a room service menu or list of things the hotel had, like a spa, swimming pool or gym or even a map of the facility.No fire safety info or how to choose TV channels. NOTHING
I went back to the check in, and the VIP desk and was told NO they don't have a concierge, when I asked for help. I was offered a small map, but it gave no information about the hotel services. I found the gym and worked out the second day, it was clean but empty and no one was in the area for the hour I was there. I went back the next day & a woman asked me what I wanted and I said I was going to the gym, She said it would be a $15 charge?? No hotel has ever charged me for using a gym before, then I discovered after 3 days, there was a roof top pool and bar, how nice, but also a $10 charge??? They charge $15 a day to use internet, but not always able to connect. When I went to ask about the business center to print my boarding pass, was told there was a charge and I would have to bring my credit card to use the printer. Never heard that one before! Even in motels it is free. It is clear there is no marketing department in this hotel, not only do they not want to help their guests, they are loosing guests by being so short sided. I was not there on some senior citizen gambling special but paid over $2100 for my week stay. For the most part each front desk person I encountered with an inquiry was NOT trained to answer my questions. I never knew their was a gift shop until I checked out, I could have bought a paper each morning. Overall a very bad experience and I won't be back

Room Tip: I stayed in Centurion tower on a high floor and my room was fine
Green Features: what does this have to do with my level of service???
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Queues for breakfast as not enough staff available. Unbelievable for a hotel of this size.
Obnoxious bell hops and slow service reflected badly on other staff who were good.
Very poor value compared with other hotels we have stayed in over a 6 week tour.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This review is way overdue as we stayed March 2 - 7, but I am in the process of researching our next Vegas trip and have been scouring reviews myself, so I felt I owed a post. This was our 2nd stay at this property. We stayed for one night back in October 2012 before checking into our Atlantic Palace timeshare and knew I wanted to stay here for our whole trip this time. The only exception was Saturday night because our flight didn't even get in until almost 10:00pm and I didn't want to pay $250 for the night, so we stayed at Comfort Inn Absecon because it was only $79. While I didn't love the Comfort Inn (lobby nice but halls and rooms pretty scuffed up and very strange smell like Indian food...but everything looked clean), our flight was delayed and we were exhausted so glad I didn't waste the money at Caesars.

We had planned to sleep in the next morning after having a late night and then just eat breakfast free at the Comfort Inn, but sleeping in for us is like 8am and we were really excited to get to Caesars so we just asked the front desk to call us a cab and we were at Caesars by 9am. It was off season and they were expecting a snow storm that day and there was no one in line checking in or out, but they didn't have any King rooms in the Centurion Tower ready. She told me if I came back at 12:00 that she would let us check in early without having to pay the early check in fee. Quickly checked our luggage in with the bell hop and since it was Sunday, decided to eat brunch at the buffet. We were actually very impressed with the quality and the selection of food and enjoyed the included mimosa's (or you can pick bloody mary). Our trip was off to a great start. Headed to the casino and played until 12:00, then got checked in.

I don't really love the entrance to the Centurion Towers because you have to head to the convention rooms/walkway area to Bally's which isn't as pretty or themed, but I do love these rooms. Our room faced to the side looking towards Bally's but we had a high room and had a beautiful view of all the hotels, boardwalk and the ocean. I love sitting in the oversized chairs at the table with my feet propped up on the big windowsill and just gaze out over the boardwalk and ocean. So relaxing. One of the best features of the room that I really wish more hotels would incorporate is the electronic button at your door that tells housekeeping you are out of the room and they can make up the room (it lights up on your room sign outside your door). When you are in the room, you push the Occupied button (or whatever it's called) and they never try to come to your room when you are in there. Each and every day no matter how long we were gone for, we always came back to find our room done and never even saw housekeeping near our room. This is an awesome feature that takes that guessing game out of it for both sides. They see you are gone and do your room right away and you don't have to worry about coming back and having to wait for them to get out of your room or even worse, find that your room hasn't been touched yet after you've just been gone for 4 or 5 hours. Love it!

As I mentioned, the snowstorm hit Sunday afternoon so after checking in we never even went outside until Tuesday. Caesars is connected inside to Bally's Wild West and Bally's so we didn't even mind. When on vacation, we have a tendency to have a good sized breakfast and then eat an early dinner around 4:00, and then have a late snack from the deli. For dinner, we ate in Bally's (nothing memorable) and then had our snack that night from the only deli/bakery that is in the lobby. It was ok but nothing great.

Starting Tuesday, we would venture out to different hotels during the day and gamble there but it was always the best coming back to Caesars and we would spend our evenings gambling there. We went to Johnny Rockets in Bally's twice for breakfast...decent and cheap. We didn't eat at any other restaurants in Caesars aside from the deli every night as we ate at Borgata, Revel, Harrah's and Rainforest Café next door at Trump Plaza. I wished we would have tried some of the restaurants in the Pier shops which is connected, but only ventured in once and it was late and most things were closing. One of the downfalls of going off season.

The only bad thing I can say about the week is that on Wednesday, they started taking out slots from the downstairs casino area and by Thursday morning, half of the casino was gone. I fully understand they have to remodel (they were putting in new carpet and game pedestals/chairs) to keep things fresh and of course they are more likely to do it in the off season and in the middle of the week when there are less people...but it's just my luck that it would happen when I'm there.

All in all, I love Caesars and if staying on the boardwalk, I think it is the absolute best location. The slots were loose the first couple of days but got TIGHT after Tuesday. I believe this is the first time I have ever had to go to an ATM to get more money out during one of our gambling vacations. Oh well, still enjoyed this hotel very much!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
West Milford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been to this hotel several times over the past few years and I have now booked another visit in August. I can't wait to get there as I love being at the ocean and I am in my element being of Italian decent.. The hotel offers many wonderful amenities and it is located right on the boardwalk. The beach is a stone's throw away. If you do not care for the ocean the pool is a gorgeous alternative. Since the passing of my dearest wife that used to accompany me , I now travel alone but it reminds me of the great times afforded by this company. The hotel is a beautiful reminder why A.C. is a favorite destination of mine. I also want to mention the proximity to the great outlet store now in the center of Atlantic City. They are right in Caesar's back yard. Can't wait ! Thank you for your excellent accommodations. S. De Cesare

Room Tip: Great french toast via room service! A must have !!
Green Features: Not quite sure? I haven't paid much attention to this.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Caesars Atlantic City? Share your experiences!