“The Good, The Bad, and The Average” 3 of 5 stars

25% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
ithaca,ny
“The Good, The Bad, and The Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

We stayed at Caesar's A/C Fri-Mon in August. In general, this is a good well-run property. It is centrally located on the Boardwalk; has a wide variety of restaurants; and a good selection of table games, slots and video poker. Check in was smooth, but that's because I'm a "Diamond" member with Harrah's. If it weren't for that, I think we would have waited in line for about 30 minutes instead of the five we did.

On the negative side
#1: none of the rooms have bathtubs. I do a lot of walking on my gambling jaunts and appreciate a good soak at the end of the day so it was disappointing to find that even if I upgraded to suite, I wouldn't be able to enjoy a bath.
#2: the new Qua Spa is absolutely gorgeous but also absolutely over-priced. The starting price for massage is $140 for 50 minutes. A "Ten Second Tan" (includes body exfoliation) is $130.....it's a 30-minute treatment!

My room in the North Temple was just average. I am a smoker so have gotten used to being given the worst rooms in hotels so my expectations are generally low. I had been told that the Temple rooms were "recently remodeled" so was expecting shiny new interiors. Apparently the "remodel" extended only to the bathroom. It had a new (impractical) sink fixture and new shower doors made of heavy glass with metal handles that clanked together whenever you opened them. The bathrooms are tiny in comparision to the spaciousness of the room.

Housekeeping and room service are still great here, but in the future, I will book my stays at Bally's. The Tower rooms there are much nicer. Also, they have a spa, and while it's not over-the-top luxurious, it is nice, and far less in price than Qua at Caesars.

• Liked — Room service and cleanliness
  • Disliked — No bathtub
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

1,556 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
newyork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

Loved the ambiance at Caesars, the room was beautiful, the services were excellent. I would definitely return again!

• Liked — Clean Room, Convienient Location
  • Disliked — small pool area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

My husband and I haven't been to AC in 20 years so it was great to see how much it has improved.
ABOUT THE RESORT:
Caesars is a beautiful hotel. We stayed in the Ocean Tower and had a great room. The hotel is very centrally located. It is on the boardwalk so it is near the beach and shopping (The Pier Shops,high-end retail shops and restaurants, was just across the boardwalk). It is also near Johnny Rockets in case you need a burger and malt fix. In addition, you can walk to the outlets which are about 2 blocks away. You can also walk to The Tropicanna which has a great IMAX (We saw Batman and it was amazing).

POSITIVE:
The staff was wonderful. The place was immaculate. We liked the flat-screen TV and the DVD player.

NEGATIVE:
The pool. If you look for a picture of it on their website there is only a picture of lounge chairs. That should tell you something. THE POOL IS RIDICULOUSLY SMALL. It is slightly bigger than a backyard pool. For a hotel as large as this, that is a big mistake. It is a nice area for sunbathing and having drinks-just not for swimming.They built an enormous spa but seemed to have thrown in the pool as an afterthought. Not everyone gambles and often non-gamblers need something to do while the gamblers gamble.

KIDS:
DON'T BRING THEM! In the first place, many of the rooms DO NOT have bathtubs. They have big showers which we liked a lot but we did not have kids with us. However, if I was trying to wash young children who were used to a regular bathtub, it would have been very difficult. In addition, there is really nothing for kids to do here except swim. And if they want to swim in this pool, they had better get there BEFORE 1PM. After 1 PM, it turns into an "adult oasis". I really don't think AC is a good place for kids, anyway. Aside from the Steel Pier (which has about 20 carnival rides) and the beach, there isn't much else for kids to do
(I would go to Wildwood).

• Liked — Great Location. You Can Walk To Everything.
  • Disliked — The Pool The Pool The Pool The Pool The Pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

I visit AC a few times a year. A family member gets "comp" rooms. This time we stayed at Caesars. The rooms were so nice. Years ago we stayed there, and they have update the rooms. (They were nice before, but they improved them). Very nice, large showers. Comfortable beds. Very clean. Great location as well. It's in the middle of the boardwalk. The Pier is nice and links right to the Casino. Plus the outlet shopping is near (Shoppers park at Ceasers) garage.

The only downside is the cost of the beach chairs and the pool. For hotel guests a chair is $8 and an umbrella is $12. They will set the chairs up anywhere on the beech for you, but the cost was a little much. The pool isnt that great. If you are in the one tower, you have to walk a ways to the other tower, then go through their spa and finally get to the pool. The pool is small and green. They closed the hot tub (which was luke warm) because they had to put shock in it. The pool bar, however, is great. The drinks were wonderful.

• Liked — The size and design of the bathroom
  • Disliked — the pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

This is a wonderful upscale hotel. We stayed for 3 nights over a long weekend. We had a room in the Temple Tower which was very nice and clean. The elevators in this tower were very fast and we rarely waited for one. Check-in (at ~4pm) and check-out (at ~11:30am) were quick and easy. Valet parking is $5 for hotel guests and Rewards card holders (that was for the entire stay as we did not move our car).

The hotel is in a great location - central on the boardwalk and right near the Outlets. The hotel is connected to its Pier Shops, Bally's Wild West casino and Bally's main hotel. This provides many dining options. Most of the restaurants are very expensive - even the quick service ones. We went to several and the food and service were good at all of them.

Since the hotel is connected to Bally's, there are many gambling options on several floors - both smoking and non-smoking areas.

Access to the beach is fairly simple once you reach the boardwalk and there are umbrella and chair rentals available. There are lifeguards and the beach was not very crowded.

The pool is very small with a large seating area and bar area. The pool is open from 8am-1pm for families and from 1pm-8pm for adults only. This can be a problem for guest with children.

Our only complaint was that the fitness center costs $15 per person per day to use. We felt that this should be included in the hotel price. It had about 4 treadmills, 4 ellipticals, a few bikes and some free weights.

I had a massage at the hotel spa and it was awesome. When you sign up for any treatment, it also includes the fitness center and bath spas.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again. Everything is expensive, so be ready to open your wallets.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Went to AC with my hubby for the first time in early July - we are not gamblers but wanted to go somewhere different with a party atmosphere and minimal children (with apologies to parents - we are in our 40's - have no children and wanted more of an "adult" getaway).

We booked through harrahs.com and requested a king ocean view... I thought for the price of $2200 we hould be ok and when we checked in, we got a king and were told that we had the view. Since it was 10pm when we arrived, we couldn't confirm but the room was beautiful. It was in the centurian tower and awesome!! The bed was fantastic, the size of the room was amazing, everything was sparkling clean! We had used the valt parking and paid $5 per night. Ate at Johnny Rockets our first night - it is true that there are a lot of characters on the boardwalk - we were serrenaded by a guy who was singing tunes tv show songs - gilligan's isaland was by far the best!! Service at Johnny Rockets was terrible but the food was good!!

In the morning we found that we faced the parking garage... not even a glimpse of the ocean. My hubby called the front desk and explained our situation - they told us to check back at around 11am... this vecame noon which became 1pm which became later..... we were actuially high enough but just facing the wrong side. Since we were so happy with the room, we told them tol forget it, but did I mention that we paid FULL PRICE? Are we suckers?

Never haf to wait for an elevator - used the pool deck and yes, the pool is very small - you can't see the ocean from thepool deck but htey do have stairs to the roof level if you really want to see the ocean. Keep in mind that up there, you are actually on a roof and near the vents..... yuck!!

The bar service at the pool was great - however when we were there, I heard staff asking parents to watch their children which they failed to do resulting in a few kids nearly drowning in the pool. Perhaps this is why they no longer allow children at the pool during the day - I can't say that I blame them!! The music at the pool usually stank - one afternoon it was great old time rock and roll - after an hour it bacame the same junk that they had played before. Too bad!! The pool is actually a soaker tub but if you are there to lounge and have a few drinks, it's okay. As a swimmer, I would prefer something larger but still with a bar and minimal kids - anyone have any suggestions?

The staff at the pool were great - they always helped us find chairs - the gym is small but very clean. We didn't use the spa. We had the breakfast buffet our first morning there - I found it to be well worth the money - I just didn't understand about having to line up in different lines based on your total rewards "status" - I didn't like this very much but it is a gambling town...... We saw a show (Russel Peters) at the Borgata - what a nice theatre!! We had their dinner buffet - it was much better than those advertised on the boardwalk but overpriced in my opinion. In addition, the bar was located offsite so if you ordered a drink like we did, you waited close to 20 minutes to get it!!!

Caesars is in the best location - right in the middle of everything - but don't go expecting them to smile, and thank you for staying - they don't have to - it's not like a tourity area which relies on travellers coming for their beaches or the location itself - it's a gambling town and people will come regardless if the smile or not. While our checkout was fast and efficient, it was certainly not warm and fuzzy.

The woman working at the valet was much nicer.

So, were we ripped off with the price? Perhaps! Would we go back? We are - the last week of August - right now we are debating between Casers and the Trop - although Bally's sounds quite nice but do they have a bar by the pool? I don't think so!!

If you have any questions and think that I can help, drop me a line!! And if you have any Billy Idol tickets for August 23rd, let me know because I can't see myself standing all night.. I might think that I'm 18 but the body says no more!!!!

Thanks for reading!!

• Liked — Quality, cleanliness, location!!
  • Disliked — PRICE!! Pool was too small but drinks were good!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Central New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed for one night on July 27th. I had not been to AC in many years, not much of a gambler, but this stay was a 50th birthday gift from my sister. She had made the reservation online, so when we checked in, we had a problem, due to the fact that the reservation was in her name and being held, not paid for, with her card. Since she was not physically there, the clerk could not charge her account. After much conversation, we ended up putting it on our own card, but we were pleased to hear the word "upgrade" when the clerk finally handed us our key cards! Our room was in the Centurian Tower, 32nd floor. In a word, it was lovely...smelled fresh and was perfectly clean, quiet, had a view of the beach. We had a very comfortable king sized bed with 4 wonderful down pillows, and THE BEST shower I have ever used in my life! (Instantly hot and strong!) The flat screen TV had a great picture, and there was another TV integrated into the bathroom mirror.
Before checking in, we had attended a show (Paula Deen) in the hotel's Circus Maximus Theater. We liked the theater...not a bad seat in the house, bar right outside and cup holders on each seat. There is quite a large lobby area before you actually enter the theater. My only complaint is that you have to traverse this and go outside the theater area into the casino if you need to use the restrooms...quite a hike for the less able-bodied, or if you really have to go! And don't forget to bring your ticket with you, or else you'll have to go back and get it, like I did. (there's a usher at the door who asks to see it)
We had a great time, enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Buddakan in the Pier Shops, walked the boards, even gambled a little in the smoke-free area...a big plus in my book. I'd go back tomorrow, if only to take a shower there again!

• Liked — The wonderful bedding and shower
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Caesars Atlantic City? Share your experiences!