“Comfortable but could be cleaner” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Comfortable but could be cleaner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We paid $120 to upgrade our room to the Centurion Tower because we read that the North Tower was not so great. The room was comfortable and the housekeeping staff was pleasant but the room really wasn't clean. Nothing horribly gross but you could tell that the cleaning is "surface" level and there is never any deep cleaning. There were water stains, rings throughout the countertops, the remote (in the bathroom- yeah I guess this is a bit gross) had dust and toothpaste on it. My husband thinks I'm nuts to travel with Clorox wipes but we needed to use them. He doesn't usually complain or care about things and he noticed lots of dust in the corners of the room- there is no carpet- it's all tile- no reason for dust. The grout in the shower was also moldy and needed a good scrubbing. The hallways were clean and there was no evidence of smoking.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Clarksburg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The location for this hotel is ideal and the parking is quite cheap if you get the gold card. The only problem is that the rooms are not very clean and it looked like the sheets had not been washed properly. The television did not work and would not turn off and the volume could not be adjusted, so it was an interesting and loud night.
However, considering it is such a big hotel with a lot of parties going on , it was generally quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'll preface this by saying that my boyfriend and I regularly visit and play at the Total Rewards properties in AC, and we no longer ever pay for our room when we go. Therefore, I will not endeavor to comment on value for the money, although I know they run some pretty great specials sometimes. Whenever we have comped rooms available to us at Caesar's, it is our first choice out of the four Total Rewards properties in AC. They tend to automatically put us in the Centurion tower, which is lovely, with spacious renovated rooms and even TV right in the bathroom mirror. The rooms are always clean, and we've always encountered helpful and friendly staff. I will say that we are not big fans of Caesar's casino, though. We play a lot more at Bally's and Showboat. Also, the dining options here do tend to be expensive; we really only ever eat at the buffet, and then only with comps because it's more expensive than Showboat's buffet and about equal to Harrah's, and both of those are better! However, you also cannot beat the very central location of Caesar's on the boardwalk. You will certainly be happy with your stay here, just watch the prices and look for sales and packages!

Room Tip: Years ago, my mom and I stayed in the tower that extends upward from the lobby (Temple tower, I beli...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went to Caesars in Atlantic City for two nights with two friends. The room was nice, clean and well maintained. The clock was wrong, and they came right away to fix it. The casino is quite smoky, but they all are. We found the promotions marginal for gambling, and did much better at a few of the others. But the hotel itself was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here just for a weekend as girls get away.
We had a double queen room. The service was great, room was clean, the bathroom was so beautiful! They actually upgraded our room on request:)
The only small thing that could take some improving is that the Casino was a bit old. However that didn't effect us much! I would stay here again the location is also great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cherry Hill NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was just an overnight with our daughter and granddaughter, but no window?!? Let folks know before checkin. Staff around hotel very nice and helpful. Way overpriced for food and drinks! Machines tight! Bummer you must be 21 for outdoor pool..?!?
If you get a great price go...but don't eat or drink there..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked 2 nights at Caesars as a surprise for my husband's 30th birthday. When I called I requested a Centurian Tower premium room with a view (as suggested by other reviewers on TA). When I received the email confirmation, I was given a delux room in a totally different tower. When I called to clarify, they stated the price would be way higher than what I was quoted even though I had requested that room. The person I spoke to stated he couldn't do anything about it but he'd "escalate" the call and someone would call me back within 24-48 hours. SIX DAYS later, I still had not received a call. I phoned again and they stated it was never excalated but they'd escalate it again and someone would contact me within 24-48 hours. I asked if I could speak to someone right then considering it's the third call to book this room. Again, they stated I'd need to get a call back. Today is another SIX DAYS later and I called to cancel my reservation. I will never stay anywhere that would disregard a simple request multiple times. Called the Golden Nugget and got a Bay view room at a much better price and the person I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caesars Atlantic City? Share your experiences!