“Pleasant Return Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Return Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed two nights in this hotel. Everything went well. The hotel appeared to be full due to a convention. Check in line was long but the wait was short. I was surprised to receive a high floor ocean front room at my request. The desk cleark was very friendly. The hotel is a few blocks from the outlet stores. It is also on the Boardwalk. Food in the buffet was hot and good. I never had a problem receiving a comp drink in the casino.

I look forward to my next stay in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I just got back from Atlantic City. We stayed at Caesers AC for 3 nights. First impression: a receptionist who told me that booking a King size room two months in advance and paying a deposit is not a guarantee that there was going to be one available when we arrived we were offered 1 of 2 rooms either a double smoking or a double non-smoking neither is what I reserved online. After standing at the counter for 20 mins while they talked to the supervisor and gave us attitude due to my being upset about us not getting the room we reserved a room was finally found and we were placed in the North Tower which was so old, the doors to the rooms didn't self close and were definately not fire resistant. Drains were slow I was standing in my own dirty shower water, toilets clogged and one day we got notice that the water would be shut down midnight to 8am. The elevators only held two people with luggage. The casino bathrooms were dirty, and the carpets need to be cleaned.The slots were tight and the tables expensive and you could never get a server while gambling. The "adult" only pool was lacking seating, the pool was gross the color was green, there was not cholorine and had things floating in it and the waitress were to busy flirting with the old men to wait on anyone else. You pay $5 just to sit by the pool oh and $15 to use the fitness center outrageous for less than adequate facilities.

Las Vegas needs to come in and give AC some pointers. This hotel needs some serious attitude adjustment as well updating.

Lancaster County, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I absolutely abhor the way some of the hotel casinos in Atlantic City jockey their prices around depending on the time of year AND the day of the week. You would have to be out of your mind to EVER spend that much money for a few hours of sleep in a noisy and dated hotel.
I was just online trying to book a room for this weekend when I came across the price for Saturday this week of $699 which is actually MORE than the very nice Borgata. No wonder their are rooms open.
We stayed at Caesars in May and had an ok time for a room that was a fraction of that price. The room was noisy, the frat boys next door were up screaming all night long, their music was very loud, the bathroom was not clean, we had to find someone to give us toilet paper as there was NONE left in the room. Paying for parking is absurd. It was just an ok stay for the money we paid then, We will never return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Canton, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Caesars hotel/casino has it all...restaurants, casino and a nice hotel. Close to everything you could possibly need or want. The only problem was the front desk help...they did not accomodate the king size bed/room that I specifically requested online...they said none were available and we were forced into 2...not queen, but 2 full size beds. I wasn't blown away by this hotel...but it definitely had a lot to offer as far as shops, restaurants and location.

PHOENIX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I just got back from Atlantic City. We stayed at Caesers AC for five nights comped. First impression: a receptionist who told me if I had wanted to stay in the beach towers, I should have booked it online. Early check in was $15. She didn't bother to check if anything else was available. We were in the North Tower which was so old, the doors to the rooms didn't self close and were definately not fire resistant. Drains were slow, toilets clogged and one day we got notice that the water would be shut down midnight to 8am. The elevators only held two people with luggage.
The slots were so tight and the tables so expensive we gambled at other casinos. All the casinos you have to pay to park. Starbucks prices were very high. I had a Malibu and pineapple juice only once and it was $11. Cocktail waitresses were scarce. Most of them were serving the tables. Most bars still charged for drinks even if you were gambling. You had to be a Diamond player to get free drinks. Restrooms were so dirty in the casinos. Stay away from the "Cafe". Go to Tony Baloneys but bring your own soda. The sodas in the cooler were warm and they have no ice. McCormick & Shmidts at Harrahs charges 2 X comps. Awesome, but had we known ahead of time we wouldn't have gone. Mortons at Ceasers was 1 for 1. Awesome. Valet parking was quick. We won't go back to AC again.

Green Features: They only replace towels on the floor, and changed sheets once in 5 nights.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

PROS:
- The hotel is right on the Boardwalk and in the middle of everything. It's the most accessible hotel from the expressway
- Connected to the Pier Shops, nice if you want to do some shopping
- Some rooms (towers?) were renovated and had newer beds, etc as I've experienced before, with certain updates like the TV screen on the bathroom mirror

CONS:
- Unfortunately for this visit we ended up at one of the older towers - stained carpets, dusty desks and headboards, bedsheets did NOT smell fresh
- Bathroom seemed clean until we saw hair strands on the bathroom and sink area
- Their buffet is a joke, other casinos in the city have far better buffets and restaurant selections overall
- You still have to pay parking even if you are a hotel guest
- There were so many noisy people in the hallway, and it wasn't even a weekend

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Catskill Mts.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Lovely room with a great view! Everything was clean and tidy. Went there to see a Hank Williams Jr. concert, which was amazing. I do not believe that there is a bad see in the entire theater. The free drinks/beverages came to slot players in a very timely manner and every hostess, waitress, etc. that I meet was more than accomadating. Also, as a small time gambler I feel that the comps came very quickly. My husband and I hope to go back again in the near future. The only pain in the neck was all that Jersey shore traffic to contend with!!! Had a spectacular time all around :)

Green Features: Well, I don't think that casino's are known for being environmentally friendly, I mean look at all that electric they must use. I did see several wind mills out of our window, hopefully this is being used for alternative energy!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caesars Atlantic City? Share your experiences!