“My favorite place even with the kids” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“My favorite place even with the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

When my family goes to AC, I usually ask to stay in Caesars. The check- staff has always been great. Rooms have been clean. I made the mistake once before about being ok with a smoking room. NO I will not taking a smoking room ever again. That's my preference. I find the Centurion tower being a little far for everything I want to get to. I prefer the Ocean Towers. Only because it's right by the SPA and Fitness Center. The SPA is great. The real reason I go. I usually book a spa treatment every time. George is great. The spa staff is always nice and very helpful. You have many choices for food. I like that the Wild Wild West, Bally's and Caesars is basically connected so if I get bored in one or if my husband isn't doing well in one you can move about and try your luck in another casino. It's smack dab on the boardwalk. and walking distance to the Walk and the Boardwalk Hall for Concerts.

For the Kids: There is a lot for children to do. You can see so many things on the boardwalk. The beach is right there. Of course all the shopping. Amusement parks here and there. My kids love it. The Pier has a decent candy store. We've watch the water show and the kids love Glow golf.

Casino: There is an array of table games (Craps for instance) and poker and slots galore. You can't really get board.

My favorite Hotel in AC .... This really is our second home for most of the summer..... We drive 6 hours to stay here.

Room Tip: I personally like Ocean towers
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beaufort, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Booked reservation for non smoking king room through Expedia. Arrived at hotel 28 minutes after the 4:00PM allowable check-in time. The front desk representative said the room was not available & we would be assigned a room with 2 double beds unless we wanted to get the same room accommodations in another tower for an additional $60.00 per night. That was not acceptable since we paid for & selected what my wife & I wanted online. The representative explained that was only a request & is not guaranteed. She explained Expedia should note that on our reservation confirmation. It wasn't & we showed her the complete print out. After negotiating for several minutes and the representative leaving to speak to a manager we finally got a room we reserved in the "better" tower at no additional charge.
This is not the way a customer should start off their stay. We all have enough challenges to deal with daily & when we go on a getaway I expect it to take me away from all the issues.
The room was nice. Average at best. I would have been disappointed if I had anything less. The curtain rod was broken (separated from the curtain). Not a big deal but it turns me off to see anything damaged as I walk into a room. In the hospitality industry it is important to make the customer feel as if no one else has slept in the bed or been in the room before you.
All of the hotel/casino/restaurant associates that we interacted with were very nice & helpful.
The mall that is attached to the casino is slowly becoming a ghost town as many of its tenants are moving out. It was sad to see that since it is a beautiful mall.
So with everything being said we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very professional but this is a summer resort. Outside was obviously cold but too many stores and restaurants were closed. It takes away from the atmosphere when a place is too empty. Saturday night is the only real entertainment but prices skyrocket. The only reason to truly be here at this time of year is gamble, gamble and gamble!

Kinnelon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went to AC for an overnite with girlfriends....was a nice break....the hotel was wonderful...nice king room....room was clean...bathroom and shower was absolutely clean....the casino is nice with more games I could play on my budget....food was excellent here too....have been back and will definitely go back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Queens, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As I'm a Total Rewards member (base status), I get emails every week from them. Usually I ignore it but several of them were advertising rooms for $25/night midweek. I had to burn vacation days as they wouldn't rollover into next year so I figured what the heck. I booked a Thursday night stay at Caesars figuring that as the priciest TR property in AC, I would be able to check it out cheaply as my friends and I usually stay at Showboat since they're usually the cheapest on the weekends. Of course, Caesars was a bit more than $25 and after the $10 AC/NJ tourism tax it was more like $40 but still less than the hundreds for the weekend.
Avoided the early check in fee scenario by checking in around 5pm. Noticed the big sign that said check is at 4pm. Also was exposed to the "we don't have your room type available, do you want to upgrade for $40?" scenario. I had booked a king and they said they only had doubles. What do I care, so I said no. But I would imagine how if you needed two beds and booked two beds how that would be upsetting. On top of the fact that on a cold winter Thursday post-Hurricane Sandy, AC was deserted. There's no way they ran out of regular king rooms. Part of me thinks if I did need a specific bed configuration that I'd book the opposite and check-in solo.
Got the room and the window curtain was pulled down. Hmm, why is that? Usually curtains are left open. I look out the window and realize why. The window doesn't face the outside, it faces into interior enclosed courtyard where check-in and the Caesar statue is. It was kinda cool and certainly probably better than facing the outside cold. But I could see how that would be bothersome.
The rest of the room was pretty standard - 40" LCD panel, decent channel line up, clean beds, mini bar fridge and in-room safe. While the hallways and elevator looked a bit dated and tired, the rooms are better, like they refreshed them. Bathroom was clean. Stand up shower - it was the length and width of a standard bathtub but there was no tub. On messed up thing was the mosquitoes that lived in the bathroom. I killed a bunch of them but they kept coming. Not sure if this gets worse in the summer.
Overall, it was an OK value for what it was. You're paying for the location because Caesars is connected to the Pier shops and directly opposite the outlets which is why I suspect it's always priced higher than the other TR properties. I would however not stay there on the weekends because you'll pay hundreds of dollars a night for what essentially is an average Holiday Express room. Also add the interior facing room, the check-in swap scenario and bathroom pests and I'd be piping mad if I paid $300-$400 weekend rates for that. I guess I wouldn't stay there midweek winter either since I booked another midweek stay in February and I'm staying at Showboat. I'd stay at Harrah's but I'm not driving.
P.S. no more Buffet of Buffets in AC - BOO! :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brick Township NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I give Caesars a lead medallion for check- in. I have stayed here multiple times as the rooms are usually clean and nothing to offend in terms of usability and ambiance. The check- in is always another matter. While my travel partner waited in line, I watched our bags - standing the whole while as the two or three tables and chairs that they formerly had set up were taken away. There is absolutely nothing in the way of an amenity - cold water - a couch or a chair for a weary traveler. Our wait time was an hour and a half. I honestly think this may be a game the hotel plays in order to get you to go drink or gamble as well as pay to have luggage checked. It wouldn't even be a bad idea if only the Restaurant "MIA" nearby the main reception area where ever opened. They play to a dinner crowd and private parties only. Mia is a good restaurnat but they are rarely opened apart from a short dinner hour. A buffet and a Cafe Roma were our only options apart from cake and coffee. Now we went to Cafe Roma two times while at Caesars. I think these hotels lose money on hiring these (illegals?) non English speaking employees who either pretend to know more English than they do or who plain and simplly do not listen when you order. For example I ordered a glass of wine and a lump crap appetizer. I explained that we were there for a big dinner function and I didn't want to overindulge before dinner hence the appetizer. My waiter said Oh jes and a few minuteslater brought me out a hot crab cake dinner not what I ordered which had to be sent back (Don't know if it was thrown out or reheated for some other customer.) I went there again the next morning for breakfast and the fellow asked me if I wanted coffee, I said no thankyou I would like orange juice. He brought us two cups of coffee. Again either a language barrier or lack of attention in either event the odds are better at the crap table than of getting what you order at this crap shoot Cafe Roma. Our waitress delivered my order of stacked pancakes filled with ricotta cheese except there was no ricotta cheese. As she appeared very busy I didn't even attempt to flag her down. She came by finally noticing that I left most of the breakfast on the dish. I told her there was no ricotta in the pancakes and she adjusted the bill. Now that was not my intent. My intent was to have pancakes with ricotta. I don't understand why it is a menu item if they don't use ricotta. All I know is in two visits there they had to remove one hot meal, throw out two cups of coffee, remove one breakfast from the tab and replace one tea bag for another requested one which they also screwed up. Is this hiring of non-English speaking people really a profitable endeavor for the hotel I ask you?
The actual room at Caesars was adequate, but I find it unusual that they provide no bottled water service. There are glasses and an unlined (ugh) ice bucket but no bottled water available in the room. I also waited over an hour to have two duck feather pillows exchanged for foam due to an allergy problem. They never came and I had to call back again losing the window of time I had reserved to rest. Overall they are politely inefficient. I will say that at least the rooms didn't smell from smoke of the casinos as is sometimes the case with the older hotels. I think if they employed a few American workers who spoke English and actually listened to the patrons business would be better. I think if the restaurant Mia were opened more hours business would be better. I think rooms should come stocked with water and a robe if they are going to call themselves a premium. Thats all not terrible, but nothing special and be prepared for the language barrier.

Hazlet, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I went to Atlantic city and stayed 2 nights and we were given a room at the Temple Tower.Rate was very cheap but I guessed my expectation was too high because of my previous stay in Las Vegas .Room was small with one small window facing the reception area. Furnishing needs a lot of updating.Bathroom is tiny, only shower and no bathtub.Room was clean with a comfortable king size bed. Buffet was okay

Room Tip: Centurion Tower I heard is nice.I would not recommend staying at the Temple tower.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caesars Atlantic City? Share your experiences!