“Summer resort” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Carmel, New York
“Summer resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very professional but this is a summer resort. Outside was obviously cold but too many stores and restaurants were closed. It takes away from the atmosphere when a place is too empty. Saturday night is the only real entertainment but prices skyrocket. The only reason to truly be here at this time of year is gamble, gamble and gamble!

1,562 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kinnelon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went to AC for an overnite with girlfriends....was a nice break....the hotel was wonderful...nice king room....room was clean...bathroom and shower was absolutely clean....the casino is nice with more games I could play on my budget....food was excellent here too....have been back and will definitely go back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Queens, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As I'm a Total Rewards member (base status), I get emails every week from them. Usually I ignore it but several of them were advertising rooms for $25/night midweek. I had to burn vacation days as they wouldn't rollover into next year so I figured what the heck. I booked a Thursday night stay at Caesars figuring that as the priciest TR property in AC, I would be able to check it out cheaply as my friends and I usually stay at Showboat since they're usually the cheapest on the weekends. Of course, Caesars was a bit more than $25 and after the $10 AC/NJ tourism tax it was more like $40 but still less than the hundreds for the weekend.
Avoided the early check in fee scenario by checking in around 5pm. Noticed the big sign that said check is at 4pm. Also was exposed to the "we don't have your room type available, do you want to upgrade for $40?" scenario. I had booked a king and they said they only had doubles. What do I care, so I said no. But I would imagine how if you needed two beds and booked two beds how that would be upsetting. On top of the fact that on a cold winter Thursday post-Hurricane Sandy, AC was deserted. There's no way they ran out of regular king rooms. Part of me thinks if I did need a specific bed configuration that I'd book the opposite and check-in solo.
Got the room and the window curtain was pulled down. Hmm, why is that? Usually curtains are left open. I look out the window and realize why. The window doesn't face the outside, it faces into interior enclosed courtyard where check-in and the Caesar statue is. It was kinda cool and certainly probably better than facing the outside cold. But I could see how that would be bothersome.
The rest of the room was pretty standard - 40" LCD panel, decent channel line up, clean beds, mini bar fridge and in-room safe. While the hallways and elevator looked a bit dated and tired, the rooms are better, like they refreshed them. Bathroom was clean. Stand up shower - it was the length and width of a standard bathtub but there was no tub. On messed up thing was the mosquitoes that lived in the bathroom. I killed a bunch of them but they kept coming. Not sure if this gets worse in the summer.
Overall, it was an OK value for what it was. You're paying for the location because Caesars is connected to the Pier shops and directly opposite the outlets which is why I suspect it's always priced higher than the other TR properties. I would however not stay there on the weekends because you'll pay hundreds of dollars a night for what essentially is an average Holiday Express room. Also add the interior facing room, the check-in swap scenario and bathroom pests and I'd be piping mad if I paid $300-$400 weekend rates for that. I guess I wouldn't stay there midweek winter either since I booked another midweek stay in February and I'm staying at Showboat. I'd stay at Harrah's but I'm not driving.
P.S. no more Buffet of Buffets in AC - BOO! :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brick Township NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I give Caesars a lead medallion for check- in. I have stayed here multiple times as the rooms are usually clean and nothing to offend in terms of usability and ambiance. The check- in is always another matter. While my travel partner waited in line, I watched our bags - standing the whole while as the two or three tables and chairs that they formerly had set up were taken away. There is absolutely nothing in the way of an amenity - cold water - a couch or a chair for a weary traveler. Our wait time was an hour and a half. I honestly think this may be a game the hotel plays in order to get you to go drink or gamble as well as pay to have luggage checked. It wouldn't even be a bad idea if only the Restaurant "MIA" nearby the main reception area where ever opened. They play to a dinner crowd and private parties only. Mia is a good restaurnat but they are rarely opened apart from a short dinner hour. A buffet and a Cafe Roma were our only options apart from cake and coffee. Now we went to Cafe Roma two times while at Caesars. I think these hotels lose money on hiring these (illegals?) non English speaking employees who either pretend to know more English than they do or who plain and simplly do not listen when you order. For example I ordered a glass of wine and a lump crap appetizer. I explained that we were there for a big dinner function and I didn't want to overindulge before dinner hence the appetizer. My waiter said Oh jes and a few minuteslater brought me out a hot crab cake dinner not what I ordered which had to be sent back (Don't know if it was thrown out or reheated for some other customer.) I went there again the next morning for breakfast and the fellow asked me if I wanted coffee, I said no thankyou I would like orange juice. He brought us two cups of coffee. Again either a language barrier or lack of attention in either event the odds are better at the crap table than of getting what you order at this crap shoot Cafe Roma. Our waitress delivered my order of stacked pancakes filled with ricotta cheese except there was no ricotta cheese. As she appeared very busy I didn't even attempt to flag her down. She came by finally noticing that I left most of the breakfast on the dish. I told her there was no ricotta in the pancakes and she adjusted the bill. Now that was not my intent. My intent was to have pancakes with ricotta. I don't understand why it is a menu item if they don't use ricotta. All I know is in two visits there they had to remove one hot meal, throw out two cups of coffee, remove one breakfast from the tab and replace one tea bag for another requested one which they also screwed up. Is this hiring of non-English speaking people really a profitable endeavor for the hotel I ask you?
The actual room at Caesars was adequate, but I find it unusual that they provide no bottled water service. There are glasses and an unlined (ugh) ice bucket but no bottled water available in the room. I also waited over an hour to have two duck feather pillows exchanged for foam due to an allergy problem. They never came and I had to call back again losing the window of time I had reserved to rest. Overall they are politely inefficient. I will say that at least the rooms didn't smell from smoke of the casinos as is sometimes the case with the older hotels. I think if they employed a few American workers who spoke English and actually listened to the patrons business would be better. I think if the restaurant Mia were opened more hours business would be better. I think rooms should come stocked with water and a robe if they are going to call themselves a premium. Thats all not terrible, but nothing special and be prepared for the language barrier.

Hazlet, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I went to Atlantic city and stayed 2 nights and we were given a room at the Temple Tower.Rate was very cheap but I guessed my expectation was too high because of my previous stay in Las Vegas .Room was small with one small window facing the reception area. Furnishing needs a lot of updating.Bathroom is tiny, only shower and no bathtub.Room was clean with a comfortable king size bed. Buffet was okay

Room Tip: Centurion Tower I heard is nice.I would not recommend staying at the Temple tower.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a free night stay. We went down on a Thursday night, checked in with no problem. The room was gorgeous and clean!!! The bathroom mirror somehow had a TV implanted in it. You could watch TV while showering! The shower was beautiful. I definitely would stay there again. We were in the Centurion tower. The view also was great. The check in staff was also very friendly. Would recommend this to everyone and will be staying there next time we take a trip to AC!

West New York, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was one of the few hotels I had not stayed at in Atlantic City so I was looking forward to trying it out. Always one of the more expensive options I had higher expectations, which were met. We got a standard room and it was very nice. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the pillows fantastic. I am pickier than most with my bedding so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the bed. The room was nicely decorated and maintained. It had great lighting and crown molding, not just on the walls but on the ceiling which is rare in a hotel room. The bathroom had a nice shower with bench inside. The location is a huge plus. We liked being able to go down to Morton's for dinner, Dusk to dance, and then the Pier shops the next day. It is also walking distance to the outlets. The only thing lacking was the view. Our room faced out to roofs and other towers, no ocean in site. Definitely will come back here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caesars Atlantic City? Share your experiences!