“Large property average size casino.....” 4 of 5 stars

25% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
NY
“Large property average size casino.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We normally stay at Harrahs however we decided to stay at a different Harrahs property. So we chose Caesars AC, I have stayed here once or twice before so it was time for a visit. We arrived late and check in was very easy, they gave us a room in the Temple Towers adjacent to the check in desk....this seems to be the old part of the hotel. Its a little underwhelming it really needs remodeled. The rooms are average size with a small bathroom. The beds are comfortable which is a tremendous plus in my book, the pillow on the other hand were very hard. The casino seems on the small side in proportion to the size of the place. The gambling was good cam home a winner........

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

1,613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel mid week and got an amazing rate.

This was my first time in Atlantic city and I was impressed by Ceasars. I must come back here in the summer time - this hotel is connected to the beach/boardwalk. We had lots of fun even thought it was cold. The casino had two floors and had great variety of games.

The location was great and everything was close. The rooms were spacious and clean. The buffet was a bit so-so, but not bad for the price. Excellent buffets are hard to find.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited AC on a road trip down the east coast in April 12. We stopped off in AC for two nights, despite having heard it was a dive. We were pleasantly surprised. I think if you've been to Vegas already, this would be a let down, but as we hadn't, we loved it. We spent a lot of time with our mouths open, just shocked by the unusual theme decor everywhere.

The hotel was clean, we had a great room, and the service was good. Even though it was really tacky, we can't fault it, as it was an experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was really pleasantly surprised to have had such a nice experience recently at Caesars Hotel in AC. It was my first time staying at this Hotel and I have to say it will not be my last. The check in was great, room was spotless, bathroom was terrific, view was great and most important the staff were very pleasant. The only down moment was dinner at the Buffet restaurant... it was 7pm and while the wait to get in was not pleasant, the food wasn't either. I guess for a Buffet it is quantity over quality but I will know better the next time. It was $60.00 for two people which is ok but the quality of the items were just not worth it. Will not visit the Buffet again!

West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Let me preface my review by stating that there is tremendous variation within each of the major AC casino hotels: You can stay at a given hotel and have a fantastic room, and come back to the very same hotel a week later and have a miserable time. A lot of this depends on luck of the draw, but it also depends on how busy the hotel is. If you stay on a holiday weekend, you’ll likely get a crummy room (unless you’re a whale or pay for an upgrade), but if you stay on a weeknight in the off-season, and you may get a very nice room.

Having said that, for my money, I think Caesar’s is one of the best AC hotel values on the strip. Yes, Borgata/Water Club/Revel are newer and nicer, but the price increase (maybe double) is not worth it in comparison to Caesar’s. If you can avoid the Temple Tower (with rooms overlooking the check-in desk), you should.

All of the rooms I’ve stayed at at Caesar’s have been very nice: The rooms are decent sized. The bathrooms are very large, have a separate room for the toilet, and utilize marble (or at least impressive faux-marble) tiling. All of the rooms we’ve stayed in include a complimentary refrigerator—not a wet bar that charges you if you touch something—which comes in very handy. There is plenty of lighting throughout the room. Bed was very comfortable. Good size flat-screen HD TV. Views vary considerably from room to room. Some rooms have a high-quality soundbar, while others have an MP3 clock radio. Perhaps the best feature is the hotel’s location: Right in the middle of the heart of the boardwalk, so if you want to walk to a different restaurant or try your luck at a neighboring casino, you can do so easily. Plus, the Pier Shops contain shops, restaurants (although not AC’s best), mini golf, and a laser light show, all of which are connected to Caesar’s so you don’t have to step outside if you don’t want to.

As for the negatives: While I have not heard noise from neighboring rooms (i.e., the interior walls seem thick enough), every morning the cleaning ladies are extremely loud and may wake you up. Others have noted the obnoxious sign at the front desk which says you will pay $10 if you want to check in prior to 4pm. I understand if your room is not available, but isn’t it in everyone’s interest to spread out customers’ arrival times? Similarly, we asked to extend our checkout by one hour (from noon to 1pm), and they said there would be a $60 charge. Come on! Other annoying policies include charging for the fitness center (which is woefully inadequate), pool, and wireless. When we set the thermostat, the temperature in the room didn’t quite make it to what we wanted. I believe this is an “environmental” plan they’ve employed, which really means they’re just trying to save their own utility costs.

All in all, I think this is a great value hotel in AC—a nice hotel in a great location for a reasonable price.

new york, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

stayed two nights in the temple north rooms. the rooms are larger than the usual standard rooms. shower instead of tub. so happy this change is starting to be made. we had two queen size beds, which actually may have been 'full size' beds. view was a brick wall. at first there was a foul odor in the room, but that dissipated. areas in the room are a bit worn, but it didn't matter much. there was a safety pin holding up the curtain, that didn't hold so the light would shine in. wished they had plastic cups as i've heard yucky things about the glasses. the walls are not quite paper thin, but thin enough that once the 20 somethings arrived were heard loud and clear. i wear earplugs so sleep was uninterrupted. we didn't have any interaction with hotel staff and as far as value, the room was comped.

perplexing how the restaurants close early. ended up having to eat at morton's.

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had to be in this part of the country to drop off my girlfriend's kid with his father, so we decided to stop in AC on the way home. This was a slow weekend in Atlantic City so I was offered my choice of comped rooms through the Total Rewards card. On a typical Friday, I wouldn't have many free room choices. I picked a premium room.

I checked in about 6 on Friday night and expected a line at check-in, even if it was a slow weekend. Luckily there were only two people in front of me in line so it was quick and easy. We were given a room in the Centurion Tower. The room was nice with a tile shower with a built-in seat, a separate room for the toilet and a TV built in to the mirror. There was a decent size flat panel TV and a decent sitting area. Unfortunately our next door neighbors were blasting loud, rather vulgar music, so we asked to switch rooms.

They gave us a similar room in the Ocean Tower, although this one had a stereo instead of a TV in the bathroom mirror.

The bed was comfortable with a nice pillowtop mattress. There was a fridge and a safe in the room. There is also a telephone in the small room with the toilet. I don't know about you, but I don't want to make a telephone call when I'm on the toilet...and I don't think I want to touch that telephone either. The toilet paper wasn't too rough but I certainly wouldn't buy it for regular use at home.

The room was clean but there was some kind of mold-like substance on the tile in the shower. I'm not talking about the grout as the grout was clean, it was in the middle of some of the tiles. I also almost flooded the bathroom as the water was pooling on the shower door and running right into the bathroom floor. Had I noticed, I could have adjusted the shower head and there wouldn't have been a problem, but I was still half asleep. Sorry Caesars!

I have read plenty of reports here about the staff not being friendly. Well that staff must have had the night off because everybody I talked to was extremely friendly.

The casino was on two levels with a majority of the casino being non-smoking. The table minimums were $15 for craps and roulette and $25 for BJ. The slots were a little on the tight side.

We ate at the Boardwalk Buffet and a late-night smack at Roma Cafe. The buffet was small but good and Roma Cafe was decent at 2:00am, but I'd skip it otherwise. I'll review both of these separately.

Caesars is connected to Ballys which is a plus. You cannot order a drink right from the slow machine at Ceasars but you can at Ballys so if you can't find a cocktail waitress, head over the Ballys and put a dollar in a slot machine.

The gift shop seemed to take expensiveness to a whole new level. I expect a casino gift shop to be more expensive than a typical convenience store, but this place was high. A Ceasars T-shirt was over $40. Three sodas, two small bottles of domestic beer and a pack of asprin was $25.

All in all, the trip was good and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caesars Atlantic City? Share your experiences!