“Friday night before Christmas-Premium Room” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Friday night before Christmas-Premium Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had to be in this part of the country to drop off my girlfriend's kid with his father, so we decided to stop in AC on the way home. This was a slow weekend in Atlantic City so I was offered my choice of comped rooms through the Total Rewards card. On a typical Friday, I wouldn't have many free room choices. I picked a premium room.

I checked in about 6 on Friday night and expected a line at check-in, even if it was a slow weekend. Luckily there were only two people in front of me in line so it was quick and easy. We were given a room in the Centurion Tower. The room was nice with a tile shower with a built-in seat, a separate room for the toilet and a TV built in to the mirror. There was a decent size flat panel TV and a decent sitting area. Unfortunately our next door neighbors were blasting loud, rather vulgar music, so we asked to switch rooms.

They gave us a similar room in the Ocean Tower, although this one had a stereo instead of a TV in the bathroom mirror.

The bed was comfortable with a nice pillowtop mattress. There was a fridge and a safe in the room. There is also a telephone in the small room with the toilet. I don't know about you, but I don't want to make a telephone call when I'm on the toilet...and I don't think I want to touch that telephone either. The toilet paper wasn't too rough but I certainly wouldn't buy it for regular use at home.

The room was clean but there was some kind of mold-like substance on the tile in the shower. I'm not talking about the grout as the grout was clean, it was in the middle of some of the tiles. I also almost flooded the bathroom as the water was pooling on the shower door and running right into the bathroom floor. Had I noticed, I could have adjusted the shower head and there wouldn't have been a problem, but I was still half asleep. Sorry Caesars!

I have read plenty of reports here about the staff not being friendly. Well that staff must have had the night off because everybody I talked to was extremely friendly.

The casino was on two levels with a majority of the casino being non-smoking. The table minimums were $15 for craps and roulette and $25 for BJ. The slots were a little on the tight side.

We ate at the Boardwalk Buffet and a late-night smack at Roma Cafe. The buffet was small but good and Roma Cafe was decent at 2:00am, but I'd skip it otherwise. I'll review both of these separately.

Caesars is connected to Ballys which is a plus. You cannot order a drink right from the slow machine at Ceasars but you can at Ballys so if you can't find a cocktail waitress, head over the Ballys and put a dollar in a slot machine.

The gift shop seemed to take expensiveness to a whole new level. I expect a casino gift shop to be more expensive than a typical convenience store, but this place was high. A Ceasars T-shirt was over $40. Three sodas, two small bottles of domestic beer and a pack of asprin was $25.

All in all, the trip was good and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (841)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ozone Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I recently celebrated our second anniversary at the Caesars and it was a wonderful expreience. After hurricane Sandy, I was very skeptical about going to Atlantic City after hearing about how bad it was affected but after going and seeing for myself I was amazed to see that everything including the boardwalk was like never before. The hotel check in was quick and easy, although I will say that even though I pre ordered my room in advance when I checked in I was told that the room I requested was not available and had to either take stay in a different room for the weekend or switch rooms the following day, that was a little disapointing due to it being my anniversary but I didn't let it take my spirits away. The room that we got was a premiuim room and let me just say that the bathroom of all place had me in awe, it was amazing with a flat screen tv and spa like bathroom. The buffet was delecious with a wide variety of foods, the staff all through the hotel was very friendly and most of all I love the fact that I didn't have to leave the hotel to get to the mall. I would definetly go back to the Caesars again!!!

Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was the first time we were upgraded to something other than the Temple Tower, and we were thrilled with the room! We stayed in the Centurion Tower in a corner room that had beautiful views of the Boardwalk and Ocean. It was spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. There was a remote control hanging on the wall of the bathroom, and not knowing what it could be for, we decide to push the power button. Much to our surprise, there was a TV within the mirror that turned on. It was great for while I was doing my hair and makeup in the morning. We will be sure to request rooms in this tower from now on!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We live in DC so are just 3,5 hours drive from AC and have visited maybe 20 times over the last 5 years! Have stayed in properties along the boardwalk as well as the marina and consider Caesars Palace to be one of the best choices in this "SO NOT VEGAS" city!

One of the greatest qualities is the location. Directly on the boardwalk and almost in the center of it. So for those who enjoy exercise you can walk for several miles either on the boardwalk or on the beach. Caesars is a short walk from Tanger Outlets which offers a wide selection of outlet stores.

Caesars Palace is a large property consisting of 3 towers. So you have to ask yourself - do you want an older room for a cheaper price or a smaller newer room with partial ocean views for a higher price? We have stayed in both and prefer the Ocean Tower with a sea view.

For travelers who have difficulty walking the Temple Tower is the closest tower to the reception. The Centurion Tower is the closet elevators to the casino but this tower wraps around the entire building and connects with the Ocean Tower and can result in a lot of walking.

The rooms in the Centurion Tower offer more space but overlook the back of the building and in some cases directly onto the rooftop where the AC units are located.

Caesars connects by a pedestrian bridge to the Pier Shops which is a multi-level mixed use mall comprising of superb restaurants and a broad spread of stores.

The staff on reception at Caesars are often reviewed poorly but unfortunately for them Atlantic City seems to be the place where everybody wants something for nothing and I think hotel staff across this city have become as tired as the city itself!! We have encountered some excellent staff on reception and have frequently been upgraded and then on the other hand have also been "welcomed" by Mrs Grouch!!!! It's the luck of the draw - but then this is a gambling city!!!!

At the right price in the right season this hotel is a great choice - cheap valet parking and the Qua Spa has recently been totally overhauled and is an absolute must visit. We loved the introduction of Tazza, a 24 hour deli located on the lobby level - superb pastries and great coffee!!

For those reviewers who didn't get their room category that they booked or were on honeymoon and ended up in single beds here is what we have learned, simply NEVER accept that - continue climbing the management ladder until you find either the rooms division manager or director of rooms or front office manager, these are the people who can upgrade you substantially as the only manner of apology in a hotel is this form of compensation known as SERVICE RECOVERY!! They actually have a budget line item to do something special for you in order for you to stay and leave happy and hopefully come back another visit.

Overall we think Caesars is one of the top choices for AC and therefore comes highly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Warwick, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I don't mind tipping a hotel maid. I do mind a grubby envelope sitting on the night stand expecting me to put something in it. I especially mind that when the bathroom is FILTHY when I check into a room. Whiskers in the sink, trash under it and enough grime in the corners to make me wish for a scrub brush.
Add to that the two full size beds rather than single king we wound up with, the reek of cigarette smoke everywhere- non smoking? umm...no and it is an experience we never repeat.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I make the reservation for a room with a king bed. Me and my new husband wanted come here for our honeymoon. We check in and I'm told that they don't have the room I reserved. However, they do have a very nice room with TWO beds. I tried to explain this isn't 1920 and married couples would like to sleep next to each other, but the front desk woman didn't want to even listen. So I get to spend my honeymoon sleeping in separate beds. I just want to thank caesers for making my honeymoon as miserable as they possibly could, and pretty much destroying the imagin of how I imagined a honeymoon. I will never stay here again. On top of this we are facing a roof. so all you can hear is the sound of machinery and the so called bathroom the door doesn't close. Yet, I guess seeing how poorly this place is I should just be happy I have a bathroom door! I'm also writing this as I am sitting at the table listening to the machinery on the roof.

• Stayed December 2012
monroe, Ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had rooms reserved in the Temple Tower, and remarked to the desk clerk that on a previous trip, we opened the drapes of the room and were staring at a brick wall ; she said that
we could upgrade to the Ocean Tower for $40 a night, which we agreed to do. However, after
dragging our luggage to the rooms, we opened the drapes and were again staring at a brick wall, exactly what we had hoped to avoid. After again contacting the desk to complain, we were
moved to the Centurion Tower, a much nicer room. Couldn't the extra aggravation have been
avoided if the desk clerk had been a little more knowledgeable about the rooms, or if she had
paid closer attention to her job ?

Room Tip: Unless you want to have a brick wall for a view, request an upper floor.