“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Place and Boardwalk, 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
WINTER SALE
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

We had stayed two nights over Thanksgiving and it was wonderful.
The room was very nice. It was clean and had an ocean view.
We had used a comp for Weds night and a low rate for Thurs.
Although the bathroom fixtures showed some wear,everything else was first class.
Everyone who worked there was pleasant and courteous.
We would recommend it very highly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Went for the first time to AC, decided to stay at Ballys ONLY because we could use our Credit card points and not pay anything. Well it's a good thing. I wouldn't pay $1.00 to stay in this hotel. We stayed on the 15th floor in the claridge house. When we walked in the room, our bed was right in front of the door, Zero privacy!!! The curtains had stains all over them. The view was pretty, just wish the windows weren't dirty and fogged up so I could see more easy. The dust on the window seal was terrible, do they even clean the rooms, I don't know?? The bathroom was so small and disgusting. There was even a dirty towel hanging on the shower curtain. The bathtub had body hair all in it. I tried to put all of that behind me thinking, I won't be in my room much, which we weren't. However, when we were ready for bed after midnight, the room down the hall decided to party. Not only were they partying they apparently all got into some argument and brought the fight right outside our room. We called security at 130am, who came to the floor, told them to be quiet and go back to their room and If they had to come back they would be kicked out, when they didn't quiet down, we called security again...and again and by the 4th call at 4:00am the "party" finally got quiet. When waking up the next morning and going into the hall we found, throw-up, other body fluids, and food scattered on the hallway. Needless to say we will NOT go back to this hotel, I thank GOD we didn't pay out of our pocket for this crappy place. The hotel manager did appoligize for our night and did give up 2 nights free to use during the next year. The "casino" part of the hotel was nice (don't have anything to compare it to). The location of the hotel is very central, we were able to walk out the door to the local shops. Overall I wouldn't pay anything to stay in those rooms. DISGUSTING

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I was very weary after seeing some of the reviews on here about staying at Bally's. I had a comp room I couldn't refuse so I took a chance. It was a great gamble we arrived around 4pm and had a very short wait in line to check in. The staff were so friendly and helpful no matter what I asked. I was given a room in the Garden Tower with two very nice beds. I have a queen at home and these seemed bigger. They were by far the most comfortable beds I have ever had at a hotel. The bathroom was large with a nice shower. The water pressure was not bad it wasn't great but not bad at all. The only down side was that the view was of a nother building which I didn't care about I just pulled the curtains and the room was great all over again. Had the Virginia City Buffet and that was the best I have had in AC. Hit the tables and did pretty good came back with a little extra money which is always nice. All in all a great trip and I would deffinatly stay at Bally's again and plan to soon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

The room was awful. The bathroom floor look as though it had not been mopped in years. The corners and the plates behind the lamp and table were caked with dirt about an inch thick.
The curtains had numerous stains and the windows were so dirty it was hard to see out of the windows.
I complained to the Supervisor at Ballys and was told the discounted rate was for the ghetto room and not for the other tower. I was told I can switch floors but it will be the same type of room.
I would not recommend this room to my worst ememy and you can be assured:
" I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN"

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is a very average hotel. From the dated decor throughout the casino and carried up to the hotel, the best thing about this hotel is the location on the boardwalk.

The casino itself is decent. The buffet in the Wild West side, along with the cheaper drinks, is good.

The rooms are confusing at first because there are so many different clusters of hotel rooms. The floor we were on was a complete square, so it seemed like the interior rooms had no views. Luckily our room faced north, so we had a great view of the ocean and boardwalk.

The bed wasn't too comfortable. The restroom was average.

Overall, there's not much to say about the hotel. Everything is very average.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Garden Tower Room - very nice - small vanity, but drawers to put stuff so no problem - beautiful and plenty towels - very nice bed. Housekeeping very friendly and accomodating. Check-in was a breeze. Need room key to use elevator - so felt very secure even though dead bolt was broken. All employees seemed very friendly. Had both buffets -WWW and Caesars- basically the same - Caesars costs more (They were supposed to have Prime Rib, but not when we were there and Crablegs only cold). Buffets were mediocre - comparable to a Chain Steakhouse. Did walk over to the Claridge - it's not that far - did see some odd Characters over there. I don't normally smoke, but like to smoke while gambling - it's to bad, the smoking areas are small and crowded, while the no smoking areas are two thirds empty. Wait service at the slots seemed good at all three Casinos - WWW-Bally's-Caesars. One night we got wine in nice glasses at Bally's - next night only plastic cups. The seats at Ballys at the Slots are the worse, my husband got a terrible pain in his back right there in the middle where the back stops - even Claridge has higher seat backs. Slots seemed average - better than West Virginia - it seemed. If you gamble a little bit you get comped parking. The whole trip seemed very nice and much better that I expected from some other reviews.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
BallysAC, Public Relations Manager at Bally's Atlantic City, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Thank you for choosing Bally’s Atlantic City for your recent stay! We're so pleased to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us. Please know that we read all comments and truly listen to what our guests are saying. We’ve taken your comments regarding our slot chairs in Bally’s and the overall food quality at the buffet to our management so that we can insure that our guests are always receiving the highest level of quality service you deserve. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bally’s in the near future! Thank you for being our guest!

Courtney
Customer Relations Coordinator
Atlantic City Operations
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Just came back from two nights spent at Bally's. I had stayed in the Garden tower in February and the room was very nice. This time our only choice was the Claridge Tower. I am not fussy about a room as long as it is clean. The room was very dusty. Looked like it had not be really cleaned for months. Couldn't see out the windows they were so dirty. The shower tiles were dirty. To add to this they were working on the outside of the building and from dawn to dusk there was the sound of drilling and without warning a scaffold with workers would pass by your window. You could hear people in the next room as if they were right in your room. The second night there was a group that kept me up all night with their laughing and yelling. You needed to use your room key and it wouldn't work in the elevators. (This was everyone's keys) So you'd have to move from elevator to elevator until you found one that was working. To add to this one morning they decided to change the carpeting in the elevators. I am responsible for deciding where to book hotels for group tours and would not choose Ballys.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent trip to Bally's Atlantic City. Your comments are very important in helping us to ensure that the services and products we provide to our guests are constantly improving to meet and exceed your expectations.

Please know that we read every comment and listen to what our customers are saying. We value all feedback provided as a means of monitoring and enhancing the service we offer here at Bally's Atlantic City. Our goal is to provide a warm and hassle-free experience for all guests, so it is always disappointing when we hear otherwise.

We would like to address your specific concerns and ensure we make the appropriate changes that will not only meet but exceed your expectations. Please feel free to email us at harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com. We do look forward to hearing from you about your stay.

Courtney
Customer Relations Coordinator
Atlantic City Operations

Been to Bally's Atlantic City? Share your experiences!