“checked in at 10:00PM, checked out at 10:30PM” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Place and Boardwalk, 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
WINTER SALE
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
west haven ct
“checked in at 10:00PM, checked out at 10:30PM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

I booked a room at Bally's and was given a room at Claridge towers (room 254). The room was disgusting. the carpet was filty, there were stains on the walls and ceilings. The room smelled terrible. Guest services was unable to move us to another room, and we were told by them maybe you would like to call around for other accomodations. The whole entire place needs to be renovated. We did call and moved to Showboat which was wonderful, clean and didn't smell. Also the staff was very nice. so don't go to ballys unless your guarenteed a room at Ballys and not Claridge

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

I read too many negative Claridge reviews so I got deluxe room which turned out to be in the Gardens Tower for a brief girls get-a -way celebration for my college grad daughter. While the room was really very nice, the REALLY ugly view of a parking garage right outside the window was a huge disappointment. Apparently the Garden rooms do not have views. I don't think I would go to those rooms again as it bothered me despite my efforts to ignore it. A water view would have just made it perfect.

There was also an area of damaged wood on the room's dresser which was a bit unsightly and there was an area which I think was a TV screen in the bathroom mirror that housekeeping said did not work. I thought that was odd. I find all hotel rooms a bit too dark because of the dim lightbulbs, but that's just me. I think the subdued lighting is to great a mood.

That said, the room was very nice, comfortable. There was a large wall mounted TV which was very nice. Bathroom was very spacious with double sinks, a large shower area - nicely done, plenty of towels.

Drawer space a-plenty but closet was small and really had no hangars - maybe 3. I only thought it odd as the room descriptions actualy commented on the closet.
Beds were great, housekeeping was very nice and accommodating.

Re the view or lack therof- I asked the desk and she mentioned that she could the next day give us a room in the Dennis but she intimated the rooms in the Garden were nicer but I don't think in retrospect that was necessarily true after reading other reviews. I was not sure if I would have to pay more and decided to not risk changing at that point as there was no way to see the other rooms.

We stayed from Thurs--> Sunday AM and most days were overcast so really the view, except for Saturday was irrelevant. I think next time I will ask directly for an ocean view to avoid this.

But overall it was a really great number of days and we really liked the Bally overall and actually enjoyed the Wild West Casino more than the others we visited. The restaurant, shops, bar tenders etc all over the hotel were really nice.

We signed up for the rewards card which we did not realize until day 2 was free and got free parking and other freebies so that was nice.

I would go back, just to a room that had a view.

• Stayed May 2009
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Rooms: I stayed in the Claridge Tower. My room was not comped ( I lost all my total rewards points the weekend before, all my fault). The rooms cleanliness was decent. The bed sheets were stained. A little mold around the windows. The bathroom had an awkward layout where the toliet faced the sink with little room to spare for the women. The room did have a fridge, lots of tv stations, coffee maker and a decent sized closet.

Restaurants: I ate at the asian inspired restaurant at Caesars (forget the name starts with a K). It was a great restaurant. Great food and service. 6ix on the 6th floor at Ballys is also a nice place to eat.

Poker: Ballys is a decent sized room, a lot of beginners, a more relaxed environment. Caesars is more upscale, with nicer chairs and better dealers. The competition is a little better at Caesars. The drink serivce in both rooms was poor.

Burtonsville, Maryland, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Had a comp room in the Claridge. Room was fine, bathroom old but had instant hot water which was great. Charging for internet access ($12.99) is absurd. I have not found a hotel that charges for internet access for a number of years. Otherwise the room was fine. Claridge has seen better days but it was comfortable, clean and away from the crowds.

Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We were a bit nervous after reading some of the reviews. However,we did get a room in the Dennis Tower and we were pleasantly surprised. Nice sized room that was clean and tidy. Big,comfy pillow-top mattress,nice large flat screen TV. Good sized bathroom and separate vanity area. Fairly large tub Lots of clean towels. We were very pleased and we will go back again.

particular23
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Room and associated amenities were as expected. However, what was not expected was the number of on site restaurants that were closed. Our dining options were quite limited as a result.
Also, while the housekeeping staff was quite friendly, the front desk and wait staffs were either overworked or had no interest in providing customers with friendly service.
Wish hotels would roll the cost of wireless access into the room cost. Bally's charged $12.95 for 24 hours of access.

NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

The room was not clean .Non smoking room was smelled like somebody was smoking there just before we came in.We call the staff and complain about ,they send someone to spray the room but it didnt help at all .Front desk staff UNPROFESHIONAL , very bad attitude they made me fell like they do me a fawor when they chek us in.Newer be back again!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Bally's Atlantic City? Share your experiences!