“Could Have Been Better...Guess I'll Quit Smoking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Place and Boardwalk, 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
30% Off Travel Dates
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Brooklyn, New York, USA
“Could Have Been Better...Guess I'll Quit Smoking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Went to Bally's AC for 4 days/ 3 nights, 6/24- 6/27, with my 91 1/2 y/o Mom. She likes the slots & I like the beach!! The staff was polite & accommodating. Check in at front desk was a breeze. We arrived around 1PM and asked for early check in. The housekeeper was cleaning the room but the desk clerk said she would text me when the room was ready. We went for lunch and received a text that the room was ready about 1 1/4 hours later. We picked up the room cards and headed to the 36th floor in Bally's Tower. Well the common areas were nice and clean but when I entered the requested smoking room I couldn't believe how these previous smokers had ciggy burns on the rug and on the furniture tops. Other than that the room was comfy, had an ocean view and the beds afforded a good nights sleep. Ok the room was kinda dated but the brass fixtures in the bathroom with marble floors were elegant. Great lighting and water pressure also. So Mom gambled and I explored. Across from the hotel on the beach was The Beach Bikini Bar. Lots of people hanging out while a live band played and sang; girls clad in orange bikinis taking your beverage orders. This is the New AC for sure. Since the Stupid Storm Sandy there are now dunes and sea grass all along the sand, which means you cannot see the ocean as you stroll along the boardwalk! Safety first. I did notice that all those creepy, smelly gift shops along the water side are all gone. Nice sturdy buildings now hold the shops for souvenirs. Went to check out the pool the next morning and they charged $5 for access but you got a towel and a small bottle of water. The roof top sun area was cool, breezy, lots of nice loungers & no sticky sand. Only prob is that you have the humming of machines on the roof but after a while you get use to the drone like sounds. The indoor pool was congested with kids all day. The adults could swim from 5P- 6P! Gee thanxs. The whirlpools are a plenty and very relaxing. Seems that there is a lounge/ dining area near the pool level but it was not operational. The bar outside by the lounge chairs was also not operational. The casino was comfortable with plenty of slots. My Mom uses a "wheelie" and the access for her rolling about was great. Johnny Rockets makes the best burgers & shakes. They have a spot at the base of the hotel on the boards. There are lots of choices for dining throughout Bally's for breakfast (Corner Cafe), lunch (Johnny Rockets, Pickles Deli) & dinner (Noodle Village- service is incredibly SLOW). Guy Fieri's Chophouse hand not opened yet as it was in the process of being built. All in all it was a nice trip and Mom had a great time.

Room Tip: Better request the newer tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (831)
Hamilton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife & I came down for an overnight "comp" on a Sunday. We got here a little early and were pleased to find out the desk clerk waived the early check-in fee, (usually $10 to check in before 4:00 pm). With a $10 tip I was also able to get a "corner room" only 2 floors from the top of Bally's tower. The room had a view of the beach in the main room and the bathroom had a raised tub with jacuzzi jets with a different view of the boardwalk and beach. Rooms are a bit dated now but it was good to see they have updated some of the gaming areas and added Guy Fieri's new restaurant along with Buca di Beppo. We went to the Bally's Beach Bar just off the boardwalk and there was a great band playing called "Big House Band". They played rock and top 40 music and we really enjoyed them. The bikini clad waitresses are not too hard on the eyes either. :) We enjoyed a nice dinner at Nero's in Caesars, (right next door) and then hit the tables. We did well there too, my wife even hit a 3-card straight flush and then quit while she was ahead. We left the next day after having a very enjoyable stay at Bally's.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views from both sides. I can usually get one with a $10 tip.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed here several times only because I received comped rooms. However, my recent visit was my last. Like other reviewers, I waited a ridiculously long amount of time to check in only to be told the room was not ready. After returning to the key pick up several hours later, I was finally able to check into my room which was above the courtyard where there was an extremely loud band playing. When I checked in I was not informed that the room was located in such close proximity to such loud noise otherwise I would have canceled my reservation and went home early. Unable to sleep, I called the front desk and requested another room. They claim the hotel was filled to capacity (hard to believe since the parking garage had blocked off several sections on multiple floors with yellow tape so I'm wondering where all of the guests parked) and the only room they could offer me was above the beach bar that has music until 3am. Not a reasonable solution in my opinion. I spoke with the manager who was extremely nasty and equally as unhelpful. I spent the night wandering the boardwalk until the music stopped and I could return to my room to sleep. Based on the major hassle of the check-in process, the location of the room, and the awful customer service provided by the manager I will take my chances at any other hotel but would never return to Bally's nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed for three nights at Ballys, Atlantic City, earlier this month. We had stayed in this hotel 7 or 8 years ago and found the hotel to be tired, the staff, unmotivated, and the restaurants, average. We had such a bland experience that it really never occurred to us to return. We are loyal to the Caesars/Total Rewards properties in AC and stayed at Harrahs on a previous visit.

We decided to give it a go because on the website, we were offered a Corner King Room in the Bally's Tower. I cannot say enough about the comfortable room, luxury linens, space and the bathroom amenities such as a large soaking tub, tiled stand alone shower and windows out to the ocean. Security was terrific. At the front desk, the staffer could not have been nicer upon check-in and we found everyone to be welcoming and helpful. And the new restaurant choices!
The new Italian restaurant was delightful and even though we did not dine at Guy Fieri's new steakhouse, it's on our must-do list when we return. The casino has been cleaned up, threadbare carpeting replaced, and even the people in the casino had a new attitude. It is perhaps the biggest transformation I have seen yet, In AC.

Recommend that the hotel complete the job and replace the tired red carpeting at some of the access points. Cannot wait to retuen - it was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Bally's Tower - overlooking the boardwalk and ocea.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
salisbury maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'm rating this hotel as a Seven Star Guest , so of course the red carpet is rolled out for us .
But, we are suppose to get this top notch service in every Harrahs property .
Bally's is right on the boardwalk and an easy inside walk to the next store beautiful Caesars.
A few short steps over to the Pier mall and a few blocks to the best outlets ever!
So, after shopping go to the spa at Ballys , it's all that with an indoor pool .
Now it's time for dinner . And then go play craps !

Room Tip: We get the two bedroom suite . The Penthouse is nice but no children allowed on that floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a very dated hotel but has a great location on the Atlantic City Boardwalk making it easy to walk to the other casinos and attractions on the Boardwalk safely. It is also a short walking distance to the outlet stores. The room was clean, and there was a telephone in the bathroom - I enjoyed the bathroom not necessarily the telephone. The hotel has several towers and the one I stayed in was nice with easy access to the casino floor, shops and hotel front desk. Bally's has a nice selection of restaurant choices with Johnnie Rockets and an inside coffee shop for breakfast, also there are many great locations to get food in and around the hotel. I would stay there again as I felt safe even with all the things going on and the people walking around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were down in AC for an Iron Man competition. We were told this is one of the nicer hotels to stay at.

Checking in was a great experience. You got to meet the people around you as you waited 45 minutes for the 2 people to check you in. You also had to help other people out, because they left the "Check Out" sign up for the Check In line. You would think more staff would be working when there is a major race coming into town, and you were listed as one of the hotels to stay at for the athletes.

Walking into the room, you can clearly tell that nothing has been updated in here since it was first built except the TV's and the door lock. The most expensive update the hotel made for the room was the small 20" flat screen TV that was shoved into the old cabinet TV box. This made it perfect so that you were only able to view the TV from directly in front of it.

We were up in the "towers" which was supposed to be the "nicer" rooms. We were told that you needed to use your key card to get up to any of the hotel floors for security. This would have been nice if it was actually working. Out of the 4 elevators working, 1 required the key card to go up, which the other ones would just go up without any issue.

The casino was fine, but some of the staff running the drinks were rude to people.

Overall I will never be returning here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Bally's Atlantic City? Share your experiences!