“Ballly's Tower” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Save Saved
You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Place and Boardwalk, 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% off room rate
Ranked #25 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
NY
“Ballly's Tower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I thought the room here wasn't bad. The view was the best part. I requested an oceanview and actually got it! 38th floor. Very nice. The room itself is worn. I think the hotel is tired. They just remodeled the casino floor and that looks very nice now, new carpet etc. Now maybe they can work on the rooms. The gold décor is out. I had single bed and the room was pretty big, lots of room. The bathroom has a garden tub that could be a jet tub but you need to have the jets in there for that lol. The shower is small but does the job. My room was comped but I would stay there again even if I had to pay. You can't beat the location, center stage. You really don't stay in the room long,just to sleep. Too much going on outside. Go and enjoy the beach!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

1,996 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We spent a Friday and a Saturday night here because we were involved in a wedding on Caesar's Pier. We chose to save a little money on our hotel, and chose Bally's rather than Caesar's for our accommodations. The room was somewhat small, but clean and attractive. The check-in and out process went smoothly for us, and they let us check in early. They only charge $5 for guest parking, so overall, I think it is a good value for the location and comforts provided.
There are fun activities for younger people, such as beer pong and a mechanical bull (which goes along with the hotel's theme of the Wild West.) I saw some negative reviews, but we had no issues. So I would recommend Bally's in Atlantic City.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room was great very comfortable and clean... Right on the boardwalk great time ... The only problem could not find breakfast early in the morning....the pool was fantastic and the diamond club was beautiful....would love to go back...

Bethlehem, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was a little worried based on some reviews but was pleasantly surprised with how nice the hotel actually was. We stayed in the Dennis Tower and the rooms were not outdated like some of the pictures I saw on here. We had a decent view of the boardwalk and the ocean. The beds are super comfortable! The only thing I didn't like about the room was that it seems like you have to put the air all the way down to 60 degrees to get it cooled down.

We stayed here for for a bachelor/bachelorette weekend and were able to book a block of rooms for a group rate. The casino is just like the others...nothing that stands out really. The Wild Wild West bar is nice for some affordable drinking. Be prepared to spend a ton of money on drinks anywhere else.

I would stay there again if going with a group of people.

Room Tip: Book a room in the Dennis Tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sparta, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Every Fall MAACM has a conference. Bally's was very nice and very large. The check in process was horrible. We had to wait in line approx an hour to be checked in. I am sure this was due to such a large crowd for the conference. They did have other windows open to accommodate the general public checking in. The rooms were very nice. Spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was very large which was surprising but nice. All of the staff, whether hotel, restaurant, casino or parking were friendly and courteous. It was a good trip and a nice stay.

Room Tip: We were in a tower room that had a wonderful view of the ocean and the boardwalk.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

After meandering around trying to find the hotel lobby from the parking lot across the street my wife, who doesn't notice things, says 'this is an old hotel' She was referring to the conditions of the rug in the hallway. Waiting for the elevator you can hear room conversations, some of which are colorful. But based on what we paid for the room it's expected. We did not want to pay a lot ($44.00) for a stay over that was on the boardwalk and in the middle of things. All this was reasonable. Our biggest gripe was the bed. It's so soft it as like a giant pillow. For one night we handled it.
The location is the best thing. We were 2 blocks from the outlets and within walking distance to the taffy store and other casinos.

With so many other choices next time we'll try another hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is more of a review of Atlantic City and Harrahs properties as a whole than one of just Bally's. My wife and I just returned from an overnight trip from the Bally's property for a "comped" room we were supposed to pay just $53 for (not including taxes, fees and other amenity charges). First of all, I must say the room on the 38th floor in the garden tower was very nice with a great view of the beach. It was the only redeeming thing about the weekend. For what I spent at the tables and slots (tight slots at that), however, should have at least entitled one to free parking or free wifi. I couldn't even a send a text message on my phone as my phone was seen as roaming by my provider. They almost force you to pay the 17 a day for wifi. Fast forward to this morning when we went to use the "Spa". The woman at the counter asked us if we were guests of the hotel and stated that it would be $5 a person. We gladly paid and spent an hour or two in the pool, sauna and whirlpool. Upon checking out, not only were we charged the $10 but an additional $10 as well for what the staff member said was a special Atlantic City tax or surcharge. A 100% percent tax? No wonder AC is going bankrupt and deservedly so. Not even a free drink is given unless you're a Diamond Club member. Looks like years of corrupt politicians and gross mismanagement have finally sent this place into a death spiral. Goodbye and good riddance. I'll go to Aquaduct and Sands in Bethlehem on my next gambling excursion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Bally's Atlantic City? Share your experiences!